“Quick review”

Darlington, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Quick review”
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

After hearing such good things from friends, then reading the reviews... We were a little worried about our visit. I'm pleased we did visit. The food was outstanding, and service was top class. We found out about Witton Castle through friends, who found it on Facebook. The castle is a little dated, with not a lot of 'castle decor' however, the artwork on the walls makes up for it. The whole place was immaculately clean and tidy but welcoming. It's very cold in the castle due to heating issues I assume, hence not giving it 5*. Will return in summer.

3 Thank Mandy_wall

Hartlepool, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Fantastic place on our doorstep”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We went to Witton castle last week for a meal and I must say the food was brilliant, I had one of their burgers and it was so tasty and clearly homemade, loved how it was served on a wooden board, the staff that day were very welcoming and the young girl that looked after our table is a credit to the place, what a beautiful looking place, if I didn't live so close I would love to have a caravan there. when we have family visiting we will definitely be looking into hiring a caravan there. Well worth a visit, I will be recommending to all locals, thanks

3 Thank Ad-Lou32
Durham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“site manager”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Would have to agree with the last person the site manager has no customer service skills. On having a conversation with him he proceeded to put his coat on and pick up his phone as if to say not interested I have better things to do. Park lovely very clean and tidy lovely walks. Well maintained by the ground crew. Well worth a visit if you love walking.

6 Thank anne b
Bishop Auckland, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Not for the disabled”
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

There is no lift for wheel chairs to get into the castle.
We had to remove a guide dog pen .the pen is used to let the guide dog
Do her toilets in .this way I know where the dog dirt is .and can clean it easy. The owner of this site gave permission for the pen.4years later.she had a change of mind ,the pen had to go.
Also some people are allowed bigger storage shed than others.seem if your face fits your ok

Visited January 2014
7 Thank Maureen O
Durham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Manager”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I recently visited witton castle park with the idea of buying a caravan,the staff i the sales office were friendly and helpful until I met the manager.a very unhelpful man if not down right nasty.Bit of a jobs worth he was sarcastic arrogant and even aggressive,totally unpleasant .I was prepared to spend £20.000 plus on a van that day but after meeting him needless to say I changed my mind and left.

Visited January 2014