Shepiston Lodge Heathrow
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsneeded a place to staycomfortable bedsthe ground floorcerealheathrow
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I was looking for B&B to stay near Heathrow to get and didn't want to pay 100L a night.
So I was happy to find here through Tripadvisor.

The room was tiny but clean, which is ok for this price.
Also it's in a good location for the airport with a bus only a short distance away, which is good.

The reason why I never come back is....
Next morning I had to leave at 7:10am because of the flight so I needed to start my breakfast 10mins before the breakfast is started.
I knew it is a little bit earlier than 7am so I was trying to ask some stuff but no one was in the restaurant but it was already opened so I decided to have breakfast.
And I was going to have a bowl of cereals and then suddenly the stuff, he came up to me and snatched the bowl from me without saying anything.
I was shocked at how rude he was.

I hope they change their service.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank AiKondoh
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I stayed at Shepiston Lodge in June of 2013. It was my first trip to the UK, I was alone and frankly, a bit confused about a whole lot of things, not knowing what to expect and all. The room was small but served all my needs and was fairly inexpensive compared to what others wanted to charge.The free wi-fi was welcomed. Let's face it, I can't live without wi-fi and paying outrageous roaming charges was not in the plan. A continental breakfast was served each morning, providing enough fuel to venture and explore. The water was hot whenever i managed to return, the walk to the train station wasn't bad either. There was hot food about a block away, and when I needed to relax with a beer and a cigarette, I could sit in the back of the establishment and chit chat.

Pat and Brian , the proprietors, were two of the nicest people I have ever met. I plan on going back to the UK next year and shall definitely book a room with them.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

All of the staff is really nice, I just wish it was closer to downtown. Continental breakfast is included,there are a couple pubs nearby but in order to get to town you have to take two buses and the tube

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Me and my boyfriend needed a last minute pace to stay on Saturday for our touristy trip to London and booked to stay here. Although it was quite far from the centre of London, we found it perfect! The room had everything we needed and I had one of the best nights sleep I've ever had. Would recommend it and would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KeeleyPatt
Reviewed 5 June 2013

It is difficult to portray this property, and it is important to recognise that when it comes to the overnight charge the price is very very good. The plus points include the fact that it is easy to get to Heathrow from this place and they have a good sized car park that is free. Quite a novelty in this area where hotels frequently ask £10 to £20 to tell you they will not be liable for any damage to your car they charge you lots of money to park. For us this meant we could return our hire car the morning of the flight with no extra cost. The room was large enough and thankfully on the ground floor. The heating was turned off so it was a little chilly. The bathroom layout made use of every square inch but everything worked and there was a good powerful shower. I was surprised to be told they didn't do food in the evening, and the bar opened "whenever" so we were faced with going out for our evening meal. This did turn out well however as a good venue, the great Western Pub is close by. Upon our return I went to the bar which is very laid back and inexpensive. Many patrons were eating take away meals in there so it is good to know you can do that.
Breakfast was not great but enough. So, clean, convenient inexpensive and did the job. Would I use it again? Not sure.

Room Tip: Ground floor no lifts
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple