“very lovely stay”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Hayes
Bridgwater, England, United Kingdom
“very lovely stay”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I stayed here night before I flew on holiday. I had parking all included in my package. I also opted to stay for dinner with their set menu and also breakfast following morning. My room was on the 4th floor. Very nice and very comfortable. I slept well, and thats unusual for me. I shall certainly try this hotel again on my next holiday,

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Lesleyellen171,

Thank you for the lovely review, i hope to see you again soon.

Craig Lawson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (610)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I had booked a room for two nights because I had a meeting in Canterbury between two flights, and the location near Heathrow was ideally suited for that purpose. I had booked a picnic package on the hotel's website, just because it was slightly less expensive than the regular price that was offered at time of booking. When I checked in late at night, it took the clerk more than 20 minutes to give me a room, he had to check back with a supervisor twice to find out the conditions of the package, and promised that the bottle of sparkling wine would be delivered to the room. It wasn't. Not the first night, and not the day after. Instead, I got a "wake-up call" in the middle of the night that I had not ordered. When I talked to the manager on checkout that I was not satisfied with both the call in the middle of the night and with the non-delivery of the package components, he apologised and promised to send me a voucher for a future stay. That voucher never arrived.
So, the room was good, the breakfast was good, the location was very convenient for late arrival and early departure in Heathrow, but they have members of staff that should be seriously considered for training or should be encouraged to find a more suitable occupation.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear norwegianbusiness,

Thank you for the review, it appears at first glance that there has been a catalogue of errors, which i apologise for, i've just pm'd you too and I can assure you that we will put things right.

Geneva
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Typical airport hotel, staff at reception most friendly. Room quite small, bathroom tiny.
Very slow service at the hotel bar, we waited more than 30 minutes to be served a drink.
As well here, staff friendly, but understaffed place.
Normally I love hotels from the Radisson Blu chain, this one however was below my expectations.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Reto1961,

Thank you for the review, I've just Pm'd you to get some more information from you.

As i've mentioned before, i just wish you had mentioned this to us, whilst here, as we could have put things right for you there & then.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Scotland
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I have to say staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was disappointing for a delux room with a very small bathroom and narrow bath with a poor shower over it. Mattress needed changing as sagging both sides with a rise in the middle. Dinner was good and excellent choice of dishes, sitting arrangements I found uncomfortable and not practice in their main restaurant. Breakfast was poor for the cost and tired hot food at 9am !

Dear Invernick,

Aromas, California
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Well the last time I reviewed this place I gave them a 5, what a shame I'm now back to give them 1 (thats too much in my opinion!)

Check in was faultless, the reception staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was fine although the bathroom was little 'tired.'

I decided to go down to the bar for a drink and light meal. Now I realise that there are two bars but the one to the right of the entrance is advertised as a restaurant so I always go to the one behind reception. On walking in I noticed that most of the tables said reserved, although a helpful guy pointed to the unreserved area and got me a drink. The bar began to fill up with I guess a conference using the reserved tables, the staff were walking around with trays of snacks. I asked a guy for a second drink, and I waited, and waited, and waited ..........Eventually he walked past me again with a tray of snacks I said can I get the drink I ordered, reply, 'I'm too busy with this conference go to the other bar.' So I did!

As I said this is more of a restaurant bar so I ordered a drink and looked at the bar snack menu, what a waste of time, I think the choices were something like a bowl of olives or some sharing platters, hello I'm a solo traveller that has been told to leave one bar, doesnt want a restaurant meal but doesnt fancy a sharing platter either!

I decided to go to my room and order room service (the 'grill' place behind reception was also shut.) So I decided on burger and fries, called room service and asked for a rare burger, only to be told we dont do them rare its well done, nice to get a choice or is it that the burgers are frozen to start with? It arrived very quickly and it was burger and fries, just burger and fries, slapped on a plate, did this hotel never hear of a garnish to aid presentation! Given that the only reason I was paying extra for room service was I couldnt get what I wanted downstairs I was very disappointed.

Check out was fine reception staff as always very quick and helpful (perhaps they should train the bar staff!)

Sorry Radisson I have stayed many times but wont be doing so again!

1 Thank CTS1
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear CTS1,

Thank you for the review, Oh dear indeed... I do remember your last review of us & it was very good & as you say you have stayed with us many times before, but this is why i am so disappointed by your review.

Firstly, as a valued return guest i would have thought you would have spoken to us before leaving the Hotel or even on the night, so you did not leave with a "sour taste int he mouth" so to speak, as you say your previous stays have have been good ones, so a one off incident could have been dealt with there & then.

With regards to the Bijou Bar, i will speak to the staff, could you give me the date of your stay?

With regards to the TRUNK Restaurant, there is a full Menu which includes sharing platters, Steaks, Fish & Burgers & chips, this is all contained in one Menu, so i'm at a bit of a loss to explain why you only noticed bowls of olives & and a shring platter.

With regards to room service, again our burgers do come with a garnish & the usual accompaniments, but i will speak to the chef.

Like i said above & on many other replies, if anyone has an issue, please speak to us whilst with us, as we are here to help & we want you to go away, with the feeling that you want to return.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Lawsonc@radisson.com
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I have stayed at the hotel twise over the past year - for one night in each case.
Although I did not dine there , in all other aspects the hotel was excellent for the price
and the rooms were spacious and well-appointed. It is the sort of hotel where you would
not feel too upset if you has to stay more than one night.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Neocis,

Thank you for the lovely review, i hope to see you again soon.

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stayed here for 2 days recently at a training conference. Have used this hotel before and room has been good. However this time...
First the good bits. My bedroom was good, bed too soft for me but that is just personal preference. Bathroom sotless. Evening meal was excellent - many commented on how good it was. However not all was good or how it was supposed to be!
Our training room had no natural light. When our company booked th e package we were told it had "secondary natural light". The member of staff was referring to ceiling spoty lights! How natural is that? How natural is electric lighting?!!! Whenever we had break outs we had to go to the front of the hotel to get a bit or actual natural light! The lunches that came up were poor - the sandwiches on day one had curled up they had been out for that long and no-one ate them. A real shame as the evening meal was so good. There was also no description with any of the buffet left so it was pot luck and dangerous for anyone with an allergy. Finally, staffing in the bar in the eveing needs to be increased - there was one poor lady working herself to the bone to try and cope with what must have been 50 people in the bar from different groups. It took someone 20 minutes to get her some help!

This hotel should be better that 3/5!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear CurrymonstersTbone,

Thank you for the review, i do believe that we spoke about this on the day,
A lot of our Conference rooms do indeed have natural daylight, but its true to say not all.
Your group had a working lunch & unfortunately you broke a lot later for lunch than planned, had we of known about this we could have delivered the Lunch later.

I will pass on your comments regarding the bar, as this could have been handled better.

We are just about to start on a total refurbishment of our Conference rooms, this will be done in stages, starting with the 4th Floor. By total refurbishment, i mean, flooring, state of the art AV, Lighting & Redecorating, we will not be using heavy, noisy equipment, so the impact on our guests will be zero, as the rooms have been taken off line well in advance.

This will not have an impact on our Bedrooms.

I hope to see you again soon.

Craig Lawson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!