Booked a weekend stay in June;then read reviews and became concerned. Rang hotel to discuss. On arrival,were warmly greeted and was clear our concerns were addressed. We had a de luxe room (6) which was room enough for two people albeit the en suite shower room was small. Room was clean,linen fresh, no smells, usual extras and there was a kitchenette in a cupboard [plus tea/coffee & biscuits] Main concern was the window-old style and wonky- with metal framed secondary glazing which was difficult to open and close. Noise levels however weren't that high but take earplugs if a light sleeper. The three staff we met were pleasant and helpful,Alison especially so. My mattress was lumpy and creaked. A plump matress topper was provided as a quick fix,which was quite satisfactory; two spent light bulbs were replaced on asking. The breakfast was well cooked with usual choices and good for the price. Dining room bright and airy if a little dated. The buliding is old and a victorian guest house style. The interiors need a bit of TLC but thr outside seemed recently painted. It is not a boutique hotel and the room price a bit high for a guest house but it is on the seafront and near the shops.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located steps from Southport’s promenade and just 0.5 miles from the beach, this Victorian hotel is surrounded by bars, shops and night life. It provides free parking, and the on-site restaurant offers a creative menu. Lord Street’s shops and gardens are just 5 minutes’ walk from the Albert & Victoria Hotel. Southport’s Pleasureland is a 10-minute walk, whilst the hotel is within a 5-minute drive of 4 golf clubs. Boasting free Wi-Fi, satellite TV and a DVD player, each individually styled room also has a private bathroom with a hairdryer and free toiletries. Some rooms also include basic kitchen facilities for self-catering. Set in a modern conservatory, the Dining Rooms restaurant serves British dishes, a full English breakfast and a wide selection of drinks. Southport Rail Station is less than a 10-minute walk away and provides 45-minute rail connections to Liverpool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Book Direct Rooms, Travel Republic (UK), Cancelon, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Alexandra & Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexandra And Victoria
- Alexandra Victoria Hotel Southport
- Alexandra Victoria Southport