The pictures shown on websites do not represent some of the rooms in this 'hotel'. I don't know how this 'hotel' has been given a 4 star rating, I would not even rate it as a 4 star b&b.
The staff we met were friendly. The reception area and bar looked quite dark. The dining area in the conservatory was quite pleasant.
The room we stayed in was on the first floor was very small and faced the rear of the building. There really wasn't much room and it didn't even have a chair in. I didn't feel the heating working in either the room or the bathroom and had to resort to using the convector heater which had been placed in the room. It was probably one of the most dusty rooms I had ever stayed in, it was obvious that the carpet had never been cleaned for months or longer behind the TV unit. The bathroom had mildew on the ceiling, tiles and shower curtain. The view from the window was of the rear patio area which was untidy and had old furniture left in.
The breakfast was really nice.
The car park was free, although there are a few holes in it.
You do have to pay on check in (that's not My usual experience of 4 star hotels). I would take the advice of fellow Trip Advisors and ask to see your room before you pay! I think I would have gone somewhere else!
We paid £55, which was ok. This hotel really needs to have a good clean and be tidied up.
I feel disappointed in having to allocate a 2 (poor), but I feel that it really didn't justify a 3 (average).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located steps from Southport’s promenade and just 0.5 miles from the beach, this Victorian hotel is surrounded by bars, shops and night life. It provides free parking, and the on-site restaurant offers a creative menu. Lord Street’s shops and gardens are just 5 minutes’ walk from the Albert & Victoria Hotel. Southport’s Pleasureland is a 10-minute walk, whilst the hotel is within a 5-minute drive of 4 golf clubs. Boasting free Wi-Fi, satellite TV and a DVD player, each individually styled room also has a private bathroom with a hairdryer and free toiletries. Some rooms also include basic kitchen facilities for self-catering. Set in a modern conservatory, the Dining Rooms restaurant serves British dishes, a full English breakfast and a wide selection of drinks. Southport Rail Station is less than a 10-minute walk away and provides 45-minute rail connections to Liverpool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Book Direct Rooms, Expedia, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Alexandra & Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexandra And Victoria
- Alexandra Victoria Hotel Southport
- Alexandra Victoria Southport