“Close to the airport, but not very comfortable.”

Ibis London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Hayes
GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“Close to the airport, but not very comfortable.”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Wasn't expecting too much from an Ibis, and I was flying out the next morning fairly early, but as I got there to check-in, a busload of tourists was just lining up at the desk. It was about 9pm, and they went through each individual in the group (many of whom were obviously supposed to be grouped together, according to their leader, but were not really following directions). I wasn't checked in until an hour later.
Since things had been delayed, I got a last minute meal from the hotel restaurant, a sandwich and chips. It too took an exceptionally long time, and was somewhat bland and cold upon delivery.
The room itself was fine, clean-ish, but there were some long hairs still on the duvet. The shower was good though, and I got my wakeup call, and easy bus to Heathrow.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Erica B
IbisHeathrowGM, General Manager at Ibis London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I appreciate all feedback that we receive, whether positive or negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. I am sorry for the shortfall in service you experienced, I have noted your comments and will review them with our team accordingly.

I hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to Ibis Heathrow for a better experience on your next visit.

Richard Lee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay. Room was clean quiet and comfortable. The negative was in the morning when I woken up with my back covered In bites from bed bugs. I did not report it as I did not have time as i had a flight to catch.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank j_m_debono
Thank you for your review and for the message you sent us via our Guest Satisfaction Survey.

We treat any suspicion of bed bugs very seriously and we have had the room inspected by our independent pest control company who have advised there was no evidence of pest activity at the time of their visit; we will reply to your email directly with a copy of their report for your records. I would like to assure other readers that the hotel has never had any issues with pest infestations, and that our rooms are treated with a preventative treatment for bed bugs which would kill them off if they were to be accidentally brought into the hotel from an outside source.

I am pleased that the rest of your stay was more satisfactory, and I hope that you will visit us again next time you stay at Heathrow. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel if I can be of any further assistance.

Bodmin
Reviewed 7 January 2014

After a long trip from Singapore we stayed at the Ibis. Expectations were not very high due to the very low cost, but we were pleasantly surprised. Decent bedrooms and friendly staff. The late bar snack was very good for 9pm and the breakfast was superb. I was a bit surprised to be paying £12 for overnight parking but I suppose it is London!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
IbisHeathrowGM, General Manager at Ibis London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay at Ibis Heathrow, and I hope that you will visit us again next time you travel from Heathrow Airport.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I only spent a night here and arrived quite late so it was just a quick bite to eat, bed, then an early start.

The staff were polite and helpful and the food was pretty decent too. Room was what you'd expect for an ibis with enough space and the bathroom had a shower and bath tub. It was very quiet and got a few good hours sleep.

My only gripe is that I asked for an early wake-up call and there didn't seem to be any problem with this upon requesting. I even watched the receptionist write down the time in her book. Did the call come? No. Luckily enough I did set my own alarm but it still irked me a little bit.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
IbisHeathrowGM, General Manager at Ibis London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments. I am sorry that you did not recieve your wakeup call, unfortunatley we did have a technical problem with our wakeup call system which has now been resolved. I am glad that the rest of your stay was more satisfactory, and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

GOOD POINTS
-Me and my boyfriend stayed here when visiting London because inner city hotels were too expensive. I'd highly recommend this hotel if you're in London on a break, as you can get a short taxi ride to T5 and then the underground into the city.
-Hotel itself is luxurious and we travel a lot, so we've stayed in many airport hotels in our time. This was by far the best. Yes the rooms are small, but oh well. You get what you pay for!
-Food in the restaurant was a little pricey so we walked across the road to McDonald's. Very conveniently placed :D
-Reception area is really good. Big comfy sofas even though it has a very posh design. Totally different to other airport hotels.

BAD POINTS
-There was a rowdy wedding party on one night. We were eating in the restaurant and could hear the loud music from the function room. Unfortunately some of the wedding party were staying in the hotel room opposite ours and at 3am, they woke us up by arguing in the corridor. We had to call reception but thankfully they sent someone to sort it out.
-We asked reception which was the best way to get to Thorpe Park and they looked on the Internet and then booked us a taxi which was £40 one way, even though Thorpe Park is minutes away to the airport. I thought this was ridiculous considering we are a young couple on a budget. When we got to Thorpe Park we asked at the help desk and they said there was a bus that ran from the theme park gate to the airport for £2 one way, so we did that on the way home. If the staff at the hotel had told us that before we would have saved £36!

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pinkkoala20
Thank you for sharing your experience of Ibis Heathrow, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that you will choose to stay with us again next time you are in the area.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Stayed here overnight enroute back to Belfast the next day. Knowing that it's budget hotel, did not expect too much out of it. Free bus from Central Bus Station (informed by the helpful young lad at the enquiry counter @ the bus station - Thanks to him)
Checked in late evening. When I arrived at the reception counter, it was a bit busy so I waited for my turn in queue. The people did not seem to be queueing. There were 2/3 receptionists, but after waited for 5 minutes, the staff were too busy chatting amongst themselves and I seemed to be totally invisible to them! Then there were customers who came after me and was served there and then, the customers were familiar to the staff, so again they chat, smiled while serving them. This is when I got annoyed because I was standing in front of the counter saying 'reception' and not being served at all! At the end I could not be bothered waiting, so I just have to call one of the receptionist to check in. One of the worst experience I had, feeling so embarrassed especially when one by one of the customers went to their room except me! Not good when you have to get attention of the receptionist just to check into the hotel. Those receptionists had a lot to learn about customer services - poor queue management and lack of attention
Room was clean, not very good noise insulation especially early in the morning.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I appreciate all feedback that we receive, whether positive or negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. I am sorry for the shortfall in service you experience at reception, I have noted your comments and will review them with our front office team accordingly.

Gibraltar
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Good solid airport hotel

Many to choose from but this one offers really really good value

Taxi service has office in hotel so very practical to get to terminals for just £10

All in all a good hotel

Warm rooms

Good beds

Good soundproofing too

Really pleasant reception staff too

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank adrianlima
Thank you for posting your review. My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Heathrow.

Richard Lee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel

Been to Ibis London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!