“good stay,noisy reception from young girls.”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Hayes
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed at the hotel 18-22nd July, we were a group of 53, each day coached into London to see the sights, probably for the group price it was good value. Room excellent, meals in the Trunk restaurant, the swivel chairs were a nightmare for us older clientele, (to get out of),breakfast very basic,eggs only scrambled, infact exactly the same each day from the self serve, dinner was acceptable, but not 4star, the reception was crowded whenever we went through each day with a "GLEE" convention- young girls congregating to have their photo taken with stars of the show- should have been better organised so as not to have disturbed the other guests. The bar prices were much too expensive for ourselves, iced water was on the tables for dinner, all in all a good stay though.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear budleigh,

Thank you for your review, i have pm'd you though.

With regards to the Breakfast we have a whole range of items on offer, and you can have any sort of eggs that you wish, be it, fried, scrambled, poached etc.

Yes we did have a convention on, on that weekend, the people were in the lobby waiting to go out.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

After a horrendous stay with renaissance, the experience with Radisson is just magically. The hotel is fantastic great bars and restaurants and excellent service. We were assisted immediately upon arrival, check in was swift and efficient and the concierge team does go beyond their duties to help. Wifi connection was brilliant...cannot find fault with this place.

Room Tip: Go for the deluxe rooms they are bigger as hotel rooms tend to be small in Europe.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear talon,

Thank you for the lovely review, see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We booked a Sleep Park and Fly package which was very good value. This was the 2nd time we had used this hotel. On checking in on a Thursday we were meet by a very helpful young lady on the reception desk call Laura. She could not help us enough and even showed us to our room. We ate in the bar at night, yes the food and drinks are not cheap but the service was very good and it was nice and relaxing, reception had booked a car for T5 which went off very well.

On our return to the hotel after our holiday we arrived quite late on a Saturday night only to find at the front of the hotel young girls standing lying around and to make it even worse the main reception area, corridors were blocked up by young girls literally shouting . The volume of noise was tremendous, we even had a problem trying to speak to the reception staff to collect our car keys. If we had stayed during this period I think we would have asked to be moved to another hotel, I wonder how the guests felt!

So yes we had very good service, but I would think about coming back to use the sleep , park and fly on what we saw after coming back to collect our car this time.

Room Tip: Weekend,s seemed to be loud so select a room well away from the main reception area
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear RogerLowestoft,

Thank you for your review, i'm pleased you had a good stay, i note you mentioned a noise issue from a group of girls, which i do apologise for, thankfully this was not on the night you stayed.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Generally a nice hotel with reasonable room prices, but the downside of having airport prices for food, drink and parking. On my last stay, the ice machine was not working, so I asked reception to send some up. It took an hour. I was also given a room with a noisy external aircon unit close to my window, so was slept less well than usual. Were it not for this (fresh in my mind) experience, the rating would be higher.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Dear Roger N,

Thank you for the review, apologies for the noisy air con unit, i just wish you could have spoken to us whilst with us, as we could have moved you to another room.

I have pm'd you.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I booked this hotel as was convenient for the airport, When I arrived the reception was very busy but was not kept waiting as the staff dealt with checking in very efficiently. The room was for single occupancy / double room the room was very clean but looked cluttered due to the size of furniture to space available. The bathroom was adequate but a very small bath. I ate in the restaurant and found the service a little slow ,instead waiting just went to the bar to get a drink and remind them that I was waiting to be served. But the food I ordered was presented very well and of good quality/ taste which I enjoyed . As for sleep very good as the room I had was very quiet .

Room Tip: I spoke to a couple of people who said the rooms they were in were also quiet , the only problem I h...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear James S,

Thank you for the nice review, i hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I had stayed 2 nights at this hotel at the Heathrow Airport so we could catch our flight out easier than from Basildon where I had stayed for two weeks for work. Traffic can get really backed up on highway to the airport so I searched Expedia and found this gem and I'm pretty picky. Low price concerned me but pics and reviews on Trip advisor were very good so tried it and couldn't be happier. NICE hotel that is modern, clean and convenient location to bus stop to get to train station nearby to do sightseeing while in the area. Loved it! Restaurant is nice as well and served good food. Considering outside it's very loud when large jets are taking off and landing very closely since you ARE at the airport....the rooms were very quiet where you didn't hear the planes....only some hallway noise when people were walking by talking and not considering others in their rooms, but that seems to be the case in any hotel.

Room Tip: I was on second floor
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Kim B,

Thanks for the splendid review, i hope to see you again soon when over from Pennsylvania.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Crazy Las Vegas external appearance. Felt like we were in Calcutta as we were the only non Indian people that I saw. Not a problem except this could be a surprise for some people. Definitely v run down and not kept to normal Radisson Blu standards. Rooms and bathrooms are small with inferior bed/bath linens.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear juliapidge,

Thank you for your review, i have pm'd you.

I have to say that we are an international hotel that caters for everyone, no matter where they are from, and i can assure you that we are not run down either, but as i said i have pm'd you get some specific details from you, as you have not mentioned them here.

Craig Lawson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Sofitel London Heathrow
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!