“Another excellent stay”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Hayes
UK
“Another excellent stay”
Reviewed 19 January 2013

We never look any where else when we stay overnight at Heathrow.
The Radisson has every thing we need - clean, comfortable rooms, a very good breakfast and excellent staff on reception.
The beds are comfortable so you are guaranteed a good nights rest before your flight.
The restaurant , and we have tried it twice, fails to deliver for us. It looks impressive but the menu is nothing special.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, 16 October 2014
Thank you for this review, now we are in 2014, This Hotel has been transformed, We now have state of the art Audio Visual equipment in lovely new Conference Rooms.

We are planning to open a Fish & Chip Shop in 2015 too.

You will be surprised at the difference.. Come and see the changes for yourself.

Craig Lawson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (619)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Aromas, California
Reviewed 18 January 2013

I travel from Heathrow a lot, and having stayed here and at the other hotels in Bath Road, I can honestly say, why did I bother trying the others!

This hotel is head and shoulders above the rest, the staff are friendly, professional and nothing is too much trouble, I tried the rest from now on I'lll stick with the best and this one most certanly is the best!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo

Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed 18 January 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights as I was attending a course nearby. The hotel lobby is very nice and check in was quite easy. Ensure that if you are not planning to charge things to your room, say so as they added a £50 per night clearance on my card which caused the transaction to fail! I know that is to do with my credit card limit but it was unnecessary.

The room itself was fine but the heating in the room was not that effective leaving the room a bit cold. The mini bar prices were some of the craziest I have seen so I made sure I did not use it. The vending machines in the corridor was so poorly stocked with only a choice of Mars bars, mini bottles of alcohol and a couple of cans of coke.

On the second night I was there, there was a queue for the very small gym. I waited for 15 minutes to see if any equipment became available but in vain. On the fourth day, I left my room at 8:15. I arrived back 9.5 hours later at 17:45 to find that housekeeping had not yet been to my room. At 18:25 I received a knock at the door asking if I would like my room cleaned. I declined and asked for fresh towels. I was very surprised at this and haven't experienced that in any other hotel I have stayed in.

Overall the hotel was quite nice. I had tried to book one more night but my flight had been cancelled. I was infromed that they were full but also the hotels surrounding were full also. No help was given to me to find another hotel. I sat in the lobby searching online to find another. I am now in a Days Hotel, not too far from the hotel and the room is just as nice and much much warmer and less than half of the price.

I think for the price per night, the rooms are not as warm or as luxurious as they could be and the services and facilities could be better for a 4 Star hotel.

Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 18 January 2013

I stayed here the night before my flight. What a fabulous hotel. I got a great rate, which included breakfast and high tea (though I didn't have the latter). The rooms are spacious, well furnished and absolutely top notch in terms of comfort and cleanliness. I ordered room service and had a delicious steak. My breakfast was also delivered--hot and delicious, and good value for money. Everything about this hotel is superb: well worth the few extra pounds. It takes about half-an-hour from here to Terminal 3 on the bus, which you have to pay for.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are probably well sound-proofed and equally comfortable.

Newark
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Clean and efficient hotel with welcoming and attentive staff, the food was surprisingly good and the attention to detail is unusual for an airport hotel. Most big airport hotels are less conscientious about repeat business as the guests are mostly transient, but the staff at The Radisson Blu Edwardian seem comitted to the guests. I asked a breakfast waiter for a banana to take away - within 30 seconds he reappeared with two presented on a plate ! I've stayed at most of the Heathrow Hotels over the years, but this is the best one.

Room Tip: North facing rooms are quieter as they face away from the airport

Salisbury
Reviewed 16 January 2013

I booked this hotel on a well known website and got a great deal for one night stay with 4 days parking. I've stayed in lots of airport hotels, mostly Gatwick, and have never been too impressed with any of them, even the 'better' ones, but this one was a lovely surprise. The lobby is absolutley beautiful and the room was fabulous, very big with floor to ceiling windows and one of the comfiest hotel beds I've ever slept in. The staff were very professional and polite and made us feel very welcome. It was the perfect start to a weekend break.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple

Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2013

This is clearly a hotel that trades on its proximity to London Heathrow and therefore seems to be especially geared up to cater for passing guests (what hotel isn't?) who are staying over before heading to or from Heathrow.

I found the room well laid out and very clean.

I stayed on the last Friday before Xmas so the hotel was very busy with both Xmas parties and those heading to check in early the next morning and (even though it was busy) I found all the staff (from check in to the bar) very helpful whether it was arranging the airport transfer coach when I was heading outbound and especially the concierge on my return when I collected my car after 2 weeks away.

Many thanks, I'll be back.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo

Craig Lawson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
London Heathrow Marriott Hotel

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!