“Beware if you pay in Cash”
Review of Auberge Brasserie

Auberge Brasserie
Ranked #13 of 379 Restaurants in Southport
Price range: US$14 - US$28
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Had a meal with my partner on Saturday evening, June 28th.
The restaurant was quite busy and as my lady friend was on crutches, all help needed was given to help her move about.
The meal was fine. Exceptionally well presented starter and main course; meal itself was very good without being outstanding.
I asked for and received the bill fairly promptly and decided to pay the £48-25 in cash rather than use a debit or credit card.
I waited and waited and waited .... for the receipt and change.
Nothing was forthcoming.
My lady friend, who had just visited the ladies rest room, finally asked for and got the receipt.
BUT NO CHANGE....

I was more than prepared to leave a tip of £5 - slightly above 10%, but NOT after no change was offered.

Is this Auberge practice?

Or does the Auberge need to look at their staff training??

Write a ReviewReviews (1,116)

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Ate here Sunday night for my husbands birthday had there set 3 course menu with a bottle of wine excellent food and great setting with friendly staff. We both had the lamb and it was cooked to perfection this is a gorgeous restaurant was recommended by friends and I can see why will definitely return on our next visit to Southport. Go you will not be disappointed and they do some great deals on various days.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Lunched here with friends.

The restaraunt was busy which is usually a good sign.

we opted for a two course menu for 10.95 GB pounds.
There were 4 of us and our entrees included, soup, prawns, liver pate and sardines.
fit main course two had the fish and chips and two had the slow cooked beef with horseradish mash. There was nothing to complain about as. The food was delicious.
The wine menu was good and wine was sold by the glass.

The staff were efficient and happy. A great meal. I would recommend and if would love to eat her again but it is a little too far from Australia.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

we went to Auberge in Southport on a Tuesday for their £10 per head for a 3 course meal and £10 for a bottle of wine. The food was really tasty, admittedly limited in choice, but hey what do you expect for £30 and the wine, an Australian Sauvingnon Blanc was more than drinkable. We have eaten here before and always had a good meal and good service. Keep it up Auberge

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We booked for Sunday dinner and after a long walk on a glorious sunny day in Southport were looking forward to our meal.
We were greeted by a very friendly lady and led to our table. Service was great. I had an excellent prawn starter and we all had a roast. We were asked whether we wanted the beef pink or well done and I was very pleasantly surprised when it actually arrived pink. The icing of the cake was the bill. Guess we're used to London prices and the Auberge is great value for money. So, thumbs up for this little gem.

1  Thank jwhayt