“My parents and me visiting my grandparents in Sothport over New Years Eve” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nile Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Southport
Nile Hotel
Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Southport
Meerbusch
“My parents and me visiting my grandparents in Sothport over New Years Eve”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2010

My parents and I have been to Southport a coupple of times to visit my fathers parents before. Those times we usually stayed in an apartment or a hotel chosen by my grandparents. This time we stayed in the 'Nile Hotel' in Kingstreet (walking distance from the city centre). It was great. I really felt comfortable there because the staff is not as superficial as in the big hotel chains. The staff is friendly and the service is good.
All in all there is to say if you prefer a small hotel with a familial atmosphere, the Nile is exatly what you need.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family

Solo
ipswich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2009

I stayed in the nile hotel from the 5 th of january until the 3rd of september, piet and layla where fantastic hosts they made me feel right at home, had some great nights there where they held partys for my colleagues and there friends and sampled some beautiful food, breakfast was always good and always did food in the evening. They are a very warm and welcoming couple who where always willing to help. To sum up my 9 months was fantastic it was a sad day when we had to leave. Thanks for all you you did for us.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank leezo5122
dorset
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2009

I always head for Southport periodically and until the Nile was recommended,did find difficulty finding an appropriate Hotel.
We have used the Nile now 3 times and have always been satisfied .
Warm friendly and reasonably priced.
We will go again.

D&R Butterworth

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
bolton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2008

It was a last minute decission to go away.Upon looking on the internet found the nile hotel. When i phoned the female owner said that she only had the honeymoon sweet left but there was only a shower in. i explained it was a special weekend away and should they have a cancellation of a room with a jacuzzi could it be possible to swap. On arrival at the hotel we was greated with hello and asked if was staying or just looking around.When i gave the female owner my name she had remembered that i had said it was a special weekend and informed myself that she had managed to up date the room to a jacuzzi. The room was clean. Enough tea and coffee facilites.The hotel was situated in a quiet street with a few public houses in the same street and if you wanted to shop only a few minutes from lord street. The breakfast was good. Both the owners were freindly and helpfull. In all both myself and my husband had a nice quiet relaxing time at the nile hotel.

Stayed September 2008
Peterhead
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2008

Check in was very smooth. We had a family room which consisted of a small attic room with not even a handle on the outside door. First night there the lights fused the owner came and had a look and said we would go and get some bulbs and we didn;t see him back again with any bulbs. Constantly gave us 2 towels despite 3 of us sharing a family room.
Egyptian music playing into the small hours which kept us awake with people leaving kept slamming the doors.
The woman owner seemed to be very nice and doing mostly everything with her husband not doing much.
Went to use our jacuzzi in our bathroom and there wasn,t enough hot water to fill it.
Food was good with no complaints with the breakfast.

• Liked — Location, not far from the prom and Lord Street
  • Disliked — Room could have been of a better standard
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Check-in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Blootoonloon
s wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2008

If you want friendly and helpful service you will find it here.
The accomoation was comfortable, spacious and clean.
The proprietor and his wife were exceptionally helpful and extremely nice people. We had our 9 month old grandson with us and I have to say that nothing was too much trouble for them. In fact they went out of their way to ensure our stay was as pleasant and comfoortable as possible.
Very close to shops and all amenities but in a very quiert location - an excellent position.
The Moroccan food is also good and well worth a try.
All in all we had a very pleasant stay and I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to others.

• Liked — the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff
  • Disliked — would have preferred a bath and shower to just a shower
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family