“Lovely 🙂” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Bold Hotel
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Southport
“Lovely 🙂”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for Valentine's night. We ate in the restaurant for a set Valentine's meal which was really good.. the room was lovely,clean and cosy. Food in the restaurant was amazing, the staff were really friendly. We will definitely be coming again

Stayed February 2017, travelled as a couple
Terence S, Group Managing Director at The Bold Hotel, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review following your recent Valentines break here at The Bold Hotel. I am delighted you had such a wonderful stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. I would encourage you to try and return in the summer as Southport comes alive when the sun is out. You can sit and relax on the terrace here at The Bold.

Jenny told me that your room was a little warm which was very disappointing. I have asked my maintenance engineer to look at our heating schedule, as thankfully we are seeing the first signs of spring and it is getting a little warmer.

Please contact Jenny directly when you wish to return and I'm sure we will upgrade you to one of our beautiful executive bedrooms.

Once again many thanks for your feedback and I hope to see you again soon.

Group Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago

We met up with friends and decided to have lunch there. the bar was very comfortable with plenty of room to eat or just have a drink. It had a very pleasant atmosphere and the decor was lovely, it was very clean and the staff were very pleasant.
My friend and I had a small fish and chips , It was served nicely the fish was delicious as were the peas and tartare sauce-I wasnt keen on the chips. My husband had the Lasagne which he enjoyed and his friend had a burger meal and he said it was good too. so we all enjoyed our meals.
I do call in for a cappuccino or drinking chocolate while shopping as its always hot and usually a very nice drink. nicely served and you dont have to wait ages for it.
I like it here and will be back for lunch.
The toilets were in imaculate condition too.

• Stayed February 2017, travelled with friends
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Terence S, Group Managing Director at The Bold Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Many thanks for taking the time to post your review following your recent lunch experience here at The Bold Hotel. The one thing we try and offer here is lots and lots of choice; however it is also vitally important that what we actually served is of the highest quality. I was delighted that you all enjoyed your lunch, which I hope will encourage you to return again in the very near future.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I hope to see you again soon.

Widnes
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend to go to a soul night. Firstley we had stayed here about 7 times before with the old room setup. We arrived and went our room to find it was a not what we had stayed in before. Small, it definately was although the firnishing and fittings had been upgraded it was claustrophic with a view of the roof and vent from the kitchen.the noise from the vent kept us awake all night. I complained in the morning and the receptionist didnt acknowledge the problem. Wont be going back.

Stayed October 2016, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, although it often puzzles me that people would wait 4 months to post a negative review! Without a name and date it is very difficult for me to investigate your comments and offer an explanation or if necessary any kind of compensation.

I apologise if your complaint wasn't dealt with in the appropriate manner when you checked out, and given more details I could look into this matter in much more detail. Please fell free to directly contact me on Terence@boldhotel.com and I would be more than happy to investigate further.

I'm sorry but there is very little else I can say as I feel the standard of the bedrooms here are up there with the best hotels in Southport. Yes, some of the rooms here are small; however these are sold at a reduced rate.

Southport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago

We are regular visitors to this hotel and can't fault it. All the staff are a credit to the hotel. They are well presented and go out of their way to offer a 6* service! It is easily the best hotel in the North West. The food is outstanding and the overall ambience is delightful. I would recommend this hotel time and time again!

• Stayed January 2017, travelled with family
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! I have said on may occasions that the secret to any successful business is returning customers, and it is always very pleasing to read such reviews from our regular visitors.

We are very conscious that we do not have the magnet of a national brand on the front of our hotel, which means we have to work even harder to ensure this business is a success. The way in which we have approached this is by training the team here to offer an exceptional service, and the feedback we receive highlights that we are getting this right more times than not.

Once again many thanks for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Wigan, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago

Called here for Sunday lunch, plenty choice on the menu and staff very nice. A bit pricey £16 for sirloin steak but hey the surroundings service and food were great. Very clean. Only a small car park but plenty of street parking.

• Stayed February 2017, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback following your recent visit to The Bold for Sunday lunch. I was very pleased that you enjoyed your overall experience and I sincerely hope this visit will encourage you to return again in the future.

Bolton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Stayed at the bold hotel at the end of January for a couple of nights to celebrate me and my partners anniversary. Opted to stay in the deluxe room and was well impressed. Room was spacious and decorated tastefully, very modern and classy feel. Bed was one of the comfiest I have ever stopped in, lovely and soft duvet with plump pillows.
Room had a flat screen tv with all the sky channels. Two well sized mirrors and a hairdryer provided for when you're getting ready which is was convenient.
The bar was absolutely amazing and drinks were reasonably priced. Didn't eat in the restaurant but food looked appealing and presented well so might dine in next time we visit.
Just a couple of snags about our stay, but only minor. Shower in room wasn't powerful or hot enough. Don't know whether this was because of the water pressure... just seemed temperamental. Room was uncomfortably warm at certain points despite using the plug in air con.
Lift access would also be good in the hotel for people who have lots of luggage as carrying up three flights of stairs can be difficult.
Overall really enjoyed our stay and will be back again in the future :) can't recommend enough!
Thanks

Stayed February 2017
Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent anniversary stay here at The Bold Hotel. When refurbishing the hotel last year, we specifically concentrated on purchasing the highest quality linen and bedding that we could find, because after all the most important aspect of any guest stay is a good nights sleep!

We are aware of the problems we are encountering with the water pressure at certain times and I can assure you we are trying our utmost to resolve these issues. I apologise if you felt the room was too warm; we have consciously changed the timers on the boiler system as it has been incredibly cold lately.

Once again many thanks for your valuable feedback and I hope you decide to return again in the summer, as Southport is such a wonderful place to be when the sun is out.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago

We booked a last minute one night break in January 2017 and decided to try The Bold.

Helpful staff, smart rooms, attractive bar area.

Room wasn't the biggest we have stayed in but absolutely fine to use as a base. Comfy bed, a great nights sleep.

Had some food in the bar in the evening which was fine.

We weren't able to charge drinks/food ordered at the bar to the room which was unusual.

Would definitely go again and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed January 2017, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay with us here at The Bold Hotel. I am delighted you had such a wonderful stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again later in the year.