“Great hotel but small rooms”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Hayes
Toronto, Canada
“Great hotel but small rooms”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This hotel was very good and the rooms as they appear in the pictures, but they are very small and not well organised. The bathroom was better than expected and they have gorgeous products from San Francisco in convenient pumps. The bed was also very good. The hotel is also full of great amenities. It is a somewhat large hotel. However, the room was very small and it was a long hike to the room. I had no place to keep my luggage and the room was not well organised. There were inconvenient curved chairs which made it difficult to place anything in them. Also, getting to and fro the hotel was a huge hassle. I paid GBP 15 for a taxi to the hotel (including tip) and GBP 5 (one way) for the hotel hoppa on the return. The hotel hoppa was the better option. I realise that for the time and cost it would have been better to pay slightly more and stay at a more expensive hotel closer at the airport. Not worth the commute for me. Or even to pay slightly more for transport and stay at a hotel further away where I would get more space.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Zara Angelina M,

Thank you for your review, i have pm'd you to get some more information from you, such as room number.

As with most Hotels at the Airport, you have to get either the Hoppa, Taxi or a free London bus from T1,2 & 3.

See you again soon.

Craig

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (610)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2014

My partner and I stayed here the night before our early flight at Heathrow the next morning.

The lobby is huge and there was lots going on - it was very vibrant and had a good atmosphere. The hotel looks beautiful at night. Check in and check out was very quick and efficient.

The room was lovely with very good facilities. On the small side but expected for a city hotel. The decor in particular caught my eye! Very comfy bed and a good bathroom with a decent shower/bath. We had a lovely big window to watch the planes coming in! The noise of the airport wasn't much of an issue. We didn't use any of the facilities in the hotel (restaurants, spa etc.) but they looked popular.

We parked our car here whilst we were on holiday which was very good value for money and it seemed to be a very secure car park. On our return though the queue for reception was extremely large but we understood that this may have been a busy time with flights coming in/out etc and the staff responded to this by opening more desks. The man who served us on our return was very 'short' and abrupt and told us that he would 'let us out of the car park'. When we then tried to put our ticket into the machine it told us we hadn't paid so we had to press for assistance and the man at reception told us to validate our ticket at the machine. The machines were then not working, so my partner had to go all the way back into the hotel reception (where it was very busy still!) and wait to get his ticket validated! If we were told that we needed to validate our ticket at the reception desk when collecting our keys this would have saved us a lot of time. It was very late at night, we had just done a lot of travelling and wanted to get home ASAP.

This hotel is very good for the airport - the Hotel Hoppa bus stops right outside the hotel which is great.

A very good hotel for closeness to the airport and a bit of luxury before/after your holiday, but the service of the reception desk needs to improve for me to want to return.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear djaye14,

Thank you for the nice review, i will speak to the team re the ticket mishap.

Apologies for that, see you again soon.

Craig
California
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This is a Radisson airport hotel at best and should not be a Radisson Blu.

If you are expecting the "Blu" treatment, you'll be sorely disappointed!

The best thing that I can say about this hotel is that is convenient to the airport.

The room was tiny, dark and had warm water in the shower, not hot.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cwcharacters
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear cwcharacters,

Thank you for your review, i have pm'd you for some more information as there is a lack of detail here.

If you had spoken to someone at the time we could have amends.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My partner and I stayed here for 4 nights as part of a conference. The room was spacious, clean and neat, the Beds were very comfortable, firm mattresses with a decent thick mattress topper. They were also warm with more than enough pillows which were of a decent size and thickness (I hate thin pillows). Also with my back issues I often find hotel beds to be inadequate to my needs.. I have to say in this case i had no problems. The soundproofing was very good, I could barely hear the plane activity and slept soundly with no disruptions. The staff are polite and pleasant and receptive to any problems you might have or questions you might need answering.

The Wifi is free, which is nice, but I did find it intermittent with me being able to log on comfortably late at night or mid afternoon but struggling at other times - but as our conference had a large number of people all with WiFi enabled devices I put it down to over subscription.

I would recommend the Bed and Breakfast option to anyone. I found their breakfast to be quite amazing, fresh fruit, meats, cheeses, pastries and also the traditional cooked options. Again the staff are helpful and polite.

I did feel that the restaurant prices for Lunch and Dinner do seem to be a little steep for some of the more basic options. But there are other options in the local area.

I found my stay to be a very enjoyable one and If this hotel is a good example of the chain then I will be putting this chain of hotels on to my list of "hotels to use".

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear JudeTaylor,

Thank you for the lovely review, we have been boosting our WIFI signal over the past couple of weeks, so you should see a difference next time.

See you soon.

Thetford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Stayed at Edwardian Radisson Blu Hotel night before transatlantic flight to the west coast (USA). The staff were very accommodating, and the beds were incredibly comfortable. We heard no air traffic noise and therefore had a very restful night. The breakfast was incredible. Our only niggle would be that my husband was traveling with medication that needed refrigeration and there was no freezer in the room (there was a mini-bar for the medication). A staff member put his freezer packs into the "large" freezer, which, upon recover the next day, did not freeze them (because it was relatively empty). He apologized, and made us a bag of ice, but the packs should have been put into the small freezer. Lastly, we parked at the hotel because we had read that there were problems with the shuttle buses. It was easy enough to zip ourselves over to long term parking the next morning.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear SonChasers4,

Thank you for your kind review, i'm glad you had a good stay.

See you again soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night in July before a morning flight.Very convenient for the airport.Had to go in bathroom to get WiFi reception in our room as reception is poor.Restaurant prices are very expensive so nearby eateries are a better option.Parking is 14 pound overnight which is not good when hotels like Premier Inn offer free parking

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Paul B,

Thank you for your review, our WIFI has been upgraded, or should i say the signal has been boosted.

With regards to the parking, we are one of the most competitive compared to other hotels on the strip, I did take the liberty to check the parking cost at the three premier inns at Heathrow and they all charge for parking.

We do however have stay park & fly deals on our website should you wish to park here & fly away on Holiday, knowing your car is safe.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 20 August 2014

When in transit one does not need extra hassles as flying and travelling on the whole these days can be very trying. I had an early flight and there was complimentary tea and coffee in the lobby and that was a plus. The bus 140 from the central bus station is free and drops you right off at the hotel. As it was I was coming from the west country on a bus that had been caught in traffic. In the a.m. the Hoppa operator came into the lobby to make sure no one was left behind.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Dear reginamay2,

Thank you for the great review, see you again soon.

Craig Lawson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!