“Close to the airport! Free bus to/from the airport”

Ibis London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Hayes
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed here during our overnight layover. The city bus will pick you up at Heathrow and drop you off very close to the hotel making our layover effortless. The hotel was clean and roomy. The shower door (or lack thereof) was super weird... there was no curtain or door on the shower so you have to use a lot of towels to dry the floor after your shower. It wasn't a big deal, I had just never seen a hotel shower like that before. Overall it was a great hotel and I would definitely stay here again if I were in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
IbisHeathrowGM, General Manager at Ibis London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you for posting your feedback, and I am pleased that you had a good stay with us at Ibis London Heathrow Airport.

For the benefit of other readers I would like to mention that the free bus is a local service operated by TFL. The free buses run between Heathrow Central Station to Harlington Corner which is a two minute walk to the hotel (bus numbers 105,111,140). Alternativley, the Hotel Hoppa Bus operates a door to door service directly from the terminals for £4.50 per person (bus H6 or H56)

Richard Lee

Write a ReviewReviews (4,559)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I stayed here for one night following several days of business in central London. I thought it would be easier to stay close to Heathrow for an early morning flight. In hindsight, I would have been better off staying in the city and taking the tube straight to Heathrow. It is a bit of a hassle to get to and from the airport from the budget hotels in the area. It requires a paid shuttle bus that makes lots of stops. I had to take the tube to Heathrow, walk to the shuttle bus terminal, wait 20 minutes for the bus, pay for the service, then take a relativily long ride to the hotel.

The hotel itself is a fairly typical airport budget hotel. The room was clean and quiet, but very simple. The restaurant was fine for a quick meal, and the price was ok. The only problem is that they didn't honor my reservation becuase it wasn't secured with a credit card. Another customer right before me had the exact same problem. This is odd becuase the reservation system at the hotel's own website didn't ask for a credit card during the reservation process. Nor did they ever e-mail, text, or call seeking a card to confirm. So I was quite surprised at check in when they said my reservation was cancelled, but I could still stay there for a 15 GBP sur-charge over my reservation rate. This is a bad practice and one not used by other international chains, so I will go to Ibis competitors in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for posting your review, we value all the feedback we receive and have noted your comments.

I am sorry if you found it difficult to reach the hotel. We are just 1.2 miles from the central terminal area (T1& T3). In addition to the Hoppa Bus which is a chargeable fare and shared with other hotels, there are also free buses to Harlington Corner which is next to the hotel (Numbers 105,111,&140 from Heathrow Central), and taxis are also easily available from the airport terminals. I am sorry if you experienced a difficult or delayed journey to reach us.

Unfortunately I cannot retrieve your reservation details through Tripadvisor so I am unable to check the issue with your reservation and rate. Our standard policy is to release all non-guaranteed reservations at 14:00, however it is normally mandatory to enter your card details when booking on our website, so I am not sure why this was not the case when you booked. If you would like to contact me with your reservation details then of course I would be happy to look into this issue for you.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Not the closest hotel to Heathrow but relatively easy to get to using the hoppa bus service. Standard Ibis room, clean, quiet and comfortable. If you like eating a healthy (non fatty / oily option) main meal then eat elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
IbisHeathrowGM, General Manager at Ibis London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry that you did not find enough healthy options on our restaurant menu, we do offer several low-calorie meals which are marked as healthy choices, and we plan to extend this range of dishes on our new menu which starts in December.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Admittedly I booked this fairly last minute, so the prices were never going to be a bargain. However, at just over £65/night for a pokey room (not even any space to open medium sized suitcase except on the bed), I wish I had stayed in a Travelodge or Premier Inn. To then be charged a further £24 for overnight parking (as we arrived very late) and to have to pay a further £10 for breakfast, all adds up to a low value stay.

When arriving at the Ibis Heathrow the main reception area is very spacious and the staff were welcoming and friendly. It was upon reaching the room, that one realises how basic and outdated the hotel is. As I said, pokey tiny room, the furnishings and decor are functionally challenged. Except for a small supply of in-room tea / coffee and a flat screen TV, nothing else in the room.

Bed, duvet and pillows did the job. Bathroom was adequate, although the small bath with over-bath shower was slippery and a potential safety hazard (having a sign informing me that bath safety mats are available at reception, not much good when I'm stood butt-naked in the bath!). Best part of the stay (except leaving!), was the free wifi, always comes in handy.

Would I recommend the Ibis Heathrow to family and friends? Never!

Room Tip: There are better options close to Heathrow Airport.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for posting your review, but I am sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations; we have noted your comments accordingly. However, I would like to clarify that our room facilities are comparable with the competitors you mention, and indeed we offer some facilities such as Free Wi-Fi, Tea & Coffee Facilities, Telephones etc. which they do not provide; generally our prices compare favourably too and are very competitive for the Heathrow area. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back next time you stay at Heathrow.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

have stayed here many times and it has changed very little. clean rooms and public areas, large car park, friendly bar and pub type café restaurant which serves a good value buffet breakfast. rooms are small but with everything you need including a full size bath tub. hotel is right on the boundary if the heathrow free bus zone and easy to get to terminals 1,2 and 3 with services to t4 and t5 about hourly within three or four minutes walk along bath road (see traveline website for info)

Room Tip: all rooms I have used have been the same
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review, I am pleased that you are happy with the hotel and find us reliable, clean and comfortable. We appriciate your loyalty to the hotel, and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Stayed here following a late flight from Kathmandu and found the service and quality good for an airport hotel, it was clean and tidy and the breakfast excellent especially after airline food. Would definitely stay there again. Although search online for a good deal.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the feedback, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and especially your breakfast. To get the best deal on your next stay, you will always find our best prices on our own website ibishotel.com

Richard Lee

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel
Mercure London Heathrow Hotel
1 mi away
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport

Been to Ibis London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!