“Consistently excellent and great value”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Hayes
Trstenik, Croatia
“Consistently excellent and great value”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I stay here on business quite often and hopefully this means I can leave an honest review based upon regular stays over a period of time. I've reviewed it before and I have to say, it provides an excellent guest experience and great value for money on a consistent basis.

It is an airport hotel that also majors in conferences, which isn't surprising because it is huge at (I think) 450+ rooms. I've stayed there during large conferences and have never experienced any issues; there is almost always a dedicated check-in & front desk for the conference and so you aren't affected as a 'normal' guest. Also, even with late night awards events and wedding receptions with music, the layout of the place is such that there is no interruption from noise.

The staff are always professional, courteous and friendly: every time you pass someone when walking in the hotel, whether maintenance, guest service or housekeeping, they smile and say Hello. I've used most of the guest services and the laundry and concierge services are second to none; laundry is turned around in lightning quick time and returned beautifully cleaned and presented. I've flown in/out of Heathrow, staying at the hotel either side, and have come back to laundry I left in the room when I went stored with the concierge for collection upon check-in and even on a couple of occasions, taken up to my room whilst I was checking in.

The rooms are well appointed although I can empathise with those who says the standard rooms are a bit on the small size, although compared to many West End luxury hotels, they are positively huge! As I have probably said before, they are certainly more than adequate if you are staying overnight before/after a flight. If you're staying for longer, there are larger deluxe rooms that have noticeably more space, particularly overall storage space. All the rooms I've stayed in have been comfortable, well appointed and importantly with good quality beds that allow a good night's sleep.

Room service is prompt, reasonable and can make a fantastic omelette.

The main bar - Bijou - is superb. It has a welcoming feel and warm atmosphere; I still can't put my finger on it but I think it's the combination of the size of the space, the colour palette and the staff. Possibly aided by serving draught Grolsch.

The main restaurant - Oceanic (about the be renamed to Trunk) - has its own, separate listing under restaurants and I've reviewed it previously.

There is a gym that is functional, certainly good enough for what you're going to need for a stay of a day or so.

I've never had an issue with parking; granted, it can get busy but the car park is absolutely massive and there always seems to be space, even if it's a bit of a walk to the reception.

As always, there can be little issues that go wrong - a bulb going, a light not working or a Nespresso capsule being missing from the collection offered - but whenever I have raised them, they have been resolved quickly and professionally. If the worst part of your guest experience is that there is only 1 light blue Nespresso capsule as opposed to 2, then maybe I'm being picky or perhaps have an attention to detail that the hotel gets right almost all the time.

Overall I am a big fan of this hotel; it ticks all the boxes, so to speak: it delivers a very high level of customer service and provides a high quality guest experience on a consistent and reliable basis. The prices are competitive and for me, the staff add a human feel to the place that can all too often be lost in large, corporate brand hotels.

Highly recommended.

1 Thank Propaganda_Machine
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the kind review.

Regards

Craig Lawson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (612)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2013

It is such a shame that this hotel offers inadequate parking for the number of guests, park and fly options and the numerous weddings and dance functions. I have been to several events here and always had the same issue as certain times of day, where there are no spaces, cars are parked all over the place and the overflow car park is not fit for purpose. The staff in the car park seem completely uninterested by the issue.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jennifer P
Virginia_Heathrow, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2013
Thank you very much for your comments about your recent stay with us. I am very sorry to hear you experienced some difficulties parking your car in the hotel. I can promise you this is not a regular occurrence. We always try to rearrange the car park accordingly when we hold several conferences at the same time, in order to leave plenty of vacant spaces for our guests. However, we fully understand your frustration and we would like to profusely apologise for not meeting your expectations on this matter. I will surely pass your feedback on to the relevant management so that they can follow it up accordingly in order to achieve a better management of the available parking space.

I hope we are able to persuade you to give us another chance to make your next stay with us as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. If you are returning to the area any time soon, please do ensure to contact me directly via the hotel and I will ensure you are properly looked after.

Best regards,
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I had a late meeting in London, and needed to stay at the airport. Choose hotel based on the fact that it said "shuttle" from terminal. Well a 30 min busride with multiple stops, both airport and hotell advice you to take a taxi? I arrived late at the hotell, restaurant closed at 11 pm. I took a seat in the bar, as they served some food. After waiting 12 min with no one paying any attention, and there were 3 people "working" and not many customers I gave up and went to bed. Next morning I was going for the "garb & go" breakfast, as I had to leave by 06.00. Breakfast? Granolabar + black coffee.

1 Thank Regni
CraigLawson2013, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review, I'm sorry about the issues you had whilst with us.
With regards to the shuttle service, we used to run our own complimentary hotel shuttle, however BAA stopped all the hotels from doing this to reduce the amount of traffic arround the airport, in turn they introduced a private company to take over the running of the shuttles.

I will speak to the bar & restaurant too about your comments regarding the slow service & morning coffee.

I hope to see you back soon.

Craig Lawson
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Easy access to / from LHR airport with the shuttle bus.

I was upgraded (Club Carlson Gold) to a Superior room, which was large and comfortable. Soundproof.

I did not try out the hotel facilities, arriving late at night and leaving in the morning.

Value was quite good and I will get back for my next overnight stays at Heathrow.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank fereke
Thank you very much for your great review. It is a pleasure to see that you felt very well looked after and were given a free upgrade thanks to your Club Carlson Gold card. Our Club Carlson scheme truly rewards our most loyal guests with exclusive benefits and I would like to take this opportunity to encourage everybody to join it.

Next time you visit us, I highly recommend you to try our Trunk Restaurant & Bar. In addition, our SPA is a fantastic selling point and a great place to relax. The facilities (gym, sauna/steam room, plunge pool and relaxation room) are provided free of charge to all guests with treatments as chargeable extras. It would be my pleasure to arrange your return visit to the hotel very soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly in future.

Best wishes
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2013

We chose to stay at this hotel as we were flying to San Francisco the following morning and wanted to avoid the stress of getting to the airport and we wanted to be as fresh as possible given that we would have lengthy drive when we landed. The Radisson website mentioned how peaceful a night would be and this looked to be a good choice.

The problems started when we arrived - the reception area was a scrum as there was a salsa dancing convention. The hotel had only two staff on the desk and we waited for quite some time. At this point the salsa event was merely a curiosity but this changed when we went to bed. There was an amount of noise when we went up to our room and after an hour of trying to sleep the volume had been cranked up numerous by decibels. We tried to call and complain and were routed through a call centre in central London. They tried to contact the hotel with no joy and ultimately hung up on us. We got dressed and went to reception which was still extremely busy. We approached a group of three staff members who were talking and laughing. One these guys directed us back to the clearly overrun front desk.

It transpired that we been placed in a room that was very close to what was essentially a night club and there were many people coming and going and shouting outside our door.

It is completely unacceptable that we were not advised that this noisy and disruptive event was taking place. We were eventually moved to a room on a different floor by Mario who did his best to help. This room was quieter but by this point I was stressed and found it very difficult to get off to sleep.

Easily the worst stay I have ever endured.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Barry_Gall
Thank you very much for your review. I am so sorry to see you were not impressed by the service you received during your recent stay. Of course I am glad you have conveyed this back to us in order to address the issues and help us to improve. It is very disappointing for us to read that you did not have a good nights sleep and found the room to be very noisy because of the salsa convention that took place here that specific weekend. We sincerely apologise for the problems you experienced with the noise level. At least I am happy to hear that Mario acted promptly and managed to find you another room on a different floor. It is extremely unfortunate that you experienced this noise disturbance and we cannot apologise enough as we truly understand how important is to sleep well, especially when you are far from home.

We truly appreciate your business and are determined to ensure your future stays with us are to your complete satisfaction in every respect. If you have a moment to discuss this further with me I would be more than happy for you to contact me via the hotel and I do hope we can persuade you to visit us again sometime in the future. I would of course ensure that you are very well looked after and have a memorable with us.

Kind regards
Reviewed 26 April 2013 via mobile

Grand lobby welcomes you to the hotel. Hotel is of older style- darker tones but well kept. We had a trek to get to our room but it was of good standard. Ordered room service for dinner & breakfast which was pricey but prompt & good.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Amberleyadrian
Thank you very much for your comments regarding the hotel in general. It is very nice to see you liked the lobby and were happy with the standard of your room. I apologise if you found the room a bit far from the elevator. Next time you stay with us, please ask one of our lovely receptionists to allocate a room not far away from the elevator and they will be more than happy to meet your request.

It is also a pleasure to see that you enjoyed the meals your ordered to Room Service and thought that the service was good and quick. Perhaps next time you might like to try our Spa facilities that are on offer free of charge to hotel guests. This includes a sauna, steam room, plunge pool a relaxation room and gym. The spa also does fantastic treatments at an extra charge.

Please do let me know via the hotel of any future reservations you wish to make and I will ensure you are once again looked after.

Best wishes
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Took the Hopper bus from Terminal 3 to hotel, Worked great. Walk into a classic English hotel with lots of wood and mirrors. Easy check in. Room was bigger than Central London and best of all, lots of outlets to charge all the electronics. Cool. A large Table to spread out all my work papers and computer. Very good Wifi. Large flat screen TV. Went down for a cocktail and had two bars to choose from, both very good. Good nights sleep in comfortable bed. Check out was easy and the bus came right on time for my return the next morning to Heathrow. Not a great hotel, but clean and easy and had everything I needed for getting a nights sleep before the next flight. Will do it again next time.

2 Thank Louis C
Virginia_Heathrow, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad you found the hotel hoppa bus very useful on your way to the hotel and back to the airport. Regarding the room you were allocated, it is a delight to see you found it very well-equipped and that all procedures were easy and stress free. It also is a pleasure to see your willingness to return to the hotel any time soon. In your next visit, you might also like to try our gym and SPA facilities which include a sauna, steam Room, plunge pool and relaxation area. All these facilities can be used free of charge and treatments can also be booked at an extra charge.

Please do let me know if you require any assistance with any future reservation and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Best regards
Virginia Mariscal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!