4,606 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 November 2017

After going on numerous weekends to Butlins we decided to try a 48 hour ultimate party with Pontins at Southport. I cannot fault the weekend at all.The entertainment was brilliant and the atmosphere was friendly with everyone enjoying themselves.The site is dated but adequate for what you are there for.The prices are reasonable and the staff were there if you needed anything answering.
We travelled from Birmingham and have already booked the 80s weekend in March 2018 and the Busted one too.....so watch out ladies!!!
Jase and Gaz.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
GuestSolutions, Guest Relations Manager at Pontins Southport Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to learn that you enjoyed our 48 hour weekender and have decided to re-book again in the future. I look forward to welcoming you back to Pontins for our upcoming weekenders. For the best available deals please call our sales centre on 0871 474 0009.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

After reading some of the previous reviews i was pleasantly surprised ok windows could do with a clean but the chalet was clean enough but omg the heating please pontins update your heaters to something better it was like an igloo in the 2 rooms we booked. The entertainment was fantastic and the staff were very polite and helpful as we had 2 disabled in party will definetly be back for next years 48hr

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for leaving such a positive and detailed review, which I'm sure other guests will find very useful. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at our Southport park, and hopefully you will return again for our other 48 Hour Parties in the future. If you do decide to re-book, please call our call centre on 0871 474 0009 for our best available prices on your next holiday.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Myself and my partner, along with 7 friends visited for the 48 hour party this weekend, the party itself wasn't bad and the staff all seemed ok. The rooms on the other hand were absolutely dire. The mattress had blood stains on it (hence we slept on the sofa bed) the bathroom was rusty and the showers were a nightmare! The overall cleanliness of the rooms was awful. Also... it notes in the 'chalet rules' that we are to wash our pots and leave it in a clean manner - Fair enough but how are we supposed to do this without any form of cloth or washing up liquid? Surely we cant be expected to buy these? The pillows and quilts were an absolute disgrace - lumpy, filthy and generally unpleasant. The overall opinion of this place is really unfavourable and i will not be so much as considering returning until some serious renovation work has been undertaken.

2  Thank Deedeecookie

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. If I could ask you please to make contact our Guest Solutions Team at guestsolutions@pontins.com for them to look into and take appropriate action. Our team will then be able to contact you directly with a response. I would however like to apologise on behalf of Pontins for the issues you mention. I hope your recent stay does not deter you from booking with Pontins again.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed here with7 friends room 334 336 for the 48 hour party had a fab time even though I was very worried after seeing reviews. Yes this place is not posh ha ha but for a place get your head down for few hours it’s fine. The mattresses, kitchen was clean so was the bathroom and they are suitable for self catering. Yes the windows are filthy but it’s only the guests that do it. My only bad thing I would say it room 336 is freezing even with heater on constantly as this room has a old heater and dodgy smoke alarm that went off several times but once fixed was fine. Drinks in bars reasonable and the acts well worth watching Defo be coming back again for this kind of weekend but I wouldn’t book it as a holiday see u all soon. Staff and entertainment team we fab

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
GuestSolutions, Guest Relations Manager at Pontins Southport Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2017

Thank you for leaving such a positive review, which I'm sure other guests will find very useful. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the 48 Hour Party at our Southport Park, and hopefully you will return again for our next weekender in the future. If you do decide to re-book, please call our call centre on 0871 474 0009 for our best available prices on your next break.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

I have just got back from pontins Southport party weekender
Cannot fault the entertainment at all, I enjoyed that but the chalet/apartments really need some work!

We hired the bedlinen as forgot to take and it seriously wasn't fit for anything.
The flat sheet was a wafer thin piece of silky material which as we were sleeping on the pull out he'd, could not fold under anything so it kept slipping off, I wouldn't of let my cat sleep in the twin beds, mattresses probably haven't been changed since 1979, which is probably the last time the floor was mopped.

Also the heater was useless, only heated up the 3 inches of space above it and gaps under door and a window that was jammed slightly open.

The shower is like a swimming pool shower where you have to keep pressing the button and water freezing cold, I washed my hair over the sink in the kitchen.

We paid for self catering but fancied tea one night so paid 8.95 each for a buffet style 3 course meal, I have never tasted anything as nasty in my life, the only saving grace was the pizza, it was a Chicago town takeaway one with tomato sauce stuffed crust with a little bit of parsley or something on top of it!

I've give three stars for the entertainment but the accommodation is a joke, I would go again but I'd pay for a club apartment and bring a dressing gown and my own bedding and maybe some cleaning supplies

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Please allow me to apologise on behalf of our Southport park for the concerns you had with your apartment facilities. I will ensure that these concerns are passed to the park manager at Southport so he can address these. I am glad that you enjoyed our entertainment and I look forward to welcoming you back for another 48 Hour Party in the future. If you do decide to re-book, please call our call centre on 0871 474 0009 for our best available holiday prices.