“Lovely meal” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Warehouse Restaurant - CLOSED

Warehouse Restaurant
Price range: US$19 - US$75
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Yet again eaten an amazing meal at the warehouse. My boyfriend had the lamb and having a cheeky taste I discovered it was so tender. I had the fish for main and this was done to perfection. We have eaten in the warehouse twice before over the past few years as we travel some distance to eat here and have never been disappointed. The service is very good and having the option to sit upstairs upon our early arrival was an added bonus..we where given little appetisers and they were delicious. Wine selection is always a favourite for my boyfriend and reasonably priced for a restaurant.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Go4goldhappy
Guest H, Matt Worswick Chef Patron at Warehouse Restaurant, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Hi

Thanks for your review, your custom and For supporting your Neighbourhood restaurant!!

Manchester, United Kingdom
“The Tasting Menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I booked the tasting menu for my Mum and me on Saturday lunchtime. 6 delicious courses with a Wine to match each one. We thoroughly enjoyed every course. I would recommend others to try it if you are looking for something a little bit different. It really shows off the skills of the new Chef at The Warehouse!

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Harvey_Williamson

northwich
“Outstanding - top class food, fantastic value, relaxed surroundings. This chef knows his stuff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

My best friend and I made a trip to the Warehouse as a little treat to ourselves on a Friday night and were not disappointed. Highly recommended!

We were very tempted by the 2 courses for £15 deal (which is brilliant) but decided we'd go all out and have 3 courses. The food is absolutely top class and great value - you definitely won't leave hungry. You can tell that the new chef has come from good stock (he secured a Michelin star at his last place) as the menu offers some really interesting and well put-together dishes - like the beef tartare with wasabi starter I ordered (which I have to say is one of the best starters I've ever had). Nothing's overly fancy - it's just really great food, done well, with some interesting flavour combinations too. My friend had the ham hock terrine which must have been tasty as I didn't get a look-in. Starters were priced between £6.95 and £8.95

The main courses are where you get real value for money (average about £18 for a main) - I had the sea bream with salt and pepper squid and samphire and my friend had the duck breast with confit duck leg. Both plates were presented beautifully and we were surprised at how much food there was - there were 2 fillets of fish on my plate, there's no scrimping in terms of food quality or quantity. Buttered jersey royals and duck fat chips (super crispy) made for wonderful side dishes and were demolished in minutes.

The desert was by far the highlight of the meal for me - chocolate delice with burnt milk icecream and strawberry parfait with elderflower sorbet - both were virtually inhaled. The delice had a beautiful silku texture and is one of the best deserts I've had. Having eaten at a few 2 Michelin star places and being a bit underwhelmed by desert in comparison to the rest of their food, this is real praise. These deserts far exceeded those and all for £7.95.

The whole place has a very friendly and personable vibe which I really liked (got the impression quite a few of the other diners were regulars) and the staff were lovely, attentive and obviously happy in their work. The restaurant interior is also worthy of note - relaxed yet opulent, softly lit and the perfect size so you get the ambience but without feeling like you're sat on top of each other. It's a bit of a hidden gem this place, tucked away off a side street, but my god it's a great find. I'll definitely be going back, there's plenty of other things on that menu with my name on!

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank thestrother36

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Arrived hungry and left hungry!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

I'd visited the Warehouse three times before over the past 18 months and thoroughly enjoyed those occasions however on my last visit I was not only disappointed with the limited choice on the menu compared to the previous I was also very disappointed at how small the size of the mains were and in particular how little meat came on the plates . I have been reading the reviews today and also confused with the differing opinions on recent reviews but can honestly say I left the Warehouse a little miffed as having spent over £110 on a meal for two I found myself having to call into Weather spoons " I kid you not" for a plate of chips to kerb my appetite before making the journey back to Manchester.

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Joe99manchester
At The Warehouse on our menu we have a choice of, 7 starters, 7 mains, 5 desserts ala carte or 5 starters, 5 mains on our TDH menu and a choice of 4 side orders.

If this is a limited choice the We are clearly not the place for you.

Our protein on the main course dishes are as follows, 8oz fillet of beet with beef shin, 1 whole duck breast with confit leg, 9oz rib eye of beef, 1 chicken breast with braised leg and a chateau briand at 18 oz!!! If this is not enough meat your you then im afraid serving half a cow on a platter is out of the question and subsequently weatherspoons has gained a valuable customer.

liverpool UK
“Just absolutely outstanding, 5th Visit since Matt took head chef.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

I've posted a few reviews about this place before. We are huge foodies and big chasers of michelin stars. Having now attended more than 100 Michelin starred restaurants.

Looking at some of the reviews I am seriously puzzled how anyone could give 1 star for the food. People complain about the portion sizes? We are always stuffed after a 3 course meal here since Matt came with the new menu.

Believe me when I say this guys, Matt Worswick is a culinary genius. He is creative, artistic and makes absolutely memorable dishes. Try this place for yourself and go in with an open mind.

If any of you like us chase restaurants with outstanding chefs and Michelin star standard food. Then this is the place is right up your street. Even if you don't and you like amazing food, then this is the place to go.
If you just like eating cheap pub food where you get two main courses for £10. Then you probably won't appreciate it here.

Trust me when I say this place is exceptionally good value for money. The wonderfully divine combination of flavours that are put together on the dishes will leave you thinking about them for weeks.

We are attending for our 6th time this year next week and we are having the tasting menu. Will post up a review shortly after with our findings.

• Visited May 2014