“Not good enough”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We tried this new restaurant out because it had been given good reviews, so i deiced to visit and see what it is like. We arrived to find the restaurant virtually empty, this was at 12.30 on a Thursday lunch time. We seated on uncomfortable chairs which seemed to be all around the restaurant. I ordered the Mini burgers with fries and my partner the same. On the table next to us a couple looked very unhappy they then turned to us and said my food was off, i wouldn't recommend eating here, and then they stormed off. Not a good start! Half an hour had past, we wounded were the food was as the restaurant wasn't very busy at all. The food came after 45 minutes, that's just not good enough for a empty restaurant. The meal itself was OK but not great. I Would not recommend it, the service was poor and the food wasn't good.

3  Thank Wise-dog101

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Went into this restaurant on Friday night quite busy asked for a table for two we were seated near the bar and left, no body asked us if we wanted a drink no menus brought over sat for twenty minutes and then left without tasting the food that was recommended to us won't be going back here in. Hurry unless I have all day to be served

1  Thank Elainer28
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Fantastic atmosphere and quirky feel to the pub/restaurant.
Family run business with friendly attentive staff.
Food is amazingly tasty and well presented.

Pear drop ice cream is to die for......

2  Thank lisacJ6438LJ
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Went here for lunch, we sat ourselves though it looks as though it is set up for the one of the staff to seat you. Nobody came to take our order so we had to go and get one of the staff this was despite it not being very busy and the staff just milled around by the bar area. After sitting at the table for a while we noticed we were sticking to it because of all the grime on there, we wiped the table down ourselves using baby wipes we had with us for our son. I ordered the burger which was dry and bland. For the prices charged I was expecting a better standard all round really. A lot has been spent on decorating the place with quirky pictures etc, it might have been better spent on training the staff and hiring a decent chef. Not very often I am so negative about somewhere but I definitely felt ripped off and won't be going back.

1  Thank AtticusFinch14
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stopped here for a late lunch, we had three mixed dishes from the Grazing menu and pots of tea, have to say it was all very nice including the staff , the only downside is the chips. I did ask for a side order of chips:-( and they are lovely, cooked the way chips should be cooked:-) BUT! And the is a but a big BUT! For £2.75 I expect a grown up portion. Even a small child would need more. So will be back at some point but not if I feel the need for chips:-))