“Transit”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Hayes
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I booked this hotel as was convenient for the airport, When I arrived the reception was very busy but was not kept waiting as the staff dealt with checking in very efficiently. The room was for single occupancy / double room the room was very clean but looked cluttered due to the size of furniture to space available. The bathroom was adequate but a very small bath. I ate in the restaurant and found the service a little slow ,instead waiting just went to the bar to get a drink and remind them that I was waiting to be served. But the food I ordered was presented very well and of good quality/ taste which I enjoyed . As for sleep very good as the room I had was very quiet .

Room Tip: I spoke to a couple of people who said the rooms they were in were also quiet , the only problem I h...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear James S,

Thank you for the nice review, i hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I had stayed 2 nights at this hotel at the Heathrow Airport so we could catch our flight out easier than from Basildon where I had stayed for two weeks for work. Traffic can get really backed up on highway to the airport so I searched Expedia and found this gem and I'm pretty picky. Low price concerned me but pics and reviews on Trip advisor were very good so tried it and couldn't be happier. NICE hotel that is modern, clean and convenient location to bus stop to get to train station nearby to do sightseeing while in the area. Loved it! Restaurant is nice as well and served good food. Considering outside it's very loud when large jets are taking off and landing very closely since you ARE at the airport....the rooms were very quiet where you didn't hear the planes....only some hallway noise when people were walking by talking and not considering others in their rooms, but that seems to be the case in any hotel.

Room Tip: I was on second floor
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Kim B,

Thanks for the splendid review, i hope to see you again soon when over from Pennsylvania.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Crazy Las Vegas external appearance. Felt like we were in Calcutta as we were the only non Indian people that I saw. Not a problem except this could be a surprise for some people. Definitely v run down and not kept to normal Radisson Blu standards. Rooms and bathrooms are small with inferior bed/bath linens.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear juliapidge,

Thank you for your review, i have pm'd you.

I have to say that we are an international hotel that caters for everyone, no matter where they are from, and i can assure you that we are not run down either, but as i said i have pm'd you get some specific details from you, as you have not mentioned them here.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

The room was advertised with complimentary drink. I expected the hotel reception to mention this during check in. I waited one full day before asking at the reception if indeed there was a complimentary drink. I expect the reception to have told me about my reservation details and any complimentary services, not for me to ask for each one individually. What is the point of offering one free drink for a room with two people? The carpets are dated, the rooms are small compared to othe radisson properties I have stayed at. The glass curtain on the bath was not sealing the shower water and there was water puddles on the floor after each bath. Simple things like a socket near the beside to charge the phone was missing. There was visible dust in the cupboards and counter tops as well

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Vishnu N,

Thank you for your review, i have pm'd you to get some more information from you such as date of stay & room number, i do apologise these errors, however we could have sorted this out for you at the time if we had known about them.

Once i get your details, i can look to see what was booked & who dealt with you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I had booked this from Australia and was delighted that my request for early checkin could be accommodated after the long flight. I was offered an alternative room to the larger one I had booked as this was not ready and a phone call to the room after a while to see if all was well was appreciated.
Staff friendly and helpful, dinner and breakfast very good.
The only downside to me was stepping into the bath for a shower. I felt a little nervous about this although there were some grab rails in position.
I will come again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear 325sheilam,

Thank you for the kind review, see you again soon.

Craig

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed here between flights. The check in was way too slow and we ordered a taxi for the following morning which then was not ordered! Not very good since we had a flight to catch...the room was clean and could not be faulted, great bed, extra pillows etc. The bar had extremely slow service but the servers were completely charming and gave us some free drinks since the food was taking more than 40 minutes to arrive!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear shrewsbury1,

Thank you for your review, i have pm'd you for a bit more information.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I've stayed here a number of times before, but on this visit I baulked at the single, solitary tea-bag left for us and the sachets of instant coffee - I've had better in-room beverages in waaaay more basic hotels! I would have expected decent 'real' coffee and at the very least 2 tea bags in a king size room. I know from the past that Breakfast is good, but there was no obvious choice from the 18 quid per person for the buffet (that's a lot of breakfast you have to consume to get your money's worth), what's the problem with serving good coffee and a pastry? In the end we went to McDonalds next door. I ordered room service which was prompt but the portions were meagre for the price charged. I doubt I'll stay here again, I can get better value for money along Bath Road.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear zibba66,

Thank you for your review, although i am a little bit disappointed by it.

You say yourself, that you have stayed here a number of times before, so you have obviously been pleased up until this stay.

I have pm'd you to get the room number & date of stay from you, I do apologise for the lack of Tea in the room, i'm sure that this was just human error, but still it should not have happened, however if you had of spoken to us, we could have sent some up to your room.

You also mention that Breakfast was good but then there was no choice, i have to say that our breakfast offering is one of the best at Heathrow with a whole range of choices to choose from.

We also do proper coffee too. as i said i have pm'd you to get a few more details from you & to find out what you ordered from room service too.

I do look forward to hearing from you, but i just wish you had spoken to us before leaving as we could have made amends, and as you say yourself, you have been happy in the past

Craig Lawson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
Sofitel London Heathrow

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!