All reviews brewers fayre stayed here retail park the pub air con restaurant next door friendly receptionist tindale crossing very pleasant stay road noise good nights sleep meal deal family room recommend staying here night's sleep comfy bed great place to stay
Reviewed 8 October 2016

I’m a regular user of Premier Inns, but have never felt the need to submit a review: My experiences have always been reliable, basic, reasonable value, generally unremarkable. Nothing to see here..... I’m moved to do so now by a couple of factors about my stay at Tindale Crossing, Bishop Auckland. Firstly, I was allocated my one night stay in one of the upgraded, renovated New –Generation rooms. What a revelation! The decor is now genuinely, if modestly, elegant. Dark wood finishes on the thoughtfully practical furniture units. Restful ambient lighting. An av patch panel allowing connection of hdmi , vga etc to the tv, including a media player usb port for your thumb drive. The huge Samsung tv is brilliant, with most freeview channels (but no cable or satellite ), and a blissfully straightforward and quick menu system. The full size bathroom is clean and modern, with a proper bath and a hot, powerful, quirk-free shower. The heating/air con is quiet, effective and easy to use (yay! ). Free wfi is quick ,easy, and reliable. I’ve always found PI beds particularly comfy, and that remains the case..It will be interesting to see how well this new standard is maintained, but for now I’d say that the improvement places PI clearly above their ‘budget’ competitors and replaces my own previous favourites: Ibis.
The second reason for this review concerns the staff I encountered. My greeting at check in was particularly efficient and warm this occasion, and I believe genuinely so. It’s a small matter, perhaps, but I for one appreciated it after a long day. The real star of the show, was perhaps Suze in the adjacent restaurant: I pitched up on my arrival in town before my meeting for an impromptu breakfast before I’d even checked in, and was served promptly and courteously. Generally I prefer to be attended to without fuss and dislike over-attentiveness, but Suze ‘s bustling cheeriness and concern that everything was just right struck just the right balance. When I returned the next morning, eager to make an early start, she, unprompted, remembered my preference for a porridge to start. This despite having served me for only a single time.

Room Tip: 'New Generation' roons are a big mprovement
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 October 2016 via mobile

A quick check in, free parking, old design of room with a very small TV. The room was immaculate with not a mark on the walls. Good heating and a/c. Instant hot water. Next door is a Brewers Fayre and good supermarkets and shopping are close by.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2016

Stayed for three night whilst visiting RHS and NT attractions in the area. Always comfortable accommodation and helpful friendly staff. The "Meal Deal" is very good value it includes breakfast (all you can eat) and a two course evening meal with a free glass of wine. The food was not gastro pub but too a very high standard. The hotel is situated next to a retail park which has a Sainsbury's and an M&S Food so if you need to top up on essentials you can. We will use PI again.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed 23 September 2016

Well located and easy to find on outskirts of Bishop Auckland, with pub next door no need to wander far for evening meals and breakfast. Large beer garden for nice weather. Indoor kids play area as well

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2016

Standard rooms for Premier, but amazingly friendly staff. Plenty of parking. Beds wonderfully comfy with additional pillows. Room temperature was hot but we opened a window and got a lovely breeze (or there is AC). Pub (brewers fair) next door where if you book breakfast via Premier is where you will eat. Good choice for breakfast (both full English and continental - which you can combine as you wish) price includes tea, coffee, juices. There is another pub just further up the road (but did not visit).

We were visiting Kynren and had decided we would walk - in total the walk is just over an hour - taking about 40 mins to get to town centre. However it is mostly on the flat with footpaths so not too bad.

Now with free wifi - and had good connection.

Overall would recommend for overnight stay.

Room Tip: Premier so all the same
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple