4,661 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Went on a hen do to the 90s 48hour party weekend adults only, we stopped in the club apartments they where clean and had everything you needed for a base, they have just had a refurb , we also got free newspapers, free bottle of wine and a free breakfast with our package, everything happens at the Queen Vic pub, the staff where great friendly and there was loads of them on duty so you never waited long to get served , the vodka was Smirnoff and the prices were great, no rip off that you can get in some places!!! All the staff where great and up for a fun time, the acts they had were brilliant !!! If I was to nip pick it would be over the lack of plug sockets in the apartment and the on site fish & chip shop.......the queue to get served can take over an hour towards the end of the night, will defo return!!!

3  Thank beverleyd483
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed here this week and I was appalled by the state of the place!!!

Go to haven holidays instead!!! Or even better it would be cheaper to go all inclusive abroad for these prices!
Ants everywhere and when I reported it I was handed a can of ant killer and told to do it myself, not a lot for the kids to do, swimming pool out of order, half the activities weren't available and then the beach is horrific!

If you enjoy southport itself like I did, I'd advise you go in a bed and breakfast...

The only good thing about this over priced hovel is the entertainment staff! I'd give them 5 out of 5! Management completely incompetent. The whole place was over priced and just a complete let down to my previous visits to different pontins however I don't believe I could even return to these other sites after my horrific 5 day visit to this hell hole! Heartbreaking!

4  Thank Stacie19844
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Booked a Groupon deal for me and 3 friends. It was £199 for 3 nights which included a weekend of entertainment (90's themed).
The whole weekend was really well organised with back to back entertainment from Friday at 12pm, until the early hours of Sunday morning. We had a brilliant time, and there were no family's about, which I was concerned about. I don't mind children but if I'm going on an adult themed weekend I don't want to worry about my behaviour around children.
The rooms were basic but clean, just somewhere to crash. The breakfast was value for money and great for a hangover cure, and they serve it until about lunch time.
If you want a cheap weekend of fun with your pals, I would definitely recommend it.
If you don't like slumming it for a couple of nights, stay away.
We will be back next year!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

A group of 10 of us booked Pontins for the 90's weekend & to be honest after seeing the reviews & watchdog we were expecting the worst! We could not have been more wrong!

Admittedly when you pull up it does look a bit like a 70's council estate but the rooms are clean & have all the essentials, kettle, toaster, fridge, bed etc...

The staff could not have done more to make our stay a good one, check in took 2 minutes, everyone is cheerful & up for a laugh! The bar staff were awesome, Nathan on the WKD bar is a living legend!!!

The entertainment was hilarious, most of the 90s 'celeb' bands were happy to have pics & stuff! The drinks were reasonably priced & the chippy is a bloody life saver!!

We had a walk on the beach to sort our hang overs & it was beautiful! Southport was gorgeous, shopping, fun fair, bars! Although the speed boat ride scared the living daylights out of me!

All in all you get what you pay for & it's what you make of it! If you go expecting a 5* hotel then you're in for a disappointment, if you go with an open mind & up for roughing it a little bit then you will have an amazing time!!

We will definitely be re-booking for next year!!

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

After reading all these negative reviews, I felt I had to comment on my experience of pontins . I visited pointins with my sisters for a 90s party weekend and stayed in a club apartment. Yes !! it's not five star accommodation but I found them to be basic and clean ! Which suited our purpose. Booking in was well organised and quick and we were given good information. The weekend was brilliantly organised from start to finish, both themed nights were so much fun. I really think all the brilliant staff from the cleaning team to the entertainment staff deserve a special mention. They all worked so hard to keep everything running smoothly and keep the fun going. Loved, loved, loved shania pain what a star and so funny !! All in all we had a great time and will defiantly be back in December.

1  Thank manserj