“You get what you pay for!”

Ibis London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Hayes
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Really, that saying is true in this case. Really affordable accommodation in London is hard to find, but the Ibis manages to stay affordable. A clean and fairly comfortable bed is supplied however, barely any spare room so definitely just a base to sleep here. My room was a bit shabby, but was very happy not to hear any airplane noise (or other noise for that matter). I had to walk a very long way to locate my room along many long corridors which could be a problem for less able travellers. The breakfast was average and sufficient. The hoppa buses took longer than expected.

Room Tip: Request a room closer to a lift if you have lots of luggage or difficulty walking.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Heathroww, General Manager at Ibis London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Ibis Heathrow in the future.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

We stayed here before our flight to Canada to break up the journey. When we checked in it went okay. The lobby is fine and clean looking. Our room was up on the fourth floor and the whole corrider smelt like ciggeratte smoke and looked run down and tired. the room itself was rundown with a greasy ,dirty, black mark that went all the way along the top of the beds headrest. The room was run down and the noise from the air vent in the bathroom was really loud so we rang down to reception to be told nothing they can do and it doesnt switch off .The staff were disinterested and nonchalant on front desk when we told them about this.We asked to change room but apparantly that wasnt possible because they were all the same.It was the worst nights sleep ive ever had!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Heathroww, General Manager at Ibis London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating this matter. Please feel free to contact me to discuss this further.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

We stayed in a family room prior to a flight. Room was very clean comfortable and well laid out, our daughter was delighted to have her own TV and a wall dividing the beds. The staff were helpful and the bus to the airport convenient. Amazed that we could watch the planes from the window but couldn't hear a sound.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank FamilyB45

Kind regards,

Reviewed 16 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the IBIS, Heathrow as an overnight stay before flying to Singapore.

It's your typical budget hotel...Nothing wrong with that, and for the £38 we paid you don't expect much more than a bed!

The room was slightly dated, but had superficial contemporary additions to try and bring it into the 21st century. Again, before judging this place think of what most hotels will set you back in Airport locations!!!

Upon check-in we were asked if we'd like breakfast which we declined (early flight). For those who want to make the most of the facilities there's a restaurant selling no frills meals. They did have an offer on which I recall being: 3 course meal, a drink, and brekki for £25.... When I did a quick tote up it worked out your breakfast was the freebie (normally £9ish).

If you chose to use the bar have deep pockets, for a bottled beer (London Pride), small Lemonade and 3 bags of crisps it was £11 - Value?? Nope.. To be expected.. Yeah, I guess so!

All in all the hotel was fit for purpose and those seeking a relatively cheap over night stay before flying should definitely consider this place!

PS - Bed was comfy and sheets clean = Me happy!!! :)

Enjoy!!!

• Stayed: March 2013

Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us. See you on your next trip hopefully!

Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

This was a great, cheap and clean hotel to spend the night at before a long flight back home. Room was bigger than I expected, big comfy bed and doona. Bathroom compact but clean. The water did taste a bit strange though. The hotel has a restaurant downstairs which has a nice range of food at non-rip-off prices. The wifi is 10 pounds for 24 hours. Despite paying for wifi this is a great value hotel and ill stay here again next time if I have an overnight stop for sure!

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Ibis Heathrow. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

My husband and i stayed for one night at this hotel prior to an early flight from Heathrow.
I got an excellent price due to booking well in advance.
Our room was very clean and well equipped, although there is'nt a "proper" wardrobe, but seeing as we were only here for one night this was'nt an issue.
We did not eat at the hotel, we went next door to a bowling alley and had a burger, but there appeared to be plenty of people eating in the hotel.
We had a few drinks in the bar area, found the prices to be reasonable for the area.
All the staff we met were friendly and polite.
We found the the hotel easy to get to via public transport, and the shuttle bus was convienient for the airport.
We wouldnt hesitate to use this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank soniaroberts05
Heathroww, General Manager at Ibis London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

Thank you for posting your review, I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

For 2 separate nights before and after my recent trip to India this quiet hotel more than filled the bill. 10 mins from Terminal 3 by hoppa bus was a bonus. The beds are especially comfortable with good quality pillows and crisp linen which is important to me. After Indian hardness they were pure bliss!! The restaurant and bar are both good....not cordon bleu but nicely presented and tasty and the drinks were not the usual hiked hotel prices. I would recommend this good value hotel to any traveller. Have now booked the Ibis at Gatwick for my next trip!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank vessiem

Thank you for posting your feedback, I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit to Ibis Heathrow, and I wish you a pleasant stay at Ibis Gatwick.

Richard Lee

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel
Mercure London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (M4/J4) Hotel

Been to Ibis London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!