“Very Pleasant Stay”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Hayes
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Very Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Room smaller than we expected for a Radisson but it was spotless and very comfortable and we did get a special offer on the price. The staff were exceptional and couldn't do enough for us. There were Christmas parties on that evening but we heard nothing. We had room service instead of venturing out to the restaurant and the food was delicious. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Winsid,

Thank you for the lovely review, I'm glad you had a nice stay, i hope you come back soon too.

Craig Lawson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (606)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 December 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Radisson at Heathrow airport on a Saturday night before a flight early the next morning. On check in it was clear that they had Xmas parties in full swing. We asked reception to give us a room away from the noise as we wanted a good nights sleep (surely the bare minimum you expect after forking over nearly £100 for a hotel room??).

We were informed by the reception staff that there were 4 Xmas parties that evening, 2 on the ground floor and 2 on the 3rd floor (of a 4 floor building) so everywhere would be noisy until 1am when they finished! She was unapologetic and bordering on rude.

The first room they gave us was on level 4 and the bass came pounding through the floor. We then asked to move and the concierge gave us a room further away which was quieter but the last patron had clearly been smoking in there, so then he moved us again and finally gave us an upgrade to a bigger room which was in a quiet part of the hotel. This took the best part of an hour to sort out. Props must go to the concierge who was very helpful and happy to keep moving us until we were satisfied, but we only called him when we couldn't get through to anyone on reception as no one there was answering the phones!

The room was nice enough although the artwork wasn't particularly tasteful and may even have offended some partrons - black and white photos of topless women wearing tassles!

On the whole I doubt I would go back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear Nicola E,

Thank you for the review, i have pm'd you to find out who checked you in & i'm pleased that you were upgraded in the end.

The Month of December is a busy time for most Hotels especially at weekends.

I'd like to get more information regarding the picture too.

I look foraward to hearing from you.

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I recently stayed here whilst on a business trip. The staff have a great can do attitude. The service and friendly attitude of the staff in the Trunk restaurant bar, was exceptional!

I didn't know at the time, but if you ask one of the breakfast staff in the Trunk restaurant for something, they will get it for you. such as poached eggs.

Room Tip: I was on the 4th floor facing the back of the hotel which was great
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear Blox_2011,

Thank you for the lovely review, with regards to Breakfast, we do indeed do extras such as poached eggs & omelettes etc.

I hope you visit again soon when down from Chesterfield.

Gaborone, Botswana
Reviewed 17 December 2013

i visited this hotel this september,the staff was very friendly starting from reception to the cleaning ladies.the rooms are beautiful and very clean..the bar is spectacular.it was my first time in London so they helped me with directions round town.the only problem i had was food,i ddint quite enjoy the meals.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear colleenndwana2008,

Thank you for the kind review, i have pm'd you too.

Kingsburg, California
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I was travelling through from Norwich home to the US and was booked to stay at this gem of a hotel. They have the most wonderful staff I have experienced in a hotel. Despite the fact the banquet rooms were all full with guests, the concierge had plenty of time to make my stay special. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the hotel was secure and welcoming.

I would recommend this as a great place to stay if you need to be near the airport.

I will be staying there on my next trip through.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Brian S,

Thank you for the great review, i look forward to seeing you again when over from California.

lowestoft
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We stayed in the hotel for 1 night with 20 nights parking. I was very pleased with this hotel especially the smooth booking in and Trunks. would definitely book this hotel again as the staff are first class and very pleasant.

Room Tip: We stayed in a King size room on the fourth floor which was excellent
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear LowestoftWendy,

Thank you for the lovely review, i hope to see you again soon.

Placerville, California
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I was booked into this hotel compliments of United Airlines because my flight from London to Chicago was cancelled. Overall it was an excellent experience, I didn't get a chance to see the whole place but for the 12 hours I stayed it was nice. the beds were very comfy and the room had all amenities. I had a quick bite to eat at the dinner buffet and there was a good selection of food, after that I had a few drinks in the bar. My hats go off to the hotel staff for taking an immediate influx of over 100 passengers in about 15 minutes.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear James M,

Thank you for the kind review under what must have been difficult circumstances.

I'm pleased your brief stay was pleasant & i hope to see you back again soon when over from California, under better conditions though.

Craig Lawson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Sofitel London Heathrow

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!