“Simply fantastic”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Have been visiting here with my partner for years every other month maybe even more often. The food is amazing, tried other Thai restaurants and nothing compares. Our favourite is set course A which they even let us change one of the currys to T32 which is delicious. We have a definite soft spot for this place and started out to be somewhere we would visit for special occasions but because the food is that good we seem to end up there a lot more than planned. Staff are very friendly and a lovely family run business. Tonight we were meant to be going to the gym but that never happened as the craving for my favourite tasty food won.

1  Thank CharlotteAnnWhite91

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I had lunch with my wife and we both chose from the 'Business lunch A' menu. This cost £7.95 each and comprised of an appetiser or soup, main course and tea or coffee. The price has recently increased, used to be £6.95, as can still be seen on the hand modified menus.

I opted for the Tom Kha Kai - sour & spicy chicken soup cooked with coconut milk, Thai herbs & mushroom. The soup was excellent and I would highly recommend it. I followed this with the Kai Phat Priew Wan - sweet & sour chicken Thai style. This was served with more than enough boiled longrain rice. This dish was a good size portion, tasted good although I would have preferred a less watery sauce and a bit more chilli spice. I took coffee to finish off the meal which was excellent and served with a minty chocolate.

I was happy with the meal and the price paid (although it used to be £1.00 cheaper) but I have to be honest and say that although the place is clean the décor needs updating. The wallpaper has seen better days and is peeling off in places. This combined with the background music of a 90s soft rock album makes me feel that a spruce up is required. I appreciate that I was there at lunch time (open 12:00 to 15:00) but there was only one other couple there dining and a single Thai lady sitting at another table.

In summary the lunch menu is good value but I would be put off paying the higher prices for the A La Carte menu on an evening but there is a £19.45 (min 2 persons) banquet that looks reasonably priced.

2  Thank David G
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The restaurant is extremely good. Staff welcoming and attentive, food really good and reasonably priced. Would certainly recommend.

1  Thank Chris B
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Lovely pleasant staff and delicious food. We went for a friends birthday and were all very happy with our choices.
The only thing was that there were only 2 other tables taken which was a shame as it was such a nice place.

2  Thank GerryandMinkey
Reviewed 22 June 2014

lovely food, great specials, Fantastic food presentation, staff are really nice nice little restaurant. good price.

1  Thank lisatowlaw1821