“Everything you could want from a restaurant.”
Review of The Barking Frog - CLOSED

The Barking Frog
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A coverted sandstone bank with high ceilings and a warm Mediterranean feel , the restaurant offers tastes from all around the world ,brought to you by a first class waiting team cooked by experienced chefs.
Reviewed 16 April 2009

Visited the Barking Frog last night (Wednesday),after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor.We arrived without booking a table and even though they were quite busy,we were seated right away.
The service was friendly and very helpful.We were served drinks and complimentary bread and dips while we waited for our starters.
I chose deep fried goats cheese and hubby had mushrooms in a pastry basket.Both delicious.
I had shoulder of lamb which was the best I have ever tasted, the meat was so tender it fell off the bone,hubby had a pasta dish with the most gorgeous garlic bread with tomatos and sweet red onion. Yum yum!
We couldn`t fit in a dessert but I am sure they would of been just as good.
It is not the cheapest restaurant in Southport,but if you don`t mind paying a little more for excellent food with service to match, then go!

2  Thank missysmum

Reviewed 1 March 2009

The Barking Frog in Southport is my favourite restaurant. I live in North Yorkshire and regularly visit relatives in Southport so try to eat there as often as possible. The food and service are excellent and it is well worth the long drive.

1  Thank anne_walmsley3
Reviewed 31 October 2008

I am a regular at the Barking Frog restaurant and would like to share with you how fantastic the food and ambience is, they can't do enough for their customers and offer an amazing menu which is changed each month. Every meal I have had there has been great and I recently spent my pre-wedding meal there with friends from outside the UK who also thought the food was outstanding.

I can honestly say it is the best restaurant in southport and you will have to travel quite a distance to get better.

2  Thank purplemunchkin
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 7 March 2008

Not been for years, was good last time I went.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook