US$133
PremierInn.com
US$143
  • Pool
5,420 results
All reviewssteak and lobsterbijou barindian restaurantcar parknext morningan upgradepublic areasan early flightreception staffdays parkingclose to the airportthe buschecking instayed here for one nightnight's sleepan overnight staybath road
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This was our 4th stay here, why keep using this particular hotel? because when you find the best why change, it's the jewel in the crown. From the moment you walk in to the impressive reception which is always spotlessly clean, nothing disappoints. This time we were checked in by Keisha. You could see they were busy but you are instantly made to feel as if you count, as though you are the only person in the hotel. Keisha had a lovely smile, polite, professional and very efficient. One thing I have noticed about this hotel on each visit, is that they obviously invest in that old fashioned, (diminishing in a number of other hotels) thing called 'customer service', and my goodness do they do it well. Something is definitely working well in this hotel and it is clearly management down, as every member of the team you bump into be it domestic staff to front of house, they are all so very polite, that's not a coincidence. We had the good fortune to have dealings with Mr Craig Lawson, a true gentleman who really cares about the job he is doing. Articulate, professional, approachable and human would easily describe Mr Lawson, and that description feels as though it only touches the surface. Quite often in this type of industry the management are remote, this chap is hands on and you can see why the hotel runs the way it does once you meet Mr Lawson. I feel that if something was to go wrong or there was a problem, as these things do happen, then the investment they have clearly made in customer service would again be invaluable as you feel as though there is an accountability about this hotel, you can imagine their mantra 'we will always strive to be the best but if something isn't quite right then tell us' - that's impressive. The rooms are beautifully clean, always replenished and tidied when you return from a day out, I have never seen an untidy public place here either. The courtesy call after check in to see if everything is okay is always appreciated. I always book through the Club Carlson website, the accessibility and flexibility of the web site really compliments this hotel.
The food at breakfast is always of a high standard. Our waiter on both occasions was a young chap (forgive me for possible incorrect spelling) about 18/19, Thaiti or Praiti, he was so polite, attentive and efficient.
If your looking for exceptional customer service, fantastic location and consistent high standards then book this hotel. If you want to visit central london as we did visiting our sons, then use this hotel because you can get the free bus outside on the main road to Hatton Cross tube station and transfer straight into central London (Leicester Square) in50 minutes. For the money you save staying out of London you can have more spending money to use through the day. Knowing the quality of hotel you are coming back to made that 50 minute journey worthwhile. I will be honest and say if I was a millionaire this would still be my first choice of hotel when flying from Heathrow or visiting London, the location is brilliant. This should be a 5 star hotel and the management should take a moment to receive a pat on the back for running such a great hotel, and Radisson should use this as a business model for exceptional customer service. Thank you so very much to all concerned especially Mr Craig Lawson. There is no hesitation for us, book flights from Doha, book this hotel - no brainier. Hope to see you again in July. Michelle S Qatar

Room Tip: Just ask on reservation - they will always try their best to accommodate you as we all have different needs
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shell543
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Shell543,

Thank you for the wonderful review, I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay.
The service you recieved comes from working as a team, without the housekeepers, porters etc the Hotel would not be running as it is.

See you soon.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

A strange place where in fairness, they get the basics right.

A very large airport and conference hotel in the odd style of a colonial Indian palace. We were greeted warmly and I found that all staff were genuinely friendly and helpful. The beds were very comfortable and I slept well here. That gets several ticks in the box. Noise insulation room to room is not bad. Room to outside world good. Unfortunately, room to corridor very poor with much door slamming, conversation and dragging of heavy suitcases in the wee small hours.

My room was quite well appointed with a moderate size flat screen TV with the UK Freesat package. Surprisingly few international channels for a major airport hotel. There is free wi fi throughout but so slow that it is virtually useless. Fortunately, there is good 3G coverage on all networks. Air conditioning was easy to use, effective and more to the point - quiet.

The main restaurant is Trunk. Menu choices are interesting, reasonably priced and superbly cooked. I have to say that it is one of the better hotel restaurants I've experienced in a while. The set up here though is odd .. it is also a sort of sports bar with a number of screens of Sky Sport. It has the only bar in the property that does draught beer. So .. it has to be all things to all people. It doesn't work, what is it ? Sport bar, lounge or restaurant .. I couldn't tell. The upshot is .. if you are not interested in the football, cricket or boxing there a few places here you can escape it. It even intrudes on your dinner.

Bijou Bar is the main hotel lounge bar. Oddly, it doesn't do draught beer - only bottled ! It also has Sky Sports although only in one corner. It is an internal room with dark corners and rather a gloomy atmosphere. It reminded me of my college Student Union bar circa 1975.

A further dining option is available, Annayu, billed as progressive Indian cuisine. I did not get the chance to try it but it does come highly recommended and the best recommendation I could give - it doesn't have Sky Sport. In fact, I noticed it doesn't have a TV at all.

All public areas feel a little cold - I think the air conditioning is a bit fierce, particularly if you sit under the vents.

Verdict - they do the basics here very well. However, there is no finesse and they make the assumption (wrongly) that everyone wants to be glued to a TV screen. They seem unable to differentiate between bar, lounge and/or restaurant which does not reflect well on them - I believe they are the largest property at Heathrow. This was my first visit and I certainly did not have a bad time. However, I would only return if there were no other options available in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear tromsopete,

Thank you for your review, i've pm'd you to get a few additional comments from you.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Very efficient and professional staff, room was spacious and clean but overlooked car park so not much of a view. Would have liked to eat in the Indian Restaurant but it was shut on a Sunday.
Very easy to catch shuttle bus to Heathrow, £4.50 per person and buy your ticket on the bus. Good pub nearby for tasty meals (The three Magpies) also Macdonalds right next to it. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lovetoroam_7

Dear lovetoroam_7,
Thank you for the kind review, i hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is lovely on the inside most of the staff are attentive
And happy....we did eat in a fantastic restaurant in the hotel but wrote a seperate review for that. The room was clean , bathroom could of done with bit more cleaning around taps!
Breakfast was average. We had an enjoyable stay the only downside was the hiccup at breakfast where we were told it was not included.It in fact was as this is what we booked but because we had upgraded the room it was not changed on the computer, was a bit embarrassing when people are waiting behind you... No problems the next morning. Busy hotel obviously so it was never quiet really.steam room and sauna were nice though small but splash pool was very small for such a big hotel. Would visit again though.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Bubbalicious1,

Thank you for the review, i have just sent you a pm to get a bit more information from you.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I was stunned by the hospitality of the staff - excellent. From the moment you walk in (think Vegas) the decor and aroma are very inviting. Arrived, no dramas, got a complimentary upgrade, a very pleasant front desk greeting and the room was amazing.

Great food, ambience and I didn't realise check out was 11am either - not even a look when I checked out at 1230 (sorry!)......free parking would be good but due to being so close to Heathrow it would soon be taken advantage of for sure. Little things matter and this hotel goes the extra mile in terms of their ability to accommodate and please.

I'm hopefully there in just over a week (need to book) - here's hoping my second visit is as good as the first......amazing. Thanks to all the staff and a well managed hotel, if only they could all be the same ;)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Will W,

Thank you for the wonderful review, and we will see you soon by the looks of it.