“Best Indian Takeaway around”
Review of Spice Paradise - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Spice Paradise
Price range: US$14 - US$30
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 13 November 2011

I have only ever dined in this restaruant once, several years back, but it was called something else back (I can't remember the name) then and the food was, well - rather bland. But having moved to Southport since (and being an Indian food fanatic) I decided to give it another try and boy am I glad I did.
The food now is unrecognisable to the rather taste-free fare on offer those years ago. Believe me, if you are an avid curry eater - you are going to love the food here. My stern test for a good curry house is the tandoori chicken-on-the-bone. If it is spongey and looks as though it has been varnished with red paint, then you can rest assured the rest of the food will be cheap and not so cheerful. But if the chicken is properly charcoal-grilled and has a flaky consistancy, the chances are that you are on to a winner.
The Indian Palace, it is safe to say, passed the test. I regularly get takeaway from here and this place has a vast array of mouthwatering dishes on offer. If you want plenty of flavour to go with your spice, then this is the number one place to go. Straight off the bat I can recommend Chat Chicken Masala if you want hot, spicy and sour, Nimbu Murgh or Satkara Chicken/lamb if you want sweet, sour and spicy or Phall if you have an iron stomach. I've tried them all in Southport and if you are a curry freak like me, you won't be disappointed. Five Stars!

There are newer reviews for Spice Paradise

Reviewed 30 May 2011

Nice food and surroundings and very friendly staff. Curry was ok, but having tried a few dishes it could do with spicing up, the dishes lacked the heat you'd normally associate with curry.

Reviewed 18 July 2010

My husband and I eat quite regular at this restaurant we would not go anywhere else. We have taken lots of our friends who also have the same view as us. One particular friend came from just outside Birmingham and she said it was one off the best currys she has had for a long time. S and C

Reviewed 2 November 2009

Having been through various iterations, this restaurant is now known as the Indian Palace. We first went when it was known as the Balti House & having deserted it - the owners had a row & split up - we got a flyer and recognised some of the former specialities, so decided to try a take away & were not disappointed.
We tried the restaurant itself & were very happy. They have some slightly different dishes, such as Sylheti chiken (with cauliflower, can't stand cauli but the wife loves it) & the Salkhali lamb, w3hich is like Achari, but with `fresh' fruit not pickled.
The take away portions actually seem bigger than the `eat in' portions & are highly recommended.
It may not be quite up to the standard of Bradford's Mumtaz or Manchester's Sangaam or This + That, but for a place like Southport it is excellent. You won't be disappointed if you try their food. Far better than anthing LIverpool; or Preston have to offer