“Never use this hotel!” 1 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
London, England, United Kingdom
“Never use this hotel!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I have used this hotel since it opened to stay at, have business meetings and dinners. It was convenient and always hospitable.

Sadly, Marriott have sub-contracted management of the car park to a company called Parking Eye which makes it as inconvenient to pay as possible with the sole intention of giving out parking fines. As egregious as the fees are..who carries £16 in change in their pocket there is no way to pay other than phone them which if the line is busy doesn't work.

So in future, I will take my money and spend at a hotel which values its customers and makes it convenient to park, eat, sleep...

Shame on Marriott because it reflects on the entire group of hotels worldwide

5 Thank Rick S
Farrah A, Guest Relations Manager at London Heathrow Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and I thank you for the past business you have brought to our hotel; I am glad you enjoyed our hospitality.

Our car park is indeed managed by Parking Eye, and we value your feedback regarding this. We are currently in negotiations with Parking Eye in order to make the system even more convenient and easier to use.

However, in addition to paying parking through cash or by credit card at the machine, you can also pay directly at our hotel reception, which you may find a much easier option. Moreover, if £15 or above is spent in our food and beverage outlets, we will validate your car parking free of charge at reception.

I hope this is able to reassure you regarding Parking Eye and not deter you from using our hotel.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have any further concerns.

Kindest regards,

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Polish first
Grand Haven, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

We have stayed here a number of times. It's easy to give this hotel 5 stars since the last hotels we've stayed at were in west Africa and the Middle East. This experience is literally light years ahead of those other places and makes a wonderful first impression for those visiting the UK.

We jumped a commuter bus and arrived today at around 12 Noon. I love the lobby of this hotel with its impressive hanging screen-material sculptures (sorry, not an artist so I'm probably botching that description) of Olympic events. As might be expected, a room wasn't quite ready at that hour. Front desk clerk gave us temporary keys to the business lounge where we could enjoy some refreshments and relax. She also asked if we'd like her to keep our luggage, which was very nice not needing to drag it around with us.

Instead of the lounge, we opted for the onsite grill restaurant called Allie's American Grille. Pricey (what hotel restaurant isn't?) but lovely and terrific service from the wait staff. We thought the food was quite good (my husband had a burger and lentil soup and I had a small salad and the fish and chips). While we were eating, the desk clerk appeared with our room keys and told us that our bags had already been taken there. We were exhausted and it was such a small thing but it was HUGE in our minds.

These rooms are modern and clean. The beds are super comfortable and there are wonderful climate control settings that are easy to operate (can be switched from C to F, temps can be regulated, as can the speed of an internal fan).

The in-room internet service can support up to five devices, a real bonus in this day and age.

As frequent business travelers with Marriott, we have access to the business lounge. There is a young man from Italy that does an excellent job busing the tables and keeping the food fresh and well stocked. At supper time (approximately 5:30-7:00), there is delicious food available as well as red and white wines. Tonight's fare was a bit of whipped potatoes topped with a bite of grilled chicken, crudites with hummus and dips, bread sticks and flat bread, delightful finger sandwiches, and grapefruit sections mixed with fennel bulbs and other fresh herbs, in addition to nuts, candy, cookies, fruit and beverages. They also feature nightly hot, fried vegetarian options. While this is not meant to be a full meal (chicken, grapefruit were served in individual small dishes similar to ramekins), it's a perfect light meal and nutritious and negates the need for another restaurant tab. (Can you believe I've stayed at restaurants that "offer" complimentary popcorn and hotdogs for 'dinner' and people actually eat it; ugghhhh; nasty.)

In addition, this particular Marriott is priced quite a bit less than some of the others in the heart of London. The worst I can say about this place (and most all Marriotts) is that they don't serve Coca-Cola products.

2 Thank Denise C
Thank you for your absolutely wonderful review of our hotel - I will ensure your lovely feedback, particularly of reception and Stefano, our executive lounge attendant, is shared with the team.

I am delighted to hear you were so happy with your arrival and dining experiences - we work hard to ensure our guests travel brilliantly.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future!

South Coast England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

The hotel itself is what you would expect of a Marriott - rooms are clean and functional and the reception area is spacious and well designed. But. And it is a big but, I wouldn't recommend eating at the Italian restaurant in the hotel. We ate there as a group and found the food to be average and very overpriced. The cheapest starter was soup at £7 and the cheapest main course was spaghetti bolognaise or tagliatelle carbonara - both coming in at just under £20. The food itself was ok - which given the cost was disappointing. The atmosphere in the restaurant was a bit flat but the worst thing was the smell coming from the open cooking area. When the chef seared steak there was a terrible smell of burnt hair or something. Very acrid and unpleasant. Perhaps the ventilation wasn't working? All told, I would avoid eating there if you can.

1 Thank WaveDog
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am surprised to hear of your experience in Tuscany, as it regularly attracts very positive reviews, with guests returning frequently. Please do let me know if you stay at our hotel again, as I would love to ensure you are personally looked after should you dine at either of our three outlets: Tuscany, Allie's or Sevens.

Allie's steakhouse offers a menu boasting many American favourites, and perhaps you may find this a more favourable option.

It is lovely to hear you were pleased with your room and you enjoyed your stay there.

I do hope we can welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Lubbock
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

Spent an overnight here going from Athens to USA and had an overnight before our flight out of Heathrow. Easy to get to this hotel by cab or Hoppa Bus from airport and is about a ten minute cab ride. Clean, modern, quiet hotel with very helpful front desk staff. Free wi-fi and internet in hotel lobby.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank travelingnana0806
Farrah A, Guest Relations Manager at London Heathrow Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review of our hotel. Indeed, our hotel often provides the perfect stopover in between flights, due to its close proximity and easy transport options.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future!

North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

I have stayed at this Marriott on 4 separate occasions and always because of its proximity to LHR. Lobby is spacious and nice, the breakfast buffet which for me was included in rate was wonderful, but the room I was given was warm, the AC did not work properly and never really cooled down the room. Did mention it at check-out and the gave me some reward points, but would have liked it to work instead.

Room Tip: make sure to not forget to eat at the breakfast buffet if it is included in your rate.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

It is wonderful to see you are a regular guest - I am glad you enjoy your stays with us, along with the breakfast, and we provide a convenient stopover when flying.

Please do contact me prior to your next arrival, in order for me to ensure the AC in your room is working efficiently - I apologise this was not the case previously.

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

I spent two nights at this hotel. The service, from a very friendly and helpful gentleman at check-in to the restaurant staff even to the lady who manned the hotel's Starbucks counter was top notch. The room was spacious enough, very comfortable and well-equipped. I would stay here again, no doubt.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel!

I will certainly ensure our staff receive this feedback, and it is lovely to hear you received the excellent service we aim to provide to every guest every day.

We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us!

Cairo, Egypt
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel while on a business trip because it was convenient to the airport. From the moment you step into the lobby you can see the age and neglect. The chairs actually have holes in the arms! This is not the quality that I expect from Marriott. The rooms were clean but outdated. Marriott is known for their beds and bedding; the bedding was fine, but the mattresses were worn and uncomfortable. The front desk seemed to be understaffed but very friendly and helpful. The concierge did not seem to know many details of the area and was not that helpful to us. The breakfast buffet was exactly the same every day. My made to order omelet came out raw and runny, not what I would expect from a professional chef. The at your service was slow and sometimes did not answer. The laundry service was not very prompt for delivery and had some of the clothes mixed up or lost. I probably would not stay in this hotel again, unless they do some major renovation throughout the hotel and changes to the restaurant and overall service.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Farrah A, Guest Relations Manager at London Heathrow Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Thank you for your eview of our hotel.

I am certainly surprised and saddened by your comments - I would be very grateful if you could contact me directly on farrah.azam@marriotthotels.com, to provide further details of your stay and in order for me to investigate and resolve anything as necessary.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Sofitel London Heathrow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel

Been to London Heathrow Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!