“Simply marvellous”
Review of Auberge Brasserie

Auberge Brasserie
Ranked #14 of 357 Restaurants in Southport
Price range: US$13 - US$25
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Kent
“Simply marvellous”
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We booked for Sunday dinner and after a long walk on a glorious sunny day in Southport were looking forward to our meal.
We were greeted by a very friendly lady and led to our table. Service was great. I had an excellent prawn starter and we all had a roast. We were asked whether we wanted the beef pink or well done and I was very pleasantly surprised when it actually arrived pink. The icing of the cake was the bill. Guess we're used to London prices and the Auberge is great value for money. So, thumbs up for this little gem.

1 Thank jwhayt

Winchester, United Kingdom
“Greast Tasting Food”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Here for Saturday lunch with the whole family (children aged 30,27, 22 &20) two of us vegetarians - for whom the choice was limited. But for the rest of us the food was wonderful and the service graet.,

• Visited February 2014
Whitchurch, United Kingdom
“Try the pork and ham risotto!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I don't cook risotto at home so it was the obvious choice on the Three Courses for £14 lunchtime menu. I wasn't sure about the piccalilli dressing but I went ahead and ordered and was delighted that it was the loveliest combination along with tender, tasty meat and well-cooked risotto. My only observation is that a side helping of extra sauce could have been offered and more risotto/less meat on the plate as I'd had the pate starter and was rapidly getting full!

The staff were perhaps under some pressure: I asked three times for a second glass of wine before I got it. Having said that, they were all courteous and pleasant.

My two companions enjoyed their more trad choices of starter and main courses.

I'd recommend Auberge to anyone who wants good, tasty, well-presented, imaginative food at very reasonable prices, served by pleasant staff in an elegant setting. I'll definitely go back again.

2 Thank Annie A
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Good food and super clean surroundings”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

It was my birthday and I really rather fancied a Lebanese restaurant for my meal, but our two friends who are very faddy didn't want to go, so we ended up here.
It was a good second choice. We chose the £10.00, 3 course, early evening menu. There was a choice of three starters,three mains and three dessersThe tomato and basil soup was delicious but my choice of fish pie wasn't really my cup of tea. I chose Eton Mess for my dessert, but without the cream. They said I couldn't have it that way as it was all pre mixed so I asked for and got, just strawberries. They were lovely.
The place was spotless and quite busy for early Thursday evening. The service was excellent and I would go again on my next trip to Southport.

england
“Bit of a wait!”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Shopping in Southport and thought we'd give it a try...limited choice for lunch but settled on the shin of beef with horseradish mash.......waited ages!! wouldn't have minded if it had been busy but it wasn't.
Meal was OK, beef tender, mash tasty, had a few tiny shallots and a few sliced mushrooms, what it really lacked was vegetables, a bit of greenery would have made all the difference!.
As in line with most of these places, overpriced drinks...we had cordial & soda in the smallest glasses ever at a cost of £1.95 each!, my local charges 60p for a half pint glass..daylight robbery:(

1 Thank sheern