“Great Tapas”
Review of The Barking Frog - CLOSED

The Barking Frog
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A coverted sandstone bank with high ceilings and a warm Mediterranean feel , the restaurant offers tastes from all around the world ,brought to you by a first class waiting team cooked by experienced chefs.
Lancashire
“Great Tapas”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Can't believe I live less than a mile away yet I've never really bothered to go. Went last night, we had every Tapas dish on the menu and more!

Lovely place and nice staff, will be using it more often.

LANCASHIRE
“OUTSTANDING MEAL”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Visited with some friends on sunday lunchtime.The meal was excellent and cooked to perfection and great value for money.The service was first class and it was a nice and relaxing lunchtoime.The building used to be a bank and has been converted to restaurant.We will return.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Nice , but not outstanding”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Went to the barking frog last night. Had three courses each. Complimentary bread and dips served before the meal ( very nice touch). I had the black pudding fritter and my wife had the greek salad. Both very nice , followed by sea bass and steak. The food was good. The service was great and the resturant is quite nice and trendy . While I don't have any complaints about anything I must say nothing really wowed either of us. Don't get me wrong, we had a nice meal and I feel it was very good value for money but to be rated in the top 5 resturants in the area I was expecting a little bit better. Nothing really new or exiting on the menu, but there were specials on that I'm told vary every day. I will go back to the barking frog but I wouldn't recommend it for very special occasions, it's quite a casual place with a nice drinks lounge on one side of the building, separate from the resturant which works well. I don't want to put anyone off with the title of this review but all in all there isn't anything on the menu you won't find in a thousand other places across the country, however, very good quality and very good value for money.

2 Thank Paul J
SOUTHPORT
“Dads birthday, wonderful eveningx”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We had a table booked for 16 , my dads surprise birthday, staff were excellent and food was beautiful, 5 very happy children, Thankyou for wonderful evening, definately will return soon.

Southport
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

The title says it all really. First visit and will definitely return. Couldn't fault anything. Quality food and attentive service. Great atmosphere. As good as anywhere in Southport if not better

Visited March 2014