“A wonderful hotel for an amazing wedding”
Review of Vincent

Vincent
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Southport
Southport, United Kingdom
“A wonderful hotel for an amazing wedding”
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Myself, sister extended family and friends have just spent the weekend at the Vincent for my sisters wedding.

From the moment we checked in until the moment we left the whole weekend was amazing.

The rooms are plush and gorgeous, the food was delicious and the wedding itself was magical.

As the sister of the bride and bridesmaid I've got to thank all the staff for their help, but most of all Anthony. I cannot imagine the day would have run so smoothly without him and every little detail we told him was managed and executed perfectly.

He removed any panic or stress from the day entirely and ensured we all had the most wonderful day. The whole family can't thank him enough.

I would recommend anyone thinking of holding their wedding here to just do it. It's certainly top of the list for my own.

Thanks again for a wonderful weekend.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Kate W
TheVincentHotel, Manager at Vincent, responded to this review, 31 August 2011
Many thanks for taking the time to post a great review following your recent stay at the Vincent for your sisters wedding.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that your sister had a fantastic wedding. I will ensure your feedback is passed on to the rest of the team. I look forward to welcoming you back once again to the Vincent in the future.

Hotel Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Polish first
Lancashire
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Booked on impulse for bank hol, as a pick me up for an seriously ailing eldery mother (heart failure, renal failure, et al) having spotted special saver rate, so picture my disappointment when ops manager called next day to say the hotel was full. Not ttheir fault but online booking agent's, and not his site, for the record. There was a plan b and c. Plan b involved ringing a block booking to see if all their allocation was needed, plan c was the offer of the penthouse at a later date - the only problem being it meant a sunday night stay and i work mondays and really couldn't take them up on the offer. So, on tenterhooks, which kind of spoiled the spirit of spontaneity, until call came to say a cancellation had been received and the trip was on. And what an hotel! Fabulous location, helpful porters, nice reception staff, and a lovely contemporary vibe in this most classic of resorts. Couldn't fault the room - lower access shower would have been helpful for disabled mother but then again, I hadn't mentioned her disability, just glad to get a room.And disabled rooms tend to be on lower floors and this, at level four, had a great view of the southport skyline, almost antwerpen with its guild house style facades, big wheel in the distance, countless spires. The special saver rate included a two course dinner which turned out to be three courses, my asian sushi special which was excellent, and surprisingly substantial, ma tucking into risotto with squid - the waiting staff taking pains to explain the courses ( perhaps an assumption made here with my old mother , who's pretty well travelled that she wouldn't twig what each was...). One slight concern, I could have sworn my champagne (medicinal puposes only!) , veuve clicquot, NV brut, was £55 but got charged £69 and it seemed churlish to challenge as we had such a wonderful evening but it's one of those niggles and I really should have asked. I had the best night's sleep in ages , and the glazing,and great sliding window doors, muffles even the most bevvied up bank hol reveller. Lots of great extras here as standard, goose down pillows, easily the best, and so on. I've been on press trips to the Hotel du Vin chain and this knocks spots off them . Furthmore, it's really helping boost regeneration in the resort, tweaking up standards so that die hard traditional hotels, prince of wales and so on, looked jaded and faded in comparsion as indeed they are in reality. Like the way the ops manager did his utomost to make us feel welcome - even when double booked - maybe need a little more warmth on reception. One girl a tad chilly. But far and away one of the nicer hotels I've experienced in a long time. And returned from one night away feeling as if I'd been there for three - which kind of speaks volumes, doesn't it? One tip, use the valet parking , otherwise you'll be on pins every time a traffic warden passes by. If you haven't got an elderly disabled mum with you - you're in the thick of things and able to appreciate all that Southport has to offer.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Cardiff
Reviewed 29 August 2011

A very comfortable stay at the Vincent Hotel, gorgeous décor, excellent service, delicious food and enormous very comfortable bed! The only down side was the expensive valet parking, that said, the service was extremely efficient!

1 Thank Karen R
TheVincentHotel, Manager at Vincent, responded to this review, 31 August 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post a fantastic review regarding your stay at the Vincent.
Your comments will of course be passed on to the rest of the team here at the Vincent and I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you gain to the Vincent in the future.

Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2011

We were staying at the hotel as we were going to a wedding nearby. The customer service we received was excellent; we were able to check in early which was an added bonus. The interior of the hotel was modern and well maintained. The rooms are of a good size with a good selection of items in the mini bar. The beds were massive and so comfortable, there was a coffee machine in the bedroom which was a nice touch, the breakfast was very nice as well. After returning from the wedding we visited the hotel bar, which was fantastic, very lively. We wished we could have spent longer in the hotel to take advantage of the lovely surroundings; we would definitely stay again.

1 Thank Reeny161081
TheVincentHotel, Manager at Vincent, responded to this review, 29 August 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post a fantastic review following your resent stay at the Vincent.
It is certainly pleasing to read that we are maintaining the high standards of which we are extremely proud, and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon!

Hartlepool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Stayed at this hotel on many occasions since it opened. From the first moment we walked in we were impressed, stylish, modern and very welcoming, we knew we would hate leaving!! The rooms are what makes this hotel so special, huge comfy beds, and a beautiful bathroom with a bath and shower to die for! The bar is small but full of atmosphere, and the cocktails are delicious. All the staff are so friendly and helpful, they make you feel they are happy to have you there. All in all a fantastic hotel, our favourite and will be coming back for years to come.

Room Tip: Go for the corner suites as they are more spacious and have great views
2 Thank John O
TheVincentHotel, Manager at Vincent, responded to this review, 23 August 2011
Thanks for the great review following your recent stay at the Vincent.
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Vincent soon.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Just love this hotel.... my friend and I stayed one night before going to the Southport
Flower Show, we stayed last year too. The staff on the front desk, and in the foyer are so helpful and friendly. The room is lovely, the beds soooooo comfortable, and this time
we had a kettle to make our drinks, alot easier than trying to fathom out how the state of the art coffee machine worked. Someone has been listening to what the customer reviews say and taking action, well done. The breakfast was delicious too. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Southport.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank fishing241247
TheVincentHotel, Manager at Vincent, responded to this review, 22 August 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post a great review following your recent stay at the Vincent.
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and your weekend in the area whilst attending the Southport Flower Show. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Hotel Operations Manger
Reviewed 18 August 2011

I have stayed at The Vincent Hotel twice in the last year. The rooms are spacious, really nicely furnished. The bathrooms are generous and well stocked. The staff are local, efficient and friendly. I had the feeling that the staff really wanted me to enjoy my stay. And I did.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank CornishPatsy
TheVincentHotel, Manager at Vincent, responded to this review, 19 August 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post a fantastic review following your recent stay at the Vincent.
It is certainly pleasing to read that we are maintaining the high standards of which we are extremely proud. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back once again to the Vincent.