From pulling into the car park to driving away we had no complaints whatsoever. On arrival we checked in at reception and were made very welcome. I explained that I'd 'abandoned' my car in the car park but couldn't get into a free space. I suggested that I was happy to leave my keys if someone else could then move the car when a space became available.... And they did :)
We went up to our room and it was perfect. The beds were comfortable, clean and fresh and the ensuite was small but spotless. A shower, a toilet and a wash basin did fit in there as well as me so what more do you need ? Initially we were confused to see TWO wardrobes until we opened one to find a complete kitchen inside ! Marvellous idea !
The room was smart and clean and we had a small table and 2 chairs by the window which was a perfect place to sit drinking our morning coffee looking out over the promenade.
Breakfast was freshly cooked to order and like everything else faultless. I particularly liked how the dining room felt more like a small cafe/bistro rather than the old style b&b type where you feel like someone crammed half a dozen tables into the front room!
I would happily stay here again and would even recommend it to my mum ... And she's very particular !! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located steps from Southport’s promenade and just 0.5 miles from the beach, this Victorian hotel is surrounded by bars, shops and night life. It provides free parking, and the on-site restaurant offers a creative menu. Lord Street’s shops and gardens are just 5 minutes’ walk from the Albert & Victoria Hotel. Southport’s Pleasureland is a 10-minute walk, whilst the hotel is within a 5-minute drive of 4 golf clubs. Boasting free Wi-Fi, satellite TV and a DVD player, each individually styled room also has a private bathroom with a hairdryer and free toiletries. Some rooms also include basic kitchen facilities for self-catering. Set in a modern conservatory, the Dining Rooms restaurant serves British dishes, a full English breakfast and a wide selection of drinks. Southport Rail Station is less than a 10-minute walk away and provides 45-minute rail connections to Liverpool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, Book Direct Rooms, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), LateRooms, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Alexandra & Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexandra And Victoria
- Alexandra Victoria Hotel Southport
- Alexandra Victoria Southport