“pontins get a grip”

Ranked #23 of 28 Hotels in Southport
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“pontins get a grip”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2014

I had read the reviews and was expecting it to be a bit grotty, I WAS NOT prepared for the ques and delay in getting a key for the apartment. The lack of entertainment and information whilst I WAS waiting for my room key. This is an important time to give the guest a taste of what they can join in with during their stay and I WAS told nothing. I demanded a room before 5pm with four young children to feed and a baby to settle I WAS furious at the delay. The chalet was o kthe floors filthy but I took cleaning equipment as I WAS expecting it.
It was the lack of respect by other guests shouting kids and adults after 11 at night that was more annoying.
It is not my kind of holidays others seemed to be having a great time, read the reviews and see if it's for you. We did self catering because of the bad reviews on the catering, take food with you andseeshop off site the Que in the shop at Pontins was always long. As was the chip shop Que.

Room Tip: Don't go all rooms are noisy.
  • Stayed September 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Diane N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (818)
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2014

Took two of our grandchildren half board. We took our own bedding and used the spare quilts as mattress covers as you could feel the springs. But we all slept well apart from noisy neighbours and the paper thin walls. This could be a great place but it needs updating and cleaners being trained better. I was quite shocked to find I had to clean the toilet before we could use it! Just was not good looking at the previous guests pubic hairs. We found the half board option was great and a good choice of food. Breakfast was fab. The kids loved the place. Just such a shame when all it takes would be a good cleaning team and a bit of updating. Would I go back? NO if it was updated a little maybe. If the cleaning was to the standard it should be. Yes for the kids.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Susan G

Travellers are raving about these Southport hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2014

The rooms are dirty and the staff don't have any will to put things right and when I complained about the condition of my room the guy at the guest desk said and I quote" you don't need to tell me how dirty the rooms are I know" I gave them a chance to correct it and they did nothing! My table had a burn mark and the room was mingling I had to clean it myself with disinfectant, if it wasn't for my son I would have cut my losses and gone home, for such a Hugh company you would think that more effort would go into customer satisfaction, never again will I go with pontins again and I will worn everyone not to go there

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Andyf1981
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2014

The room was old dirty the patio door have not been cleaned all old finger marks on I had to move the couch and found old sweet papers underneath, The noise of people going past the at 1.2. even 3 o'clock in the morning Just needs updating or knocked down waste of my time and money

Room Tip: don't stay there
  • Stayed September 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank alan m
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2014

I booked a long weekend here with my family then read tripadvisor but still went with an open mind.
We arrived a bit later than check in to avoid queues the hall was filthy covered in glasses, bottles, plates etc. We were given our key and sent to what we thought was our room, someone else was in fact staying there!!!
The manager I called wasn't helpful at all!!
We were then sent to a room that was by anyone's standards pure filth and disgusting after being in the room for an hour and trying to clean a cleaner knocked and asked us if we would like our room cleaning as it hadn't been done since the last occupants left!!! she spent less than 3 minutes apparently "cleaning" the room!!
The pool was a health and safety hazard we tried but after seeing used sanitary towels in the changing rooms and the smell of the place we decided enough was enough and decided to go home .....but not before my partner decided to use the loo in the arcade to find an adult had decided to empty their bowels on the corridor ....WE RAN FROM THE PLACE LOST OUR MONEY AND SHOWERED........NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!!!!!!!
This place should of been shut down a long time ago and I have no idea how it is still open!!

Room Tip: Don't go here ever
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
11 Thank Laughablelaura
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2014 via mobile

It was a shock when we arrived at the reception, It was absolute bedlam, kids running around like screaming wild and unattended to. Had to que, in the main hall to book in, along side the que for the bingo. On the way to the chalet, all the blocks of chalets looked the same, what I can only describe it as a housing estate, full of the roughest of people from Liverpool and a Manchester. There was a square green in the middle of a block of four blocks of chalets, with big holes in it. People let their children play out screaming and shouting till gone 11pm, then they were up again at 7.30am, screaming and shouting. I know it was only a £9.50, holiday in the Sun, which I have been going on for years and have stayed in far more superior holiday park than this. Pontin's needs to be closed down. It reminded me of the old program, Hidey High, with Sue Pillard.

Stayed September 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Rachel Jayne S
Oldham, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

the room me and my friends stayed in was very filthy and the pool was disgusting mould and dirty nappies and used sanitary towels on the floor the queuing for the food was terrible and the staff was friendly thats about it never staying there again and too expensive !!

Room Tip: ask if the rooms are clean before you enter challey
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends