“The talbot helped me have the best wedding in the world”
Review of The Talbot Hotel

The Talbot Hotel
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Southport
Reviewed 6 October 2012

I can't say enough good things about this hotel! My husband and I booked our wedding here and we are so glad we did.
Gilbert the owner, his family and staff are so helpful. they made the room look so beautiful for our big day. The food was amazing everybody loved it. Staff are wonderful and will do anything for you. I felt like a princess all afternoon.
Gilbert arranged a toast master and dj for us who are fantastic.
The room we stayed it was lovely. Comfy double bed and on suite
The full English breakfast in the morning was yummy.
It's a lovely homely feel to the whole hotel its quite and only a 5 minute walk into town. At least 10 members of our family and friends stayed here on the wedding night too and all agree its a lovely place.
Can't thank you all enough for a wonderful wedding thank you.

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed 30 September 2012

When our coach arrived at the hotel we were met by by Gilbert, the owner, he welcomed us. Our room was clean and tidy. The staff were all helpful and friendly. The food was all very good and served well. Well worth the money, will definitely go again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Peter J
Reviewed 26 September 2012

The best hospitality and friendly service here. Any special dietary requirements just ask. Owners and staff all pleasant and helpful. Food was excellent. Hotel is situated in a quiet, central area not too far from train station.Room was clean and comfortable, Please remember that this is a good old Victorian building with no lift, and bedrooms are upstairs,so if you want cosy, friendly, come here. If you want impersonal and modern then maybe Southport is not for you.

3  Thank jazzgirl-12
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I checked out yesterday from this lovely hotel. I have roomed all over the world with my job and I've never been shown the hospitality that was afforded me here. Nothing was too much trouble, room was spotless food was fantastic and entertainment to boot. If ever I come back to Southport forget your boutique hotels I will be coming back to the Talbot Hotel. Thank you and your lovely family and staff.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Worldlyweasel
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Agree with the previous review could not have put it better myself.
The food was very basic and vegetables served up in your plate wither you liked that particular vegetable or not no serving dish for vegetables was provided so you can make a chose. Also the soup on the Wednesday was the soup from the Tuesday and as this is powder soup the hotel uses not suitable for serving next day it was supposed to be Mushroom soup never found a mushroom yet. Towels in room was never changed nor room hoovered the whole of my 4 day stay. Never return to this hotel again.

3  Thank Caroline S
Reviewed 9 September 2012

I do not understand how any one could say this was a good hotel. On entering, the Reception area was very small but below what I would call Welcoming. The staircase was very steep and difficult to climb as that is what you have to do, if you are disabled and have difficulty walking this is not for you, all Rooms are upstairs. The staircase had never seen a Hoover or cleaner for a long time, all landing's were the same all the way up. On entering the Bedroom it looked ok at first, but it does not take long to see the dirt around the edges of the room and the furniture, which was still the same when we left. The bedroom furniture was a collection of Pieces of furniture screwed together, The beds were clean as was the Toilet, and shower were all Tiled to a good standard, the shower was just a pipe with a furl sticking out of the wall and I had to stand on my tip toes to adjust it I'm 5'10'' The general standard of the bed room was poor and compact, my garden shed is bigger than this bedroom. The dining room was quite nice but looking under tables that were not in use they had not been Hoovered for some time, there was a spoon on the floor under a table on the Monday I arrived and was still there on the Friday Morning at Breakfast. The meals are adequate, but if there is more than 30 seconds of inactivity around your plate it will be whipped away, the staff are super fast at clearing tables, they probably can;t get out fast enough. I was on a Monday to Friday coach trip there were 38 other people on the trip and the general feeling of this hotel was well below what other travelers had experienced. I have tried to be fair with this report, the good points the staff are helpful,that's about it. On Monday at dinner Gilbert who is the owner addressed every one and pointed out if any one had complaints bring them directly to him, well Gilbert if You take of your very dark glasses and have a serious look at the standard of your Hotel you should not have to ask people to point these faults out to you. the general Standard of this hotel is exceptionally Poor, It's a run down Relic of the Past. I am writing this as a true reflection of my visit From Monday 3rd September to Friday the 7th September 2012. Think Twice Before Booking this Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank weehaggie
Reviewed 7 September 2012

have just spent four days at this Hotel and we were not happy with the meals as they were very poor and the staff were not helpful as for one example my Wife asked for a glass of water which never came.The hotel was clean and our bedroom was nice other than the television which set on top of the wardrobe which made it very uncomfortable to watch,needless to say we will never go back to there again.

1  Thank James B