“Good ”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Southport Municipal Golf Club
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Not played for 2years so first game back was good the course has changed a lot with a lot of water now in play to stop the flooding problems and the greens where in great condition. It's just a shame the pro shop Is no longer there.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We played this course today and whilst we did enjoy it we too found the going very slow. Perhaps it could be pointed out to these players that they are spoiling others golfers games by not letting players play through. We thought the greens were in good condition particularly as this course is busy.

The club house called 'The White House' was excellent. The food we had was excellent and very reasonbley priced.

1  Thank ladygolfer13
Reviewed 21 May 2014

A decent enough local "muni". Although the course is not all that tough, our round was made harder by the huge amount of daisies on the fairways??!!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I am an avid golfer and take pleasure in visiting different clubs as often as possible and am pleased to say that my round here puts among the top 5 municipal courses in the north-west. Challenging course, but playable. Well worth a visit.

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I played here most Saturdays last summer and today was my first visit this year. We had a tee time around 9am and found ourselves behind three 4balls, all from the adjacent Park golf club, and all playing in a competition, therefore they were off the white tees. Now they may well all be better players than me, it wouldn't be difficult, but I was playing off the yellow tees which are much more suited to my ability and from what I saw, some of them were struggling with the white tees, which meant it was an incredibly slow round. You need to bear this in mind if playing on a Saturday morning as this must be a regular occurrence. The course itself is OK, but as others have said, the back 9 is very samey and just seems to be long par 4 after long par 4 interspersed with 2 almost identical par 3;s which even run in the same direction, so very little variation. I think its time to find an alternative for our regular Saturday morning round.

4  Thank keasden