“Lunch”

Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Southport
Skelmersdale, United Kingdom
“Lunch”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Really enjoyed lunch here. Staff were very friendly and the food was gorgeous. Definitely go again. Went with my elderly parents and the staff were very considerate. My parents had been before but this was the first time for me.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Polish first
Liverpool
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Visited the Vincent for dinner on a number of occasions but haven't written a review as it's on our doorstep - thought it was about time I did as it is always excellent. The whole place from the bar to the lobby to the dining area is lovely, a lively 'buzzing' atmosphere, especially on a Saturday night. Service is excellent and friendly without being too 'in your face'. I wish I could give you a run down of everything on the menu but I'm afraid I've had the same thing every time I've been - I just can't get past their delicious steak and the fishcake starter! The taster plate of desserts is fabulous and has my husband and I fighting over each little piece! Well worth a visit and I understand they do some great deals on overnight stays according to our waiter.

Guest H, Front Office Manager at Vincent, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for your review of our restaurant the 'V Cafe & Sushi Bar' We have of course passed on your wonderful comments to the team, who are delighted with your feedback. Like my collegue said we have fantastic overnight offers and always offer our best available rates should you want to make the most of it next time! See you soon.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed at the Vincent over the easter holiday.
Great Stay
Great Staff
Great Food
Great Bar
The service was first class from start to finish, the staff were very friendly
The room was great , had a great sleep in the nice big bed !!
We will be going back soon !!

Room Tip: The main road was wild…….drunk people all over Town !! :)
Guest H, Front Office Manager at Vincent, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for your review. Its always lovely to hear how great we are. Glad you enjoyed it so much. See you soon.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Friendly welcome, great room, quirky and modern. Excellent breakfast in lovely dining area. Beautiful bar area. Valet parking really convenient. Helpful staff that sent my lost property back with no problem. Great location right in the centre.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Guest H, Front Office Manager at Vincent, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to leave such positive comments. Hope to see you again soon.
Southampton
Reviewed 26 April 2014

My partner surprised me with a night away at this hotel for my birthday, the hotel gave us a complementary upgrade. The room was fantastic, the bed was a amazing and huge, we also had afternoon tea at the v cafe which was lovely, the staff were very accommodating and friendly. We didn't eat in the evening but did go the the bar for cocktails, the bar is very modern and classy. We very much enjoyed our stay and would definitely come again, thank you for making my birthday extra special, also recommend breakfast in bed!!!

• Stayed April 2014
Guest H, Front Office Manager at Vincent, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your birthday suprise at the VINCENT. Our rooms are indeed fantastic and we have won awards for our lovely & comfortable beds. Hope to see you soon for the next occasion.
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We took my mother in law for her birthday lunch. There was a good food selection and all the dishes ordered were tasty and well presented. The service was good and friendly. The only problem was the cleanliness of the eating area. There were chips at the base of my table which I had to ask to be cleared up, and the tables were not wiped and prepared correctly before we were shown to the table. It was a Sunday lunch and not very busy, so this did somewhat spoil the experience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
England
Reviewed 24 April 2014

A tricky review to write really as our stay was marred considerably by a wedding on the night of our stay. On checking in and hoping to rest after travelling we were 'serenaded' by an opera singer for an hour so from what we later learned to be a wedding ceremony beneath, we gave up and went out to eat which meant we then hoped to stay in and relax in the evening- no, our room was immediately above the function room. It was loud to say the least but there was a balcony to the function suite which was used frequently by guests increasing the noise considerably... In fairness to the hotel, when I called to complain, they moved us extremely swiftly to a higher room but the noise from the balcony was still considerable. We visited for one nights break before the birth of our grandchild and following a bout of illness and it was really a waste of time and money due to this. To be fair to the establishment however, the hotel was stylish, immaculate, the team were friendly and efficient, the rooms were spacious although don't expect to stretch out and float away your cares in the 'Japanese soaking tubs'- look stylish but you have to fold yourself up to fit in it! Breakfast again was perhaps a bit marred by the restaurant being busy- service wasn't particularly efficient and a table for 2 is tiny so would have been helpful to have had it cleared as we ate. Breakfast supplies weren't replenished particularly quickly and as such we didn't get to enjoy a full breakfast before we left... Yes I would like to go back but probably mid week or off wedding season... We did make our disappointment apparent but didn't labour as a number of other guests were on checkout as we had booked on a comparison site and to a degree one takes ones chance, it would however have been reasonable to have been advised on check in...

Room Tip: Check if there is a function on the night that you stay- if so, request a high room, not at the fron...