“Lucky to be stuck here...”

Ibis London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Hayes
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

Thanks to a missed connection at Heathrow, we were put up in the Ibis for the night. At first, we felt inconvenienced...but then realized we were in London for a night and that's not a bad place to be! The Ibis was a nice stay. The staff was wonderful, the food was good and the rooms were clean and comfortable, although a bit small. When I walked in to the room,I felt like I was in a cruise ship cabin...it's that small. But who hangs out in the room in London? We took the train from the airport and saw all the sights. Buckingham Palace and Big Ben were the high points. Getting back to the room exhausted, we had a comfortable nights sleep, a great breakfast buffet in the hotel in the morning and made sure to catch the shuttle (right outside the front door) in time to make the flight home. Overall, I would say the Ibis was more than adequate for travelers staying in a airport hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
IbisHeathrowGM, General Manager at Ibis London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am pleased that you made the most of your unexpected stay in London, and that you were happy with the accommodation at Ibis Heathrow. I hope that you will come back to visit us again for a planned visit in the future to see more of London. I hope that you had a better journey the next day for the rest of your trip.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

It was easy to travel to and fro the airport via the hotel hoppa buses. I found service to be pretty good. I found my room to be very comfortable and it was good that there was a bath in the bathroom. Food was very reasonably priced I thought for a hotel and overall I felt nicely refreshed to take a long haul flight the next day.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Carole S
IbisHeathrowGM, General Manager at Ibis London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience, I am pleased that you had a nice stay with us at Ibis Heathrow. I hope that you will visit us again next time you come to London.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I stayed here with passengers attending The Royal Albert Hall for a Carol Service just before Christmas. The rooms were very small but clean and had everything needed. The bathroom again, very small and basic but clean. We were expecting a continental breakfast but to everyone's delight we had a fantastic full English which was really very good. The staff were all helpful and professional. For a one night stay, I have no problem at all with this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and especially the breakfast. I hope that you will visit us again soon.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 11 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Lynher

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Stayed here while on a forced layover. The airline put us up there and provided a bus and fed us. Very functional hotel if you need somewhere to stay for a night that is near the airport. Beds were fine (two singles) and hotel was quiet. We ate in the restaurant at 1:15am and the fish and chips was OK. We had a lot of bags and the room was small, so we had to climb over them to get to the beds. Its on the Hotel Hoppa route which takes about 15 mins and runs every 20 minutes (warning... this does not run after 11:30pm). Overall just what you need for a layover.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
IbisHeathrowGM, General Manager at Ibis London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry to hear that your journey was disrupted but I am pleased you enjoyed your stay in our hotel, even if it was unexpected. I hope that you will choose to visit us again next time you stay in this area.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

The Heathrow IBIS has become my go-to hotel for layovers when passing through Heathrow. Its close to Terminal 3 and the beds are comfortable. The beds are large with the result that there’s hardly any space left in the rooms. For a one night stay, its not a problem. The rooms are well sound-proofed. In fact, you have to be careful not to bang your nose against the inner glass window as I did a couple of times.

A small grumble relates to checking in early. I arrived one hour before check in and asked if I could check in early. I was allowed to do that for a 10 pound charge (I had prepaid) - and I very much appreciated it. However, I had no sooner paid than a guest approached the desk asking to check out late (after 2 pm as best as I can recall) and they were granted their extra stay for no extra charge. Had I known that was going to happen, I'd have sat in the lobby for an hour.

Not directly related to the IBIS but one discovery from my latest visit worth mentioning is the Pheasant Inn which serves good pub grub and which is located about a mile away. Just walk west towards McDonalds and then turn right on New Rd. It’ll take 15-20 mins.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank scd_martin

Thank you for sharing your review, I am glad that you had a good stay with us and pleased that we have become your perferred hotel at Heathrow.
Regarding the check-in & checkout times, our standard times are check-in from 12 midday and checkout by 12 midday the next day, if any guests wish to extend these times either with early arrival or late departure we do offer to extend these times for a small charge, or some of our loyalty cards offer this for free as a benefit.
I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Ibis Heathrow again soon.

Richard Lee

P.S. I agree with your comments about the Pheasant Inn - it is an excellent pub!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel
Mercure London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (M4/J4) Hotel

Been to Ibis London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!