US$133
PremierInn.com
US$143
  • Pool
5,420 results
All reviewssteak and lobsterbijou barindian restaurantcar parknext morningan upgradepublic areasan early flightreception staffdays parkingclose to the airportthe buschecking instayed here for one nightnight's sleepan overnight staybath road
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The Radisson is a huge, acceptable airport hotel. The rooms are adequate, but not large. We were surprised at the relative quiet given the proximity of Heathrow. Electronics can be charged at the desk, but there are no plugs at the nightstands. The free WiFi is a plus. The hotel had mishandled our reservation, having overbooked for the room type we reserved, but the desk staff resolved the issue to our satisfaction with a minimum of hassle. The H3 shuttle bus will get you from Heathrow to the Radisson (via all 3 terminals) for 5 pounds per person. If instead of taking the bus, you walk 100 feet or so from the H3 bus stop to the taxi stand, the taxi will get you the hotel directly without waiting for the bus and without extra stops for 10 to 12 pounds. If you arrange a cab thru the hotel to get to Heathrow it will be a 12 pound fixed fee. So, if you have 2 or more people, the taxi is a better way to go.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank southwind3
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear southwind3,

Thank you for the review, i'm glad you had a good stay.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

The hotel is nice. At the time there was a convention, but thankfully the guests weren't too loud and it was the end of it so it wasn't a problem. For dinner, I looked at all the menus and honestly nothing tempted me (not many pescetarian options, and those that there were didn't look like my sort of thing), so ended up going to dinner at the Marriott next door.
We stayed here because we had a flight at 10 (had to be at the airport at 7:00am), so I went to bed quite early (10pm) and was slightly irritated by passing guests who talked loudly in the hallways at midnight.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2014

Dear Emma W,

Thank you for your nice review, see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Service: Some of the staff had trouble communicating with me (I speak English), service was frequently slow and inattentive.

Price: Very expensive for food, lots of unexpected service charges on bill, lack of transparent pricing, drink prices outrageous.

Rooms: Comfy, large bed. No plug socket at one bedside. Curtains didn't fully reach across window. Not cleaned properly (we found hair on the shower wall on arrival which was still there after 'cleaning' and we have to remove it ourselves. Ick. Detailed cleaning around sides of bath/tap heads not done. On two mornings no mugs were left for tea. Not much space for hanging clothes for two people. Room a long way from lift. Hard to find way around building. Thin walls leaked noise during of conference.

Standard of food: inconsistent, generally not great although first night was fine. I don't think they coped with having a full hotel for the convention. Coffee not great. Milk all full fat and left on table for breakfast in advance. Our breakfast pancakes arrived cold one morning. Pizza completely different sizes one day to the next. Porridge too thin. Fruit was too tart - do they use grapefruit juice on the strawberries? Food of the faffed around with variety hard to please fussy folk like me.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thymetea
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear thymetea,

Thank you for your review, I have pm'd you for your room number and date of stay, although I note that you may have been at the convention (GEEKFEST 2014) that happened this weekend.

With regards to our pricing, we are clear about everything we do and the pricing is clearly listed in our Menus.

The mugs in your bedrooms are located under the TV, but as I said I have pm'd you so I can go and check the room out myself, once I get your number.

Most of our conference rooms have been refurbished, in fact one of the larger ones was only finished 30mins before the organisers wanted it.

Did you speak to anyone about your issues at the time? as we could have sorted these out for you, there and then.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

This hotel appears splendid when you first walk in. The concierge was very friendly and helpful and thus I was looking forward to a pleasant stay. Stand by for a rude awakening however. The first receptionist was rude and unhelpful talking down to me - luckily a colleague stepped in and check in was swiftly processed. (Must be having a bad day think I) The lobby and atrium above it are lovely and first impressions for the room was good. Spacious for London with a great comfy arm chair and a table and two chairs as well as the usual layout etc. The mini bar is one of those that charges you if you lift something out of it to look at it. (With a specialised diet I usually check ingredients on products so I simply ignored the mini bar for my stay.) Being next to the airport it is well sound proofed and sealed (at least to outside) but this makes the room stuffy and the aircon was very noisy. Sleep was very poor due to the stuffy nature of the room, terrible pillows and noisy neighbours. I should have realised that being next to the airport people walking up and down the corridor at 4am having loud conversations would be a consequence. Still you take all of this in your stride don't you?
I was not prepared for the surly and rude nature of many of the staff though. Waiting staff, bar staff etc were almost all terse, uncommunicative and unpleasant. One waitress asked what we wanted for breakfast then simply did nothing about it. A second waitress sorted the omission but did so monosyllabically and without apology. When my wife wanted coffee and I tea - well it was obviously very unreasonable for them to have to bring two pots to the table. How dare I? Other than the concierge and the second receptionist the staff were virtually all horrors.
Of course with it's location the bar is terribly expensive. The food was poor and service terrible but we made a great discovery in the form of a traditional pub, the Three Magpies just down the road. Classic pub grub admittedly but great service from friendly staff and extremely reasonable prices made it a haven away from feeling ill used and ripped off at the Radisson.
Not my idea of a good hotel at all yet obviously could be. Shame really.

Room Tip: Try and be at the end of a corridor. Of course it is a drag with the long walks etc but less likely to have travellers making noise outside your room in the middle of the night.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ThadeusT

Dear ThadeusT,

Thank you for your review, i have have pm'd you regadring you eventful stay with us, so i can get more information from you, such as date of stay & room number etc.

I'm not sure If spoke to anyone before leaving, but we could have sorted all this out for you there & then.

I will get to the bottom of this for you, once i get a bit more information from you.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

This is a very big hotel and also very expensive. we were given a complimentary drink voucher for the bar which we used but was presented with a bill of $20 on leaving, so not a free drink. We had one drink each. Breakfast was not included which is not great considering the price.

Room Tip: This is a very big hotel with long corridors.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Karen S,

Thank you for your review, i have just pm'd you for some more information regarding the drinks voucher and date of stay, as I can find out from your bill what happened. I'm presuming that you did not speak to anyone about it at the time, as we could have sorted it for you there & then.

If we have messed up, we will hold our hands up, but I will find out what happened.

With regards to the room rate, the rate & what is in included, depends on who you booked with and what package was chosen.

The are many great deals which include Breakfast if you book direct with us.

I look forward to hearing from you.