We stayed the night before flying rather than brave the M25 in rush hour. Right decision but wrong hotel.
We have stayed in Ibis hotels in France and we have always found them good value and whilst basic offered good value for money. Sadly I could not recommend the Ibis at Heathrow. I will split the review into two parts in relation to the room and the restaurant.
As far as the room was concerned it was typical Ibis. Except for the large number of cobwebs behind the pelmet and curtains, the mould on the silicon round the bath and the toilet flush that was loose and nearly broken. Details but not what I would expect. However the bed was comfortable and the room quiet.
The restaurant was however very poor. The food was ok but my wife found a piece of plastic in her fish pie. When we raised this with the waitress she picked in ip sniffed at it and told us it was a piece of fish. She said she would speak to the chef but if she did she never got back to us.
The restaurant was not busy and so there was probably 1 waitress for 2 tables. However getting anyone to serve was almost impossible. I wanted a pudding but gave up as know one was interested in helping us. So we asked for the bill but even had to wait for that and in the end had to go to the desk to pay.
Foolishly we decided we would have a coffee at the bar. However if the restaurant was over staffed the bar was under, just one person serving so the wait was just ridiculous.
Breakfast was good but overall not a happy experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis Hotel Heathrow is 1.2 Miles from terminals 1,2,3 & 4, and 4 miles from Terminal 5. The Hoppa bus goes every 20 minutes to & from the airport costing £5; take H6 from T1/2/3 or H56 from T4/5. There are also free local buses from Heathrow Central to Harlington Corner which is 2 min walk to hotel (buses 105/111/140). Central London is 15 minutes by train on Heathrow Express or 45min by tube on the Piccadilly line. Guests driving must register car at reception as we operate a ticketless carpark using ANPR cameras and parking costs £12 per day. Please use UB35AN for Satnav Ibis Hotel Heathrow offers 356 comfortable ensuite rooms, with Free Wifi, air-cooling, tea & coffee facilities and Freeview TV channels. Foggs Kitchen & Bar is located on the ground floor and is open 24 hours per day. Our breakfast buffer is served from 06:30-10:00 everyday, with a light continental breakfast served from 04:00 to 06:30 for early risers, or 10:00-12:00 for late risers. The bar menu is served midday to midnight with a range of international dishes, and the main restaurant is open 17:30 to 22:15 for dinner service. We also serve soft drinks and hot bar meals 24/7 - perfect if you are arriving from a late flight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Ibis London Heathrow Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis London Heathrow Airport Hotel Hayes
- Ibis Hotel Hayes
- Accor London Heathrow Airport
- Ibis London Heathrow Airport Hayes, Greater London