“Monday night layover ”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Hayes
Norfolk, United Kingdom
“Monday night layover ”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Nabbed a good rate £114 on lastminute.com. Good compared to hotels.com who bizarrely wanted £180 for the same hotel?

Easy and welcoming checkin.
Room a mile away but hey I'll live with that. Bar nice but service pretty dire all round. That said, the food was good and beer nicely chilled.

Beware getting a taxi from T4 to here. Not cheap at £19 considering it's only 3 miles! Will get bus back in morning

Stayed July 2014
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear gileshankinson,

Thank you for the nice review, i'm pleased you had a good stay.

Craig Lawson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (597)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Airport hotels, especially at Heathrow can be dire, but the Radisson Blu impressed us.
It is convenient and well served by the Hotel Hopper bus (number 54)
Reception was friendly and helpful. The hotel is large with long corridors so it is advisable to get a room close to the stairs or elevators.
The room was large enough and spotless. The bed was comfortable
Breakfast (£12 for continental and £18 - I think- for full English)
was plentiful and the croissants were particularly good. The only thing missing was fruit with the continental breakfast
Will return

Stayed June 2014
Dear Joan C,

See you again soon.

UK
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed Monday 16th June for 1 night .This was our third stay and I e-mailed the hotel requesting a quiet room away from outside air conditioning units and the lift.

On arriving at our room the outlook was on to the pump unit that probably serviced the water feature in the internal courtyard or maybe the air con for the Indian restaurant. I went back to the reception to be told that the hotel was "very busy" and I was given a key to another room.

On arriving at this room we now looked on to a small roof with guess what ? .. air con units. This time looking down into the internal courtyard.

I'm not concerned about a view , what we need before a flight is an undisturbed nights sleep without the constant hum of air-con units. What annoyed me is that I e-mailed the hotel and had a reply that my request would be forwarded..

After walking the labyrinth of corridors I gave up my quest for another change. We had a decent dinner in the Trunk Restaurant and breakfast the next morning .

There was some conference event taking place the night were there and I strongly feel that individual customers are given the rooms no one else wants. Conference clients are given precedence.

Whilst on holiday I received a Radisson Customer Survey by e-mail which I completed outlining my disappointment . It was then followed up (which proves someone reads them) by the Manager offering a upgrade next time we stayed there. Maybe we will - we don't know.

We were disappointed with our stay, annoyed that our e-mail was ignored and the two rooms offered were exactly what we did not want. Room, dinner and breakfast for two is not cheap and we expected better.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper avoid rooms that look on to outside air-con units
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear r00m_with_a_view,

Thank you for your review, I have pm'd you for some more information, as i'd like to find out who you emailed. I am sorry about what happened, however i'm a little disappointed that you did not contact myself as i could have done something for you, or you could have asked for the duty manager at check out, as the last thing we want is for you to leave with a sour taste int he mouth, especially after your previous reviews of us.

I look forward to hearing from you

Caerphilly, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I would just like to write this review based on my experience and hopefully recommend that you stay here.

Why?? I stay here on a regular basis for work and have stayed in many hotels around Heathrow and none of them come close.

For me it is the little things that make a difference such as...
A well equiped gym and spa
WiFi in your room
Excellent breakfast
Great rooms and comfortable beds
Polite and friendly staff
Goos decor and surroundings

If you are thinking of staying here for business or pleasure then do so, you won't be disapointed.

I have yet to stay in a room that is not well presented and this makes a difference.

Breakfast is fantastic with a great choice, this makes a difference when you stay away from home!!

The gym is really well equiped and has everything you need and this helps again when you work away from home.

Hope this helps you make a good choice

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank blueboy1976
Dear blueboy1976,

Thank you for the lovely review, i hope to see you again soon.

Craig LAwson
Falmouth, Antigua
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I haven't stayed in the Radisson Edwardian for over 5 years, because last time I stayed it was not good at all. But I felt that it was time to try again.
Definitely improved, but it needed to. The concierge actually was actually a real Englishman, which is very unusual these days; he was helpful and very courteous. The rooms seemed to have been updated, and no longer smelt like 'wet dog' as they did before. The beds and linens were very comfortable and the room for the most part was quiet. I think the let down was the restaurant, the main restaurant was closed, so I had to eat in the secondary restaurant with the ridiculously heavy user unfriendly chairs. The food was marginal at best and not inexpensive.
Definitely better than before, but could still be so much more.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Antiguamon,

Thank you for your review, i have pm'd you regarding the Restaurant.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regard's

Mauritius
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My husband and myself have stayed in the hotel for three nights . Great Service and good hotel . Will definitely come back next year. There is a Mc Donald next to the hotel. We did not dine in as we were all the time outside exploring the vicinity or in Central London for shopping. Transport is very easy.

Room Tip: The rooms are superb . Nothing to complain. Ours overlooked a car park but we did not hear any noise...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Yashoo99
Dear Yashoo99,

Thank you for the lovely review, i hope to see you again soon.

Regina, Canada
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Wanted a good night's sleep before flying out of the UK, so splurged a little on a supposed 4 star hotel...very disappointing all around. Although the staff was pleasant enough and the decor was on the 'posh' side, food was outrageously expensive, and during the dinner hours (6 pm) while I and others were eating, they decided to vacuum the Trunk Restaurant.

Rooms were clean enough but lacked commonly expected amenities, like bedside lamps, a stand to put your luggage on, and I was given a room right above construction and the delivery area. So much for a restful time when deliveries were being made from late afternoon to well into the evening with bottles and trolleys rattling past, people talking, staff congregating, vehicles coming and going,etc. They did change my room, so that was good, but what is with the hideous dark artwork on the wall? (black and whites of homeless people sleeping in doorways, etc.). Website misleading. I definitely would not stay there again...worst sleep of my entire 3.5 week trip.

Room Tip: make sure it's not above the hotel delivery area.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Judith S
Dear Judith S,

Thank you for your review, i have have just pm'd you to get some more information from you, i'm pleased we were able to move you, however i'm not sure what you mean by people sleeping in the doorways, this certainly does not happen here, but i will check the cameras once i get your date of stay.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards.

Craig Lawson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!