“Disgraceful!!”

Witton Castle Country Park
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I don't normally make reviews, but Witton castle has to be an exception for this. The grounds are lovely and the ground staff do a very good job in keeping the areas clean. But the site manager, he's arrogant, sarcastic and doesn't engage in talking to you if he doesn't agree with the topic, and would rather play on his phone than talk to you. The castle is a lovely building with great decor, but the food is dreadful. We have been here to eat a few times, and twice the food has cam out barely warm, and thirdly out Sunday lunch pork was very dry and tasteless. The staff within the castle didn't seem interested as they didn't ask how our food was, and when we did tell them all we got was 'ok, I'll pass it on to the chef'. Really? Is this how you would want someone to make a repeat visit to your establishment. The bar manager (if that's what you call him) is really rude! He's either walking around trying to make himself look busy, talking to the staff like rubbish, or hiding out in the courtyard having a cigarette. Why would you want to eat somewhere where the staff smell of smoke? Will never visit here again.

15  Thank Sharron P

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Visited for Sunday Lunch with family, staying in a hire caravan at the moment.

Service 5* - from the minute we arrived we were warmly greeted by reception and directed to our caravan.

We settled in easily, a lot nicer than we assumed they would be, spacious and clean. Everything is included apart from towels and tea towels, so great for light travelling.

Food in the castle is great, well priced and great value for money. Nice portion sizes.

Waiting for the film on Tuesday night, The Italian Job. Had a sneek peak and think it's fantastic.

Hopefully the rest of the week will be just as good as the last couple of days!

3  Thank Albert D
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

After hearing such good things from friends, then reading the reviews... We were a little worried about our visit. I'm pleased we did visit. The food was outstanding, and service was top class. We found out about Witton Castle through friends, who found it on Facebook. The castle is a little dated, with not a lot of 'castle decor' however, the artwork on the walls makes up for it. The whole place was immaculately clean and tidy but welcoming. It's very cold in the castle due to heating issues I assume, hence not giving it 5*. Will return in summer.

3  Thank Mandy_wall
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We went to Witton castle last week for a meal and I must say the food was brilliant, I had one of their burgers and it was so tasty and clearly homemade, loved how it was served on a wooden board, the staff that day were very welcoming and the young girl that looked after our table is a credit to the place, what a beautiful looking place, if I didn't live so close I would love to have a caravan there. when we have family visiting we will definitely be looking into hiring a caravan there. Well worth a visit, I will be recommending to all locals, thanks

3  Thank Ad-Lou32
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Would have to agree with the last person the site manager has no customer service skills. On having a conversation with him he proceeded to put his coat on and pick up his phone as if to say not interested I have better things to do. Park lovely very clean and tidy lovely walks. Well maintained by the ground crew. Well worth a visit if you love walking.

6  Thank anne b