“Smart, clean, comfortable.”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Smart, clean, comfortable.”
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

I spent two nights at this hotel. The service, from a very friendly and helpful gentleman at check-in to the restaurant staff even to the lady who manned the hotel's Starbucks counter was top notch. The room was spacious enough, very comfortable and well-equipped. I would stay here again, no doubt.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Farrah A, Guest Relations Manager at London Heathrow Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel!

I will certainly ensure our staff receive this feedback, and it is lovely to hear you received the excellent service we aim to provide to every guest every day.

We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us!

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Polish first
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel while on a business trip because it was convenient to the airport. From the moment you step into the lobby you can see the age and neglect. The chairs actually have holes in the arms! This is not the quality that I expect from Marriott. The rooms were clean but outdated. Marriott is known for their beds and bedding; the bedding was fine, but the mattresses were worn and uncomfortable. The front desk seemed to be understaffed but very friendly and helpful. The concierge did not seem to know many details of the area and was not that helpful to us. The breakfast buffet was exactly the same every day. My made to order omelet came out raw and runny, not what I would expect from a professional chef. The at your service was slow and sometimes did not answer. The laundry service was not very prompt for delivery and had some of the clothes mixed up or lost. I probably would not stay in this hotel again, unless they do some major renovation throughout the hotel and changes to the restaurant and overall service.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Farrah A, Guest Relations Manager at London Heathrow Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Thank you for your eview of our hotel.

I am certainly surprised and saddened by your comments - I would be very grateful if you could contact me directly on farrah.azam@marriotthotels.com, to provide further details of your stay and in order for me to investigate and resolve anything as necessary.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Delta, Canada
Reviewed 5 November 2013

This was the last stop before heading home from another flight and so was booked for convenience to airport. Our room was clean, comfortable and surprisingly quiet. The lobby, restaurant, and hallways are definitely showing wear and tear of age but the staff were cheerful and helpful even while busy. The breakfast buffet was more than adequate with a huge selection. Appreciated being allowed a late check-out as our next flight was mid-afternoon.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your lovely review of our hotel - I will ensure your feedback is communicated to our staff here at the Heathrow Marriott, both to our housekeeping team working tirelessly to service our rooms, the breakfast team, as well as our other departmental staff.

A refurbishment of the public areas of our hotel is scheduled for next year - we would be delighted to welcome you back to see the improvement once the work is finished.

Horncastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We got this hotel room at a special rate, nearly half price from the original room rate.

The room was clean, comfortable and quiet considering how close you are the the airport. Staff were helpful and polite. An impressive looking hotel overall.

The hopper bus picks you up right outside reception to take you to the terminals but they are only every half hour. Be warned though, one night returning from Central London we had to catch the 23.45 hopper which did not turn up and we had to pay for a taxi back to the hotel.

We only ate once in the hotel, that was in the bar called Se7en. Poor to say the least. Our order was chilli nachos and hotdogs, no gastronomic feat by any stretch but it took an age to arrive and only then when I had prompted the staff. Certainly not worth the £40 + for 3 hotdogs and a rather sad bowl of nachos.

I know it's London but come on Marriott you can do better than that!

Overall, food debacle excluded. The hotel was nice and I would stay again but only if I could get the same deal.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Swanny66
Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. Indeed, we do not experience disturbance from the airport, as our hotel is the opposite side to the runway and all bedrooms are facing away, making for a quiet stay. It is wonderful to hear our staff were able to host you in such a helpful way.

I sincerely apologise about your experience in our bar. We have taken note of this and are now focussing on all bar food being prepared and delivered as promptly as possible.
We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us here at the Heathrow Marriott once again.

Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 29 October 2013

The concierge arranged for our transportation from Gatwick and while it was more expensive than doing it ourselves I would spend the extra, if travelling with children, to avoid potential disappointments or upset by doing it myself on the internet.
Upon arrival check-in was speedy and efficient.
Like the Sheraton next door (we have stayed there as well, both have pros and cons) this is a very easy location to get to and from Heathrow on the Hoppa.
We used points for this stay but even if we were paying I would say the upgrade for Lounge access is well worth it if you were going to have a few beverages and snacks in the evening and then a light breakfast with premium coffee, tea, etc. in the morning. We certainly would have spent more than the $50 room rate difference had we sat around the bar and then gone to the restaurant for breakfast in the AM before flying, which given the prices of things at the airport I would highly recommend - eat before you leave the hotel.
We had supper at the Allie's Steakhouse and it was above average compared to many airport hotels. While not cheap, this is London, prices were not crazy given quality and quantity of food and the staff were nice about ordering a pasta dish from their Italian restaurant's menu for our son.
The room was quiet (courtyard facing) and while a bit dated it was clean, spacious for Europe and the bathroom was spotless.
Overall this was an easy stay and much better than some of the "budget" properties we have stayed at in the past.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel! I am delighted you had such an enjoyable stay.

Indeed, our concierge is happy to arrange taxi pick-ups to or from the airport in order to make your stay as seam free as possible. Guests also find the Hoppa bus speedy and efficient, running every 20 minutes between our hotel and the airport.

It is lovely to hear you enjoyed the food from our wide range of menu options! It is also a pleasure to know you appreciated the cleanliness of our rooms, which our Housekeeping department work extremely hard towards maintaining.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the future!

Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I had very unpleasant experience in this hotel. I had meals during my stay in the hotel and decided to settle the bill night before as I was supposed to be up and running early.

When paying for the meals I have not received a receipt (I did not need it anyway and the company pays for the accommodation directly). Next morning, while dropping a key card, I was challenged by Front Desk employee that I have not paid for my meals. I was asked to produce a receipt and was interrogated instead of given an apology. Total fail, I wonder do Front Desk employees steal or the hotel management does not have a process of handover between shifts? 3rd world standard!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Emira_12
Thank you kindly for taking the time to review our hotel.

I sincerely apologise for the miscommunication you experienced on check out – I would, however, like to take this opportunity to assure you our staff do not steal. I hope we were able to deliver in all other areas of service within the hotel, and I will certainly undertake training with our staff to make sure such experiences do not reoccur.

Again, I apologise for your experience on check out, and I hope in future we will be able to welcome you back to our hotel in order to change your last impression of us.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

The overall service of the hotel was pretty poor and the restaurant, 'Tuscany', served appalling food. To be honest, I thought the food looked fake when it was first served. Even though the service may have been fast, it was not appetizing. I was staying there from a good review from some close friends but the stay we experienced was certainly not what we had been told about. We were very upset with the room we stayed in and will never stay there again. It isn't recommended to any future people staying there.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Milo D
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. This feedback surprises me as Tuscany is a restaurant which usually draws positive feedback and has been awarded with an AA rosette. I would be delighted if you could contact me personally at London Heathrow Marriott in order to elaborate on your experience and the reason behind your disappointment with your room, as well as to give us the opportunity to reconcile.

Warm regards,

Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Sofitel London Heathrow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport

Been to London Heathrow Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!