“Excellent”
Review of Baytrees Hotel

Baytrees Hotel
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Southport
Reviewed 27 May 2012

My daughter and I stayed for two nights, she has just finished uni. All you could ask for, ample parking outside,clean room, comfortable beds, lovely breakfast and very pleasant polite couple who were happy to chat. As we arrived thay said oh you can have a larger room as its available during your stay. We have stayed three times over the three years of my daughters course and I would like to think I will be back as Southport is lovely and the hotel makes a safe base for exploring the area, we spent a day in the museums at Liverpool which is a short train ride away. Thank you for your hospitality.

Room Tip: Lovely family room ground floor so stairs not an issue for kids or elderly
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Mike H

Reviewed 8 November 2011

Took daughter for a weekend trip to Southport as a last minute decision. Booked day before arrival. Room lovely and clean..Everything we needed was there. We were on the second floor so quite a few steps ,not a problem to us but might deter less able visitors. Welcome was warm and friendly and breakfast more than adequate. Car park was great as only ten minutes walk to centre and station.Great vaue for money, would recommend to friends.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank katsutzi
Reviewed 25 July 2011

myself and partner stayed here just for a quiet break.. very clean and welcoming,, breakfast was great always served with a smile..would go back and reccomend.. gratevalue for money

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank delta1906
Reviewed 22 May 2011

I stayed at the Baytreees Hotel & found the owner Gerry very welcoming. The room was very clean & spacious & the breakfast was very good.

There was plenty of off street parking & was only a 5 minute walk from Lord Street.

Overall I would give the Baytrees 10 out of 10 for a lovely place to stay for a weekend away in Southport.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank ladybird77733
Reviewed 4 May 2011

Hotel has its own on site parking, Lovely greeting when we checked in and showed to our immaculate & very clean bedroom. The room was very spacious with tea/coffee, large double bed, plenty of storage space for clothes & good size en-suite.
Gerraldine who runs the hotel with her husband Micheal was delightful & very helpful. Giving us plenty of guidance to which restaurants& bars to visit- very important! All within a 5-10 minute walk. So near enough to visit but with out the noise at night. Shopping & theatre also same distance. Our breakfast in the morning was fantastic! Wonderful selection, & cooked to perfection, thanks Micheal! We would return to this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for superior rooms. They have double or king.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank holidayfunEngland_UK
Reviewed 2 May 2011

My fiance & I stayed at the Baytress when attending a family wedding. The decoration of the rooms were lovely and the room and bathroom was spotless - couldn't fault it at all!
We had a wonderful stay and the owners were great, allowing us to check in early in order to get ready.
The breakfast was just as good, offering me a vegi option too - I would recomend!

Room Tip: Room 3 was lovely, with a double shower.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Unbunchkin
Reviewed 23 January 2011

I stayed at this hotel for one night and one night was enough. Although the owner is very friendly and the hotel is adequately decked out the sound proofing was terrible. Not only could I hear everything going on in the next room and the room above but being situated by the reception I could everyone coming and going.

The double bed was certainly not a double and there was no bar. I wonder how this hotel got a 4 star rating.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple