“Good airport hotel”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Hayes
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Efficient and good value if booked ahead. Free WiFi but charge for parking overnight. Good sized modern rooms. Staff were generally friendly. Good airport hotel, and this is our third visit, and will most likely return.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Virginia_Heathrow, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2013

Thank you very much for your comments about the hotel in general. It is always a pleasure to see such a good feedback, especially from a returning guest. I am very happy to read that you were happy with your room and found our staff very friendly. Our excellent customer service makes us stand out from our competitors since a high emphasis is always placed on not only meeting but exceeding our guests’ expectations.

Regarding the room rates, I am very happy to see you found our Advance Purchase Rate very competitive. It is certainly a great way to save up to 20% a night when you when you plan ahead and reserve in advance through our website. Perhaps next time you might like to try our gym and Spa facilities that are on offer free of charge to hotel guests. This includes a sauna, steam Room, plunge pool and relaxation area. The spa also does fantastic treatments at an extra charge.

I am delighted to see you wish to return to the hotel. Please do let me know via the hotel of any future reservations you wish to make and I will ensure you are once again looked after.

Best regards

Reviewed 19 February 2013

I made a quick, spur-of-the-minute call at about 10 a.m. to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow from the airport and was able to get a great rate on a room - and was able to check in right away. The hotel, as with all the hotels at Heathrow, doesn't have a shuttle, but it's on the Hoppa bus. I was exhausted, so I jumped into a taxi and was more than willing to pay the 8 pounds to get to the hotel. I was literally checked into a room in less than 30 minutes after making a phone call.

The room was small - typical for London - but plenty of room for me. I opted for a standard double because I simply wanted a place to sleep and check the internet the next day. I didn't need a large room. It was a comfy bed, and a very clean room. Yes, there are little things around the edge where the rooms show a bit of age, but nothing that made it a negative stay. The front desk staff was great, very helpful and pleasant. I slept peacefully and woke refreshed. I did have a little trouble regulating the heat, but it wasn't a major concern. The hotel is very quiet - no outside noise and very little from the hallways.

The bathroom is great, good shower pressure and nice amenities (they are provided in large sizes in the shower and smelled great). It was nice to have a minibar and the prices weren't outrageous. There is a little gift shop off the lobby that has sodas, chips, newspapers, etc.

The free WiFi was GREAT! It's rare in London to find free internet access and the Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow not only had free WiFi, but it was fast. I spent a little time at the desk and found the chair very comfy. I wasn't sure at first - a round glass-top table and modern chair, but I found it really comfortable and got quite a bit of work done.

I ate dinner at the Oceania restaurant and it was very good. Not over the top, but really great for a hotel restaurant. The service was fabulous. Couldn't ask for better. I had a salmon and chips that was really very good and my cheesecake for dessert was very tasty.

Check out was easy and fast and the clerk reviewed my bill before she printed it. I asked for a taxi back to the airport and was surprised when a private car showed up about 5 minutes later. The front desk called and had them show up, so I was afraid it would cost much more than a regular taxi. However, it was still the same price as my taxi the day before and I now have the name and contact for a local car service when I return.

Overall, this was a great stay. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because of a few signs of wear and tear around the property, but I'm extremely picky about hotels and I would definitely choose this one again. For those who drive, by the way, they do have a large on-site parking lot.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2014

Thank you for this review, now we are in 2014, This Hotel has been transformed, We now have state of the art Audio Visual equipment in lovely new Conference Rooms.

We are planning to open a Fish & Chip Shop in 2015 too.

You will be surprised at the difference.. Come and see the changes for yourself.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

Very nice hotel obviously very close to Heathrow. Perfect for a quick over night keeping you fresh for an early flight out the following morning. Very nice breakfast had to try and keep my self for going up for seconds, or was that thirds. I would book this hotel with confidence and recommend happily to others.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 February 2013

frontline staff very helpful, rooms good, bathplug a bit of a challenge and breakfast excellent, good location to heathrow and there is a bus that takes you there frequently, booking was easy on line.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 17 February 2013

This is a very comfortable hotel with great service and in a very good position for Heathrow Flights. Decor very restful everything clean and of a high standard. I will certainly use this hotel in the future. Check in and out very efficient. Staff polite and respectful.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Virginia_Heathrow, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the hotel in general. I am very delighted to see that you received a warm and efficient welcome to the hotel and that you felt very well looked after by our staff. Perhaps in your next stay with us you might like to try our gym and SPA facilities which include a sauna, steam Room, plunge pool and relaxation area. All these facilities can be used free of charge and treatments can also be booked at an extra charge.

It is a real pleasure to see you wish to return to our hotel. Please do let me know via the hotel of any future reservations you wish to make and I will ensure you have another lovely stay with us.

Best regards

Reviewed 16 February 2013

We first stayed at the Edwardian in October following a flight cancellation that forced us to stay around Heathrow.

Our room was directly in line with the ground floor lift access, which meant a current thoroughfare and noise to our room. I complained to the management who said there were no more rooms. The room was fine in terms of comfortability and space, but the noise was an issue for the whole night. Upon checkout I raised my displeasure, and was given an apology. I expected more for a room that cost 160 BPS.

I complained to Radisson regarding our stay, and received a very kind letter in response which provided a free upgrade to a suite upon our next stay. We took Radisson up on their offer and stayed in a large suite, which was incredibly spacious. A little chocolate cake was waiting for us on arrival.

We also had dinner downstairs, and the steak I had was probably one of the best in 2013. Service was good.

Radisson certainly were very good in their service, and we would stay at the hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know your thoughts on your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear of the issues you had during your previous stay with us. However, it is a delight to see that your feedback on departure was taken very seriously and used proactively to improve your guest’s experience. The team at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel do take pride and joy in delivering the best customer service to our guests and it is very rewarding to receive such a great example of service excellence.

I am also delighted to see your willingness to return to the hotel. Please do let me know via the hotel of any future reservations you wish to make and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Best wishes

Reviewed 15 February 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night before flying out to Dubai. The staff could not have been more attentive and helpful. We are in the Oceanic Restaurant, it was lovely. We were given a 25% discount voucher for the restaurant, but would have eaten there anyway. I would recommend thus Hotel to everyone, we were very impressed with everything

• Stayed: February 2013
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2014

Thank you for the kind review, see you again soon.

Craig Lawson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
Sofitel London Heathrow
Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!