“Fantastic!!!”
Review of The Swan

The Swan
Ranked #6 of 357 Restaurants in Southport
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Fish and chip restaurant. Family run for 40 years. Fresh and Homemade produce. Wheelchair and family friendly. Reasonable prices.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!!!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Best fish and chips around!! Eating inside is a very pleasant experience!!! You can also request fresh chips and gravy is amazing !!

1 Thank Paula P
Dear Paula
Thank you for taking the time to send a great review !! Glad the chips and gravy were a hit !!We hope to see you again in the near future.

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Take away chips - Delightful”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stay here last weekend for the Ladies British Open and we were recommended this place by the receptionist. She was right , great chips and they even battered a sausage for me as they dont normally have those. Friendly Staff, always busy - prepare to queue. limited parking so have a driver waiting outside to pick you up.

• Visited July 2014
Dear Tiggletpigger!
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review ! I will make sure everyone see s your lovely comments.Sorry for the delay in responding but we have been very busy !! Glad you also enjoyed the battered sausage!! We hope to see you again in the near future (We hope you also enjoyed the ladies open !!)
“Very nice evening meal”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I went here not long ago with some of my friends and their parents, when I walked through the door I was very surprised to find an enormous eating area where many people were sat down either waiting or eating. We sat down and we ordered our food within 5 minutes which is in my opinion quick service! The staff were also very friendly! Not long later the food and drinks arrived I was very surprised at the enormous portions, I ordered SMALL Cod with carrots and chips, which tasted delicious! Very fine quality fish.
Please do come to this surprising fish and chip shop. It's better than you might think.

Visited July 2014
Dear 2000
Thank you so much for your wonderful review ! A lot of people are surprised at the size of the restaurant! So pleased you and your friends enjoyed the small cod is a big hi! We sincerely hope to see you and your friends again in the near future!
Preston, United Kingdom
“superb fish and chips”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I know that when you go to seaside resorts you expect great fish and chips , but The Swan far supasses that. Not only is the fish and batter tasty, fresh and light , the chips are really proper chippy chips.The size of the potions are huge and for a seaside resort really decently priced .
The staff are lovely , the food is served quickly and hot ,and they dont just do F & Chips , their homemade pies are to die for. a vist to the Swan is not for the diet brigade , but if you want a satisfying meal that will last you all day ,go there!

i am going tonight now made myself hungry

swandirectors1, Owner at The Swan, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Trainer
Your fantastic review is what makes it all worthwhile !! Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your valued opinion. I will pass on your wonderful comments to everyone involved. We sincerely look forward to seeing you again in the near future .
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“An 'old school' plaice”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Pretty good chippie, I sat in the restaurant on a Saturday night and was pretty pleased with the experience. It was very traditional and a bit old fashioned but I suppose it did have a bit of seaside charm. The food reminded me a bit of a school canteen type meal - the blackcurrant crumble and custard in particular. Service was superb and very quick and I thought it was handy to have a small appetite option for the fish and chips, which was just right for me.

swandirectors1, Owner at The Swan, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear 79
Thank you for your review glad you liked the old seaside charm of our restaurant ! Very happy to know that you enjoyed our food especially the crumble . A lot of our customers love the traditional desserts we serve favourably reminiscent of their school days ! The smaller fish and chips have been a very welcome addition to our menu also (leaves plenty of room for those desserts !) We look forward to you again in the near future.