“very convenient”

Ibis London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Hayes
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Stayed here while on a forced layover. The airline put us up there and provided a bus and fed us. Very functional hotel if you need somewhere to stay for a night that is near the airport. Beds were fine (two singles) and hotel was quiet. We ate in the restaurant at 1:15am and the fish and chips was OK. We had a lot of bags and the room was small, so we had to climb over them to get to the beds. Its on the Hotel Hoppa route which takes about 15 mins and runs every 20 minutes (warning... this does not run after 11:30pm). Overall just what you need for a layover.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
IbisHeathrowGM, General Manager at Ibis London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry to hear that your journey was disrupted but I am pleased you enjoyed your stay in our hotel, even if it was unexpected. I hope that you will choose to visit us again next time you stay in this area.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

The Heathrow IBIS has become my go-to hotel for layovers when passing through Heathrow. Its close to Terminal 3 and the beds are comfortable. The beds are large with the result that there’s hardly any space left in the rooms. For a one night stay, its not a problem. The rooms are well sound-proofed. In fact, you have to be careful not to bang your nose against the inner glass window as I did a couple of times.

A small grumble relates to checking in early. I arrived one hour before check in and asked if I could check in early. I was allowed to do that for a 10 pound charge (I had prepaid) - and I very much appreciated it. However, I had no sooner paid than a guest approached the desk asking to check out late (after 2 pm as best as I can recall) and they were granted their extra stay for no extra charge. Had I known that was going to happen, I'd have sat in the lobby for an hour.

Not directly related to the IBIS but one discovery from my latest visit worth mentioning is the Pheasant Inn which serves good pub grub and which is located about a mile away. Just walk west towards McDonalds and then turn right on New Rd. It’ll take 15-20 mins.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank scd_martin
IbisHeathrowGM, General Manager at Ibis London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Thank you for sharing your review, I am glad that you had a good stay with us and pleased that we have become your perferred hotel at Heathrow.
Regarding the check-in & checkout times, our standard times are check-in from 12 midday and checkout by 12 midday the next day, if any guests wish to extend these times either with early arrival or late departure we do offer to extend these times for a small charge, or some of our loyalty cards offer this for free as a benefit.
I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Ibis Heathrow again soon.

Richard Lee

P.S. I agree with your comments about the Pheasant Inn - it is an excellent pub!

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Sorry in advance my review is a bit long.

This is my 3rd stay in this hotel. My husband and I were in London for the new year eve so booked 2 nights from 31Dec 2013 to 02 Jan 2014 separately. I mean I made two reservations 1 night each. The 1st night (check in 31/12/13) was booked from hotels.com and the 2nd (check in 01/01/14) was booked from accorhotels.com because of the price. When arrived to London we did not go to the hotel directly and decided not to go before the firework finished i.e. after midnight. I personally called the hotel to let them know that we will be late and wont check in before midnight and give my details to make sure they keep my reservation despite the fact that both reservations were fully pre-paid and non-refundable. The receptionist on the phone told me that fine we can check in at any time.

We arrived to the hotel at 04.00 ish am. The receptionist told me that we are too late and we had booked 2 nights and I said yes we had. The check in process was longer than usual but finally we had the keys. On the next day our room was not made up while we were out the room until 11.00 ish pm. I called the reception to find out why and he said you checked in at 09.00 am that morning. I said you mean because i have 2 different reservations and he said yes. I did not discussed the issue further because we were very tired and needed tosleep.
The room was too hot on that night so we turned the air conditioner on. At 08.00 ish am on 02/01/14, the door knocked although the Do not disturb sign was placed on the door. I thought we over slept and missed the check out time which is at 12.00 pm. Open the door and was a man saying that the air conditioner appeared on in the reception is there any problem?
I could not believe he woke us up to ask such question!!

We checked out and took the invoice of the stay from 01/01/14 to 02/01/14 as that night only the eligible for the Le Club (the loyalty programme of Accor hotels) points. The point have not been credited yet and i found that my reservation through accorhotels.com was cancelled. I claimed the missing points and they told me that my stay was booked through an agent so not eligible for earning points which is very disappointing. If you are collecting these points be aware of such issues.

We parked our car in the hotel's car park that costs £12 per night. We found a car park just next to the hotel (for the Bowling) advertising all day parking for £5.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sofiah123

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I appreciate all feedback that we receive, whether positive or negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. I am sorry for the shortfall in service you experienced, I have noted your comments and will review them with our team accordingly.

I hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to Ibis Heathrow for a better experience on your next visit.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Wasn't expecting too much from an Ibis, and I was flying out the next morning fairly early, but as I got there to check-in, a busload of tourists was just lining up at the desk. It was about 9pm, and they went through each individual in the group (many of whom were obviously supposed to be grouped together, according to their leader, but were not really following directions). I wasn't checked in until an hour later.
Since things had been delayed, I got a last minute meal from the hotel restaurant, a sandwich and chips. It too took an exceptionally long time, and was somewhat bland and cold upon delivery.
The room itself was fine, clean-ish, but there were some long hairs still on the duvet. The shower was good though, and I got my wakeup call, and easy bus to Heathrow.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Erica B
IbisHeathrowGM, General Manager at Ibis London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Enjoyed our stay. Room was clean quiet and comfortable. The negative was in the morning when I woken up with my back covered In bites from bed bugs. I did not report it as I did not have time as i had a flight to catch.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank j_m_debono

Thank you for your review and for the message you sent us via our Guest Satisfaction Survey.

We treat any suspicion of bed bugs very seriously and we have had the room inspected by our independent pest control company who have advised there was no evidence of pest activity at the time of their visit; we will reply to your email directly with a copy of their report for your records. I would like to assure other readers that the hotel has never had any issues with pest infestations, and that our rooms are treated with a preventative treatment for bed bugs which would kill them off if they were to be accidentally brought into the hotel from an outside source.

I am pleased that the rest of your stay was more satisfactory, and I hope that you will visit us again next time you stay at Heathrow. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

After a long trip from Singapore we stayed at the Ibis. Expectations were not very high due to the very low cost, but we were pleasantly surprised. Decent bedrooms and friendly staff. The late bar snack was very good for 9pm and the breakfast was superb. I was a bit surprised to be paying £12 for overnight parking but I suppose it is London!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
IbisHeathrowGM, General Manager at Ibis London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay at Ibis Heathrow, and I hope that you will visit us again next time you travel from Heathrow Airport.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I only spent a night here and arrived quite late so it was just a quick bite to eat, bed, then an early start.

The staff were polite and helpful and the food was pretty decent too. Room was what you'd expect for an ibis with enough space and the bathroom had a shower and bath tub. It was very quiet and got a few good hours sleep.

My only gripe is that I asked for an early wake-up call and there didn't seem to be any problem with this upon requesting. I even watched the receptionist write down the time in her book. Did the call come? No. Luckily enough I did set my own alarm but it still irked me a little bit.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
IbisHeathrowGM, General Manager at Ibis London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments. I am sorry that you did not recieve your wakeup call, unfortunatley we did have a technical problem with our wakeup call system which has now been resolved. I am glad that the rest of your stay was more satisfactory, and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Richard Lee

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel
Mercure London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (M4/J4) Hotel

Been to Ibis London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!