“Weekend stay”
Review of Vincent

Vincent
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Southport
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Excellent hotel,with fabulous food. This was a treat for our anniversary. Look for for the dinner bed & breakfast offer. Excellent value we got a free movie of our choice too. The spa is also worth a visit fabulous massage. We're going back again next year.
Hotel very helpful with our booking and quick response to,emails.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at front of hotel the higher up you are the better view you have of southport.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Guest H, Front Office Manager at Vincent, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for your review. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your anniversary break with us. We have some great offers, especially the Dinner, Bed & Breakfast offers we run Sunday to Thursday, its great value for money and a fab treat! See you soon.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

stayed for a night for a friend's birthday party. Reception is bright but hallway upstairs is dark and so is the room.The hotel has got it's own style, paintings on the sliding door in the bedroom and paintings of an old man on the hallways, which is really not my taste.The location is right at the city centre, staffs were nice and the breakfast is delicious.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back is noisy even at 1AM with the pub next to it emptying bottles to the bin at this t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed at the Vincent with my partner in April, this was my third stay at the hotel and I am happy to report that the high quality of customer service and cleanliness continue, I look forward to returning again later in the year.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear your thoughts on our continuing high levels of customer service and cleanliness. We hope to see you soon for your 4th visit.

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here again while visiting friends in southport, beds are very comfy and location is fantastic, breakfast was good and we very much enjoyed dinner and drinks in the bar, wouldn't stay any where else in southport thanks

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for your review. We are glad you chose us for your 2nd visit and very pleased we did not dissapoint. See you for your 3rd!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed at the Vincent for my husbands 60th birthday. When I booked on line I also called the hotel to ask them to email me a menu, I called them 4 times before I actually got one. I ordered champagne to be in the room when we arrived and this was forgot, I had to call reception. The door casing to the bath room was full of make up. This stay lacked everything I liked about this hotel the first time we stayed. We had a meal in the V Cafe which was ok, sauces were bland and vegetarian options poor. More like a cattle market rather than a relaxing evening. We had drinks in the bar after and the waitress thought she would help her self to a taste of our Pimms through the bottom of a straw and then stuck it back in the jug!!! We decided to watch a film and the volume would not turn up on the TV loud enough for us to hear it so we switched it off and we were kept awake most of the early hours by groups of men outside shouting and balling. This was not a good stay for us this time and I probably won't return....

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for contacting us and for placing your review on trip advisor following your recent stay with us. I would also like to thank you for your patience allowing us to investigate your concerns with the relevant departments concerned.
Having discussed your feedback with the hotel team they join me in my disappointment that your recent visit not reaching your expectations.
I have noted you had difficulty in receiving a menu from us in advance of your arrival. This is most unusual for which I apologise. I understand once raising your frustration with Jo in our sales office, this was sent to you immediately whilst you remained on the telephone.
We deliver lots of Champagne to bedrooms and do not have any issues with this. There is always a dilemma of course on what point we put the Champagne in a room prior to arrival. We want our guests to enjoy it in tip top condition fully iced and not melting. We certainly had not forgotten it and it was in fact on the way to your room in our lift when you called down a few minutes after your arrival. I am sorry you were disappointed with this.
The hotel was certainly busy over the bank holiday weekend with people in party spirits. I was disappointed you were unable to sleep but certainly the internal noise from the function room on the 1st floor would not carry to your rooms on the 5th floor and as you provide no further detail about the noise, I am unable to shed any further light on this I am afraid. I am sorry however you were disturbed with screaming outside the hotel at 5AM. Our Guests on the ground floor dispersed when are bars closed between 1.30 and 2am so I am confident the noise disturbance was not created by any of our guests, otherwise this would have been addressed by our night security who have no record of any noisy guests at that time. Clearly whilst I do empathise you were disturbed, we cannot control the behaviour of people walking past the hotel albeit I accept it is not an ideal situation.
Not untypically in hotels, the TV’s do have limiters on them to prevent noise disturbance. I have visited your rooms and checked the volume levels and have made an adjustment to the maximum limit to prevent any of our future guest from being similarly disappointed. Thank you for letting us know.
I am sorry you found make up on the bathroom door frame – this is certainly not our normal standard. Clearly by the time we had had a chance to investigate this the room had been serviced, so I didn’t actually see it myself. Had you brought this to our attention during your stay we would have certainly rectified it immediately. Moira our Head Housekeeper joins me in apologising for your disappointment with this aspect of your stay.
It would not be uncommon for our bartenders to taste a cocktail before it is served. Many of our cocktails can be quite complex to make and we obviously want our guests to receive them in excellent condition. We train our team to taste a cocktail by putting a tip of a cocktail straw into the drink to taste prior to serving in order to make adjustments if necessary, which is common practice. Clearly the team should not of course be putting the straw they have tasted from back in the drink. Although I was unable to identify which member of the team did this, clearly I have shared your comments to the team to ensure this does not accidently happen again. We have never had such feedback before but I am sure if this happened this was an unfortunate instinctive reaction of the bartender and had you brought this to our attention clearly would we would have changed the Pimms immediately.
I was surprised you found the sauces bland and vegetarian options poor in the V Cafe. This is certainly not the feedback we receive on a daily basis. I note you described the cafe as a cattle market, which I think is a little unfair. We are consistently busy which is a testament of the quality of our food and service in there.
Whilst I note you feel it is unlikely you would like t return to us in the future, naturally we hope that not to be the case.
Thank you again for taking the time to raise your concerns with us.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

This was my first visit to Southport for almost 30 years and I had forgotten the Victorian splendour of the town, albeit a little faded these days.
The Vincent Hotel is a symbol of modernity however and it carries the banner very well.
I was one of a group of 15 golfers and we arrived at the same time in 8 cars that all needed valet parking. The staff were super efficient (and always smiling) and what could have been a major logistical exercise was completed with little fuss. The same was true for the check-in process.

The rooms are nicely decorated, a good size and clean with an excellent shower - once you have climbed into it.

The shortcomings of the bar have been covered in other reviews but it is what it is and is very appropriate to the styling of the hotel. If you want draught beer, there are other places available.

Dinner on the Thursday was OK, nicely presented (and served with a smile by Andy) if a little bland. The wine was reasonably priced.

Breakfast was fresh every morning and great quality. The service was again excellent and testament to whoever trains the staff.

It is clear that this hotel is the jewel in Southport's crown and deservedly so. There are plenty of staff (mainly local) which may account for the prices but it seems a price worth paying. All of them were friendly and prepared to go that bit further to provide a positive experience.

Checking out was smooth and our cars appeared promptly.

All in all an excellent experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review. The team and I were so pleased to hear such positive comments about your stay with us. Thank you also for informing us in advance of your group arrival in cars, with us been a town centre hotel, as you know the 10 minute bay at the entrance of the hotel can only allow 2 cars at a time and can prove a challenge when there are a few at a time. Nothing however that we cannot handle! It was a pleasure to have you, see you soon.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed here for 6 nights in April with a group for a golf trip. Rooms are nice, breakfast is good and dinner was very good. Hotel is quite stylish/boutique effect. Bar is upmarket (cocktails etc.) - more suited to couples and singles. Staff very nice. No complaints except that the bar closed too early for our groups liking!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Guest H, Front Office Manager at Vincent, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear you and the group enjoyed your trip. We do have some of the best golf courses in the UK! Hope we see you again for your next golfing trip.