With an early flight out of Heathrow on January 2nd, I decided to book at the Ibis for the night before due to its cost and location. The hotel is also served by the Heathrow Hoppa, and the local bus stops are very close, so that was a plus. My sister and I had wanted to stay for New Year’s Eve in Central London, as we were attending a West End show. We found that all the affordable hotels were booked and that the only availability rooms began at over 250 pounds or were in hotels whose reviews all stated clearly: Don’t stay at this hotel! So we decided that we would be better off traveling an hour each way to stay at the Ibis for both nights. We would not have to change hotels or lug our suitcases, which were big plusses, so we made a compromise. The rate for the two nights was only 94 pounds, which was also a huge plus—less than a single night in the city.
The first sign that things were going to go very well was when we arrived at 11 in the morning and there was a room already available. We were able to check in immediately and not have to leave our luggage at the reception. Then the receptionist told us that the local bus to Heathrow was free. I suppose that it is easier for London Transport to offer free services than to deal with so many clueless tourists. The trip to the airport to catch the tube to London took less than 10 minutes. Heathrow to Piccadilly was exactly 50 minutes. After a long day in London, we ended up coming back to the hotel before midnight, primarily due to the weather. We decided that we would celebrate by watching the festivities on tv in our warm hotel room. After a long hot shower with terrific water pressure (rare in England), we had great seats for the fireworks show. The beds were basic but comfortable. The only problem was that there was a good bit of noise in the halls after midnight. The second night was very quiet. The breakfast buffet was excellent. I took advantage of the early riser’s continental breakfast the morning of our departure and was only charged 3 pounds, even though the cooked breakfast had been brought out while I ate.
My sister had decided that we would be better off with a taxi for 15 pounds rather than the Hoppa for 8, so she booked it the night before for 6:30 am. It turned out that the hotel ran a private shuttle, which took us directly to Terminal 4. When my sister handed the driver the 15 pounds, he gave her back 10! This turned out much better than getting the Hoppa to the main terminal and then having to take the airport shuttle to our terminal.
All in all, it was an excellent stay. The hotel was being refurbished, but we never saw any evidence of it. We had the ground floor room next to the stairwell, but aside from the (somewhat predictable) New Year’s Eve revelry, we were not disturbed by the noise. We heard no airport noise whatsoever due to the double glazing of the windows.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis Hotel Heathrow is 1.2 Miles from terminals 1,2,3 & 4, and 4 miles from Terminal 5. The Hoppa bus goes every 20 minutes to & from the airport costing £5; take H6 from T1/2/3 or H56 from T4/5. There are also free local buses from Heathrow Central to Harlington Corner which is 2 min walk to hotel (buses 105/111/140). Central London is 15 minutes by train on Heathrow Express or 45min by tube on the Piccadilly line. Guests driving must register car at reception as we operate a ticketless carpark using ANPR cameras and parking costs £12 per day. Please use UB35AN for Satnav Ibis Hotel Heathrow offers 356 comfortable ensuite rooms, with Free Wifi, air-cooling, tea & coffee facilities and Freeview TV channels. Foggs Kitchen & Bar is located on the ground floor and is open 24 hours per day. Our breakfast buffer is served from 06:30-10:00 everyday, with a light continental breakfast served from 04:00 to 06:30 for early risers, or 10:00-12:00 for late risers. The bar menu is served midday to midnight with a range of international dishes, and the main restaurant is open 17:30 to 22:15 for dinner service. We also serve soft drinks and hot bar meals 24/7 - perfect if you are arriving from a late flight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Ibis London Heathrow Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis London Heathrow Airport Hotel Hayes
- Ibis Hotel Hayes
- Accor London Heathrow Airport
- Ibis London Heathrow Airport Hayes, Greater London