“Luxury Cheese on Toast"”
Review of Lavender House

Lavender House
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Lavender House offers Spa Luxury with the addition of a Boutique Hair Salon. Facilities include: Rasul Mud Temple, Herbal Sauna, Aromatherapy Steam Room & Relaxation Lounge
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Visited Saturday lunchtime for the first time. Dining room was lovely but a little awkward when placed next to only other two diners in there. Felt we had to talk quietly. Ordered coffees along with BLT and Luxury Cheese on Toast. Staff were very pleasant but had to ask for drinks after waiting 20-25 mins. They were quickly brought to the table and we were told they would be free as we had to wait.
When food arrived it was beautifully presented and both served with garnish. Was expecting the cheese on toast to be lovely and rich but was very surprised as to how bland it tasted. My companion tasted it and we both wondered what the other strange taste was. Seemed like it was mashed potato! Asked waitress to find out from the staff and this was confirmed. Didn't finish it as thought it was all very bizarre for something described as LUXURY.

1  Thank southport12345

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had the dual back, neck and shoulder massage. Clare was so accommodating fitting us in at short notice. I've had treatments here before but this was my husband's first spa treatment and he was slightly apprehensive. The staff made him feel welcome and relaxed - putting him at ease. Result!! Think we will be visiting as a couple on a regular basis as we both thoroughly enjoyed our treatment together. I might even be able to talk him into a half-day spa experience. Fabulous place and the staff are so friendly.

2  Thank Sandgrounder64
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I have just got back from a wonderful massage. Great valid for money, over exceeded my expectations, fab treatment and excellent service afterwards.

After my massage I was taken to the sleep room, given a herbal tea, a hot lavender pillow and left to relax. Perfect!

2  Thank 649saraht
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Can't recommend the delicious food and wonderful service enough. Fresh, locally produced, absolutely delicious food. When somewhere's this busy you know it's good. Book early if you want to be guaranteed a table and the presentation and little extras were a lovely touch. Staff were so welcoming and friendly too. We'll be seeing you again soon!

2  Thank northerntraveller74
Reviewed 6 April 2014

My son took me here for lunch last week. Place looks lovely and staff friendly. I can't review the quality of the food because after waiting almost an hour after ordering we walked out without having eaten. Won't bother again. Even though the staff were friendly when we went in no-one came to say why we had to wait so long and it was only a sandwich and starter.

4  Thank Pat D