“Very pleasant stay”
Review of Vincent

Vincent
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Southport
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We attended a wedding and were impressed by the sleek organisation and attentive staff.
Rooms were very well equipped although a little on the dark side and difficult to get the temperature just right.
The staff could not do enough for us.
Great location, would recommend.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
TheVincentHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Vincent, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Thank you very much for you wonderful review of the VINCENT and our brilliant team!
I shall pass on your lovely comments to our functions staff who helped the wedding which you attended run smoothly, and made you feel well looked after throughout the day.
I am sorry that you had a couple of niggles with your room. On your next visit I would suggest speaking to reception for a light up vanity mirror which can help with putting on any makeup, and also the porter will be more than happy to help you set your thermostat to a comfortable level.
I hope that we will be welcoming you back soon with open arms!

There are newer reviews for Vincent

Reviewed 2 June 2013

Stayed in this hotel while on a golf trip around the local links courses. The hotel was surprisingly well appointed. The rooms are reasonably spacious with all the modern amenities (coffee maker, flat screen tv, towel rack, good Internet signal etc). The bathroom was also modern and stylish, although the shower in the half bath was a little slippery. Service was excellent and the staff incredibly friendly and helpful. Restaurant was very good and the service there was also excellent - they even stayed open later in the evenings to accommodate our golf schedule. The bar is something of a local scene and pricey but again, service is good. One downside of the hotel is that it can be incredibly noisy outside throughout the night as the hotel seems to serve as a collection point for the local youth (and the odd drunk middle aged golfer!). The windows are not soundproofed, so the noise does carry and if you are a light sleeper this is problematic. A room around the back would probably deal with this issue. But overall, I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the hotel and the service of the staff.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back to avoid noise issues in the night.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for you brilliant review of the VINCENT Hotel.
I hope that you and your group had some luck on the golf course whilst you were staying in Southport!
I shall pass on your lovely comments to the team here at the VINCENT!
Unfortunately being in a great location on the centre of Lord Street means that there are a lot of people around at night head to the local bars, and therefore noise which is out of our control.
However if we are fortunate enough to welcome your group back to the VINCENT I would suggest requesting a high up room so that you are less likely to be disturbed.
I shall look forward to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 30 May 2013

We held a family event here recently for our Mum's significant birthday. The Events team were brilliant in helping us to organise things even though we were a relatively small group. The Board Room provided a quiet and private space for us to dine and although we had to order our food up front we had the full a la carte menu available to choose from. Our food was very enjoyable and the service from our dedicated waiting staff excellent throughout the evening. Afterwards we went down to the bar where it had been previously arranged for us to get in despite the late hour. An excellent evening and the overnight stay in the hotel very comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Thank you very much for posting such a wonderful review of the VINCENT Hotel on Trip Advisor.
I am very happy that we were able to create a lovely birthday for your Mum, and made you and your group feel well looked after and special during your stay!
I shall pass on your lovely comments to our functions staff and the kitchen.
I hope that we are fortunate enough to welcome you back soon for some more delicious food!

Reviewed 30 May 2013 via mobile

Room was amazing and breakfast was brilliant!

The stay was great but there were a couple of things that could have been better.

We had food in the room on Saturday and whilst the remnants were taken away by the cleaning staff the next day the floor was covered in crumbs and clearly hadn't been vacuumed.

Also, the valet parking... I was left waiting for 35 minutes for my car on our departure which is not good. I was told repeatedly that someone had gone for the car then left to wait again and again leaving me somewhat concerned about the whereabouts of my car, and late...

Minor points to a lovely stay so please don't be put off staying!!

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the VINCENT.
I am very happy you had a lovely stay with us and enjoyed your room and breakfast.
I am extremely sorry about the crumbs in your room and also the wait for the valet parking, and shall address this with our team.
I hope however that we shall welcome you back soon and this niggles will not reoccur.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Stayed for a wedding which was excellent, food, service and room all really well done, food in the restaurant is good quality and service very good also. Rooms are tired and in need of some investment, carpets have stains and soundproofing needs to be installed as unfortunately I had two sleepless nights the night prior to the wedding as there was another wedding on and the night of the wedding too, I was above the function room as I was attending a wedding, shame really it ruined the day for me.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review the VINCENT Hotel on Trip Advisor.
I am delighted that you had such a lovely time at the wedding which you attended at the VINCENT, but very sorry that you were disturbed in the evenings. I can only suggest that if we have the pleasure of welcoming you back that you request a higher room, which we would be happy to accommodate.
I also would like to let you know that all of the carpets in the hotel have been replaced which we are extremely excited about!
I hope that we will see you again soon in the VINCENT and V-Café.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Had another fabulous stay over at the Vincent! Abba night this time! The room was lovely,the food delicious and the staff friendly and attentive! (especially Sarah and David at reception! )
Abba tribute were great and the atmosphere wonderful!
The Vincent is my number one destination for theme nights! Loved it!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us at the VINCENT Hotel!
We are delighted that you enjoyed our ABBA Tribute Night, and I shall pass on your lovely comments to our brilliant reception team!
We will look forward to welcoming you back to our next tribute night!

Reviewed 27 May 2013

I signed up to TripAdvisor specially to write a review about this hotel.

Me and my husband recently attended a wedding at The Vincent Hotel and the whole experience was amazing, we absolutely loved it. Food was great, the atmosphere, how nicely decorated and the layout of the room was all just perfect.

The staff as well, all of them were so nice and all dressed so smart, but I would like to make a special mention to Stefan, one of the bar staff on the night. He was so nice and nothing was too big a problem for him, anything we asked he would be more than happy to help with, even when the bar was full of guests waiting for a drink and it was none stop for the bar staff he would always have a smile on his face and was still having a laugh and joke with the customers, whilst also giving such a high level of service, he made us feel very welcome and to him the customers were his number one priority.
Me and my husband both said that he seemed a very smart young lad and we hope the Vincent has long term plans for him as his has potential to do very well in life.

Unfortunately, we cannot say the same for the restaurant. We decided that after having such a great evening upstairs at the wedding that we would try out the restaurant.
It took us a while to get seated and then even longer for our drinks order to be taken, the service was just awful. And as for the restaurant manager, I have never met such a moody manager in all my life, she works in one of the best restaurants in Southport that has won many awards, but she just looked so moody all the time and even when we spoke to her she just didn't give us the time of day, and by the looks of other comments I have read we are not the first people to mention how poor the restaurant and manager were. This was definitely not what we expected after having such a nice evening at the wedding.

Hopefully if we ever visit the restaurant again we have someone like Stefan greeting us as he has the right attitude and customer service skills that we would expect from such a well known establishment, but for now we definitely wont be visiting the restaurant again in a hurry.

We just couldn't believe how different the function staff were to the restaurant staff, we will definitely me recommending The Vincent Hotel to our friends who are getting married or looking for somewhere to have a party etc, but wont be recommending the restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
TheVincentHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Vincent, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the VINCENT hotel on Trip Advisor.
We are very happy that you were so happy with the level of service from the functions staff, and I shall pass on your great comments to them.
I hope that on your next visit to the VINCENT that you are happier with the rest of your experience at -V-