4,671 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed for a weekend family of 5, lots to do on the park staff very efficient when booking in accommodation was clean. my son had an accident on the skate park and they was so efficient it was unreal I can actually say they gave 110 % in their efficiency ....thank you again to Mark the parks manager and his staff :) look forward to seeing you again soon :) x

Date of stay: May 2014
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I'm really disappointed in Pontins, had a fairly good weekend, other than the swimming pool being closed which was a shame, but overall ok. That was until I checked out on the Sunday got nearly home, and realised that I had left my mobile phone charging in the room! Never mind I thought I will ring when I get home and ask them to post it too me, as I live 2 hours away. Firstly no one answered the phone, so called in the morning spoke to charlotte who said she would get house keeping to get it for me, and call ( on the house phone to let me know) but I would have to send a stamped addressed envelope for them to return it! Now I did think this was being a bit tight of pontins, but as most people I'm sure agree my phone is very important to me, as it has all my numbers in and also pictures of my little girl. By 3.30 no phone call, as you can imagine I'm getting quite alarmed by this point, and have the envelopes ready to post. So I tried calling again over and over and no one answered the phone, I left it ringing for 2 hours, every now and again in between ringing it would be engaged, so someone was actually using the phone, or just taking it off the hook! Actually I'm ringing again now whilst typing and guess what no answer again! I've sent my envelopes so I'll keep you posted to see if I ever get through or ever get my phone back

Room tip: Don't go very poor customer service
1  Thank Helen H
Reviewed 30 June 2014

dirty dirty dirty , dust thats years old, floors covered in sand, duvet and pillows with stains.
childrens entertainment using words that sound like swear words not what I want to hear food was below average
never again

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We just returned from a weekend at Pontins Southport. My friend booked it and I was really excited up until I read all the terrible reviews online. I became more and more reluctant to go but as it was already booked there was no way back. We arrived and got our keys very quickly, the apartment was nice and clean (the floor was a bit sticky, but was not too bad).

Unfortunately the swimming pool was closed but it said that all the activities were free for the weekend (so no extra charges for fun bikes etc. The weather could have been better for the first 2 days but there was still quite a few things to do for the kids (the indoor play area was my daughters favourite).

On Sunday the weather was absolutely beautiful and the kids spent the day outside on the bouncy castles, fun bikes, trampolines and the outdoor play area. The beach is only minutes away so we had lovely walks there too.

The only downside was the drunk, noisy people at night (luckily my daughter didn't wake up from the shouting).

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed here for 5 days and as previous reviewers have put it you really only get what you pay for .We were upgraded free of charge and the apartment the apartment was clean with plenty of room but the only problem is if you get noisy people in your block who stay up half the night partying you can hear everythig that is going on.The bar prices are reasonable but the problem is all drinks are served in plastic cups.I cant comment on the entertainment as i didnt see any but if you want a quiet drink there is a nice pub across the road.There is also a bus stop outside the camp if you want to go into Southport.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple